DoddPower
9 years ago

I understand the point people are making with the slow start to that season, and agree to an extent.

The issue have, and possibly other "whiners" is after 7 months to prepare, you see the same problems. Another 200 yard rushing performance by an opponent. Middle LBs underwhelming, even Dom said the D Line did a poor job of controlling gaps, tackling