uffda udfa
9 years ago

Uffda, how come you don't call me no more?

Originally Posted by: evad04 

When I ring you, you don't pick up the phone. [grin1]

Let me ask you a question... where are the white CB's? List them all for me. Why aren't there any? If memory serves, there isn't a white corner in the NFL.

Video games is out as a rationalization... might be time to face some facts.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
for some reason I am having trouble getting this to quote properly and create a link. It is a Wall Street Journal article.

Social networking, videogames and other technology may be drawing children away from sports. As many as 140 kids used to try out for 45 slots on the baseball team at Shawnee Mission North High School in Overland Park, Kan. Today, fewer than 45 kids try out, says George Sallas, the school's athletic director.
"Kids are more trained now to stay at home and play videogames," he says. "Sports don't intrigue them."

Last time I check Overland Park was not a part of the hood. I see the same thing happening all over northern Illinois.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

for some reason I am having trouble getting this to quote properly and create a link. It is a Wall Street Journal article.

Last time I check Overland Park was not a part of the hood. I see the same thing happening all over northern Illinois.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Last time I checked, this would not have any relevance to the fact that african american children play more video games than caucasian children. I have little doubt that scores of kids of all races are choosing video games over sports. However, the ratio of the races playing video games would nullify this quote in support of your theory which has been proven to be errant.

You can't say the reason there are more black... and less white is because of video games when video games has more of an effect on black children than it does white, or are you not seeing this?

It is an impossible task getting people to look at their favorite football team with any objectivity so it is not surprising that the aversion to looking at one's self objectively would be an even greater impossibility.

BTW, it is insulting that you would make the connection that black athletes come from "the hood" by stating that Overland Park is "not a part of the hood". So, all black athletes come from the hood? They have nothing to do so they become great athletes?

I've posed many questions yet unanswered... Where are the white corners? There hasn't been one since 2003...Jason Sehorn. 11 years and not ONE white corner? Why? Video games, again?

Where is the answer to taking 100 random white kids and 100 random black kids and guessing which group would have the better athleticism? You know the answer but you can't bring yourself to give it. Why?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

OlHoss1884
9 years ago
All I know is that you're probably going to be drafted earlier if you're a Redskin.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Last time I checked, this would not have any relevance to the fact that african american children play more video games than caucasian children. I have little doubt that scores of kids of all races are choosing video games over sports. However, the ratio of the races playing video games would nullify this quote in support of your theory which has been proven to be errant.

You can't say the reason there are more black... and less white is because of video games when video games has more of an effect on black children than it does white, or are you not seeing this?

It is an impossible task getting people to look at their favorite football team with any objectivity so it is not surprising that the aversion to looking at one's self objectively would be an even greater impossibility.

BTW, it is insulting that you would make the connection that black athletes come from "the hood" by stating that Overland Park is "not a part of the hood". So, all black athletes come from the hood? They have nothing to do so they become great athletes?

I've posed many questions yet unanswered... Where are the white corners? There hasn't been one since 2003...Jason Sehorn. 11 years and not ONE white corner? Why? Video games, again?

Where is the answer to taking 100 random white kids and 100 random black kids and guessing which group would have the better athleticism? You know the answer but you can't bring yourself to give it. Why?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You don't understand either. I don't believe more Black video gamers. It is not physically possible. Roughly 65% of the kids in the US are White non Hispanic. That is 55 million ages 0-19. Roughly 15% are Black. 12 million. Even if 100% of the Blacks played video games you can not think, well maybe you do, that only 11 million or 20% of the White kids play video games.

Look at all of Mid America there are thousands of grade schools, Jr High and High schools that are feeders into college programs that have little or no minorities in their communities. Their numbers of participation are shrinking. They have fewer athletes available for the colleges to chose from. The colleges are not going to take what is left over from the small schools. They will take the players from the larger urban schools. Even if there where a larger of numbers of Black kids playing video games the large schools that they attend still provide a greater choice for all the positions not just speed or skilled positions. Therefore the white kids are not going to be playing in the NFL.

If you think I am insinuating the only Black kids that play sports are coming form the ghetto you are a fool and there is no reason to even continue any discussion.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

You don't understand either. I don't believe more Black video gamers. It is not physically possible. Roughly 65% of the kids in the US are White non Hispanic. That is 55 million ages 0-19. Roughly 15% are Black. 12 million. Even if 100% of the Blacks played video games you can not think, well maybe you do, that only 11 million or 20% of the White kids play video games.

