Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:18:57 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,701
Applause Received: 663

Michael David Smith wrote:
Last year Packers running back Eddie Lacy started his rookie season slowly but finished as one of the best backs in football. This year, the Packers think he can be the best back in football. Packers running backs coach Sam Gash says there's no question that Lacy can lead the league in rushing, and Gash...

Place your bets, gentlemen.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:06:30 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 200
Applause Received: 435

Well, I think he could. But things would have to fall in place for that to happen.
And losing anymore o-linemen would pretty much kill that idea.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 8/27/2014(UTC)
Offline Gilligan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:48:46 PM(UTC)
Gilligan

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 36

Green and Gold glasses on
"Hell ya"
Green and Gold Glasses off
"ain't gonna happen"

LeSean McCoy
Jamaal Charles
Matt Forte
Marshawn Lynch
DeMarco Murray
and of course
Adrian Peterson
I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:53:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,366

Who the hell wants Eddie to lead the league in rushing? We have a three headed monster at rb, use them all and save on all their bodies.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Wade on 8/28/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 8/29/2014(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:08:16 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 123
Applause Received: 448

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Who the hell wants Eddie to lead the league in rushing? We have a three headed monster at rb, use them all and save on all their bodies.

We have a three headed monster but Mike doesn't like to use it. I think most of us would like to see it but I'm guessing the carries will be skewed more toward Lacy than most of us would care to see. Starks and Harris will get their chances but I bet Lacy still averages over 20 touches per game

Still, like Gillgan says I think he can but I don't think he will. We don't rely on him as much as some other teams rely on their studs running backs. My early money is on Charles with Peterson a close second. Forte is possible but the Bears are like the Packers in that they pass too much and McCoy may lead in total yards but he will get a lot more yards receiving.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 7:43:05 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,701
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
We have a three headed monster but Mike doesn't like to use it. I think most of us would like to see it but I'm guessing the carries will be skewed more toward Lacy than most of us would care to see. Starks and Harris will get their chances but I bet Lacy still averages over 20 touches per game

Still, like Gillgan says I think he can but I don't think he will. We don't rely on him as much as some other teams rely on their studs running backs. My early money is on Charles with Peterson a close second. Forte is possible but the Bears are like the Packers in that they pass too much and McCoy may lead in total yards but he will get a lot more yards receiving.

Mike and Aaron will be stat whoring too much to focus on the run game. Burns too much clock, doesn't let them take as many shots deep.

Kind of excited to see what DuJuan Harris brings on screens though, if they ever choose to run any. Dude is fast, shifty and explosive.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:46:07 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

I don't bet.

I just know two things. Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback and Eddie Lacy is a great running back. They are both capable of great things. Who cares about numbers or stats. Just win. And I think they will.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline steveishere  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:46:19 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Mike and Aaron will be stat whoring too much to focus on the run game. Burns too much clock, doesn't let them take as many shots deep.

Kind of excited to see what DuJuan Harris brings on screens though, if they ever choose to run any. Dude is fast, shifty and explosive.

That doesn't make any sense. Over the last 2 years at least Mike has run the ball a lot. Also running is a big part of how they set up their deep passes, which obviously works considering they've been one of the most efficient deep ball teams for years. The play action rollout deep shot is one of the most effective plays we run. Throwing it deep isn't "stat whoring" if it works, it's "winning".
thanks Post received 3 applause.
DoddPower on 8/28/2014(UTC), earthquake on 8/29/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 8/29/2014(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:43:39 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 224
Applause Received: 359

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

I do... but because I want Lacy to average 13 yards a carry. Just like I want Rodgers to lead the league in passing from averaging 27 yards a throw. Neither will happen.

With the stable of backs we have, I would like to see us top 5 in team rushing and pushing for the league lead in yards per attempt. That could conceivably happen. We were 7th and 4th last year respectively.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:37:08 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 456

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

Did you watch the game from last Thursday?

1st drive, 7 plays 80+ yards, 3:06, 1 pass - 6 runs.

I guess Lacy should have laid down a couple of times instead of rolling over the defense so The Packers could take more time off the clock.

Or maybe Rodgers(the tight end), should have just caught the ball on the one pass attempt and just fell down after he got the 1st down yardage.

BTW short pass over the middle he broke for 32 yds.

Another year of this stat-whoring bullshit, I guess it never gets old for some.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 8/28/2014(UTC), Dexter_Sinister on 8/29/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed