Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 2:59:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,624
Applause Received: 651

Rob Demovsky wrote:

"I think it's day to day," McCarthy said.

Mike says "day to day" like Ted says "we like our guys."

Quote:
He made only a brief appearance in the locker room and when asked about his hamstring, he said: "I told you I was fine two years ago."

Except that he wasn't, which makes Nelson's comment Monday rather ambiguous.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline musccy  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 3:06:57 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 242
Applause Received: 232

I was waiting for someone to start this thread.

Here we go again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Offline sschind  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:55:11 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
I was waiting for someone to start this thread.

Here we go again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Here we go again with what? The hamstring injuries or nerds injury posts.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 8/12/2014(UTC)
Online Mucky Tundra  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:27:16 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 356
Applause Received: 436

I expected more frothing at the mouth and f-bombs from this thread.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:39:53 AM(UTC)
musccy

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Here we go again with what? The hamstring injuries or nerds injury posts.

Yes
Offline sschind  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:51:19 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
I expected more frothing at the mouth and f-bombs from this thread.

He's only posted once, give him a chance.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline musccy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:13:02 AM(UTC)
musccy

He's only posted once, give him a chance.

once in this thread.

Some of my Rolling Eyes were in response to what seems a tragic inevitability with this team. Although I don't consider them exempt from criticism, I don't attribute nearly as much blame on the S&C, coaches, or A.T. as others...that said, with Barclay, Abby, Guion, Worthy, and Nelson, it just feels like it's starting all over again.
Offline sschind  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:35:50 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

once in this thread.

Some of my Rolling Eyes were in response to what seems a tragic inevitability with this team. Although I don't consider them exempt from criticism, I don't attribute nearly as much blame on the S&C, coaches, or A.T. as others...that said, with Barclay, Abby, Guion, Worthy, and Nelson, it just feels like it's starting all over again.

I understand what you are saying and I can even understand nerds frustrations. Like you I don't attribute as much to the coaching and training staff as he does but it does make one think. I just would like to see the numbers of similar types of injuries on other teams before I go off half cocked and start blaming everyone under the sun. Maybe some of you do but I know I don't scour other teams injury reports for stuff like this. If even two or three teams are exhibiting similar injuries it would indicate that it may be a more a factor of bad luck than of any one or two or three people on the staff since they are not on the other teams staff.

Offline musccy  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:50:27 AM(UTC)
musccy

I just would like to see the numbers of similar types of injuries on other teams before I go off half cocked and start blaming everyone under the sun. Maybe some of you do but I know I don't scour other teams injury reports for stuff like this. If even two or three teams are exhibiting similar injuries it would indicate that it may be a more a factor of bad luck than of any one or two or three people on the staff since they are not on the other teams staff.

Exactly. I saw the report of the Cowboys having the most hamstring injuries last year. The Pats have had their fair share, and living w/in 2 hours of NYC, all I've heard about is the NYG's offensive line injuries. I don't make it a point to record and graph the injuries of every other team, mainly some piecemeal observations which have led me to believe the grass isn't much greener elsewhere. I'm sure I could be proven wrong.

Supposedly the Packers are near the top of the league in IR'd players in recent years, but even if that's the case, is it statistically significant to distinguish that from "bad luck" vs. a definite culprit? My somewhat uneducated hunch is that it isn't.
Online Mucky Tundra  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:24:56 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 356
Applause Received: 436

It's ok for the moment nerd, revert back to DEFCON 5.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 8/12/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:49:14 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Exactly. I saw the report of the Cowboys having the most hamstring injuries last year. The Pats have had their fair share, and living w/in 2 hours of NYC, all I've heard about is the NYG's offensive line injuries. I don't make it a point to record and graph the injuries of every other team, mainly some piecemeal observations which have led me to believe the grass isn't much greener elsewhere. I'm sure I could be proven wrong.

Supposedly the Packers are near the top of the league in IR'd players in recent years, but even if that's the case, is it statistically significant to distinguish that from "bad luck" vs. a definite culprit? My somewhat uneducated hunch is that it isn't.

Patriots tend to have a lot of older players. They like to sign knowledgeable, solid veterans who fit into their system. That might cause them to tends toward more injuires. Our team tends to be one of the youngest in the league.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline steveishere  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:33:59 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Patriots tend to have a lot of older players. They like to sign knowledgeable, solid veterans who fit into their system. That might cause them to tends toward more injuires. Our team tends to be one of the youngest in the league.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/...ms-ranked-by-average-age

not much older than us last year
Offline StarrMax1  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:52:15 AM(UTC)
StarrMax1

United States

Applause Given: 92
Applause Received: 84

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/injuries

Online mi_keys  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:56:37 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 217
Applause Received: 352

I believe I saw somewhere that league-wide injuries have been on the rise. With some injuries, like concussions, it might be better diagnoses. With others, it might be a result of players getting bigger and faster and the potential for more violent collisions that can result therefrom.

The numbers suggest Green Bay has been on of the most injury ravaged teams of the past 4 or 5 years. It's frustrating. We've lost key contributors for significant portions of time and we've even lost a number of players to career ending injuries. We're all frustrated about that.

But like a few others here, I won't presume to know what the solution is, if there even is one. If you have your leg planted and some 250 pound behemoth running at full speed drills your knee on the side; no diet, no stretching regimen, no ghost magic will stop that knee from being fucked in that situation.

Maybe it's not even strength and conditioning related; maybe we put our players in positions that are statistically more likely to end in injury the way we play. Maybe it's a combination of both. Maybe it's pure dumb luck.

Whatever it is, glad to hear Jordy is okay... *knocks furiously on every piece of wood in sight like a god damn woodpecker*
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:20:00 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
If you have your leg planted and some 250 pound behemoth running at full speed drills your knee on the side; no diet, no stretching regimen, no ghost magic will stop that knee from being f*cked in that situation.

That's one thing. But when ACLs are popping with no contact or trauma, that's a whole other story.

League-wide injuries are up related to players hitting people low, as happened to Cobb last year. I don't look at those types of injuries as being our problem.
Rss Feed