Look at all of Mid America there are thousands of grade schools, Jr High and High schools that are feeders into college programs that have little or no minorities in their communities. Their numbers of participation are shrinking. They have fewer athletes available for the colleges to chose from. The colleges are not going to take what is left over from the small schools. They will take the players from the larger urban schools. Even if there where a larger of numbers of Black kids playing video games the large schools that they attend still provide a greater choice for all the positions not just speed or skilled positions. Therefore the white kids are not going to be playing in the NFL.

If you think I am insinuating the only Black kids that play sports are coming form the ghetto you are a fool and there is no reason to even continue any discussion.

Percentage wise there are more black children playing video games... I do like that you brought his point up... there are more white kids than black kids out there so that only strengthens my stance here.

White guys don't play CB because there aren't any who can play the position well. It requires things they don't possess. Yes, there is a stigma as I've claimed all along that continues to be denied even though it's a full on fact. White kids are dissuaded from playing those positions because there is little chance they'll be able to compete there. Why can't they compete? The very reason you fail to let seep in as reality.

Why does it bother you so much? Does it kill you to admit that you may not be what you wish to be? I'm not athletic in comparison to many black athletes. I was very good at sports growing up but I was never going to be a 4.4 guy or have an impressive vertical.

Let it go... it really isn't bad at all.

UserPostedImage

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Percentage wise there are more black children playing video games... I do like that you brought his point up... there are more white kids than black kids out there so that only strengthens my stance here.

White guys don't play CB because there aren't any who can play the position well. It requires things they don't possess. Yes, there is a stigma as I've claimed all along that continues to be denied even though it's a full on fact. White kids are dissuaded from playing those positions because there is little chance they'll be able to compete there. Why can't they compete? The very reason you fail to let seep in as reality.

Why does it bother you so much? Does it kill you to admit that you may not be what you wish to be? I'm not athletic in comparison to many black athletes. I was very good at sports growing up but I was never going to be a 4.4 guy or have an impressive vertical.

Let it go... it really isn't bad at all.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

nope. I won't give in to a racist/racism in any form.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

nope. I won't give in to a racist/racism in any form.

You don't understand the definition then...

from dictionary.com:

racism
[rey-siz-uh m] Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
UserPostedImage

warhawk
9 years ago
This is just a dumb ass argument.

Janis got picked in the 7th round. Woopdi do.

Garcon got picked in the 6th round when he was drafted and caught 113 passes last year. More than any receive in the NFL. Oh, and he is black.

So Janis "measures" well and that should mean he should have gone sooner. Well that should make Garcon a top 5 pick, eh? Hell no.

These guys get drafted from lower divisions late in the draft because teams don't HAVE to draft them any earlier for the most part. Yeah, there's a lower division player here and there that gets on the radar but far and away NFL teams don't have to use higher draft positions to get these players.

Janis LOOKS like he MAY be a good player. Garcon has PROVEN he is a great player. Ones black and one's white. Won't change a thing about how future drafts go when it comes to lower division players.

If Ted Thompson drafted every lower division player early that ran fast straight ahead or tore through cones or benched 40 times the Packers would be screwed and that's about as black and white as it gets.
"The train is leaving the station."
beast
9 years ago
I accidently found out why the Cards drafted John Brown over Jeff Janis... and it had nothing to do with race.

I turned the TV on and up pops the Bengals at Cardinals game... I was cleaning up so I decided to listen and according to one of the announcers, the Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians "has a not so secret thing" (that's right it's not a "secret" and it is a "thing"... ) "for small fast WRs".

Made me wonder why Arians has a "thing" for small ones...

Looking into his history... the Steelers drafted three WRs over 6' while he was with them... and all of them were bust and out of the NFL within 2 or 3 years including 2nd round pick Limas Sweed and 4th round Fred Gibson. He worked with at least two other Steelers WR over 6', one was just a career 5th WR it seems and the other was Plaxico Burress in which Burress had his worst year of his prime years. The Cards also took 6' WR Ryan Swope and he busted and retired before his rookie year was over. The only 6' WR that has been drafted under Arians and been successful is WR Mike Wallace who is just 6' and accounting to nfldraftscout.com  ran a sub 4.3 time in the 40 yard dash.

But those that Arians has had some success with but are under 6'
Antwaan Randle El (not drafted under him)
Santonio Holmes
Emmanuel Sanders
Antonio Brown
Donnie Avery (not drafted under him)
T.Y. Hilton

Arians has had success with barely 6' guys in Mike Wallace and Reggie Wayne... and now with the Cards two guys a coupl of inches over 6' in Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd...

BUT other than Wallace (who might of ran a sub 4.3) Arians hasn't had any success with those drafted under him...
So reasons the Cards drafted Brown over Janis is because Janis is too tall/big for Arians to have a "thing" for him... and Packers fans should be glad about it, because Janis dropped to the Packers.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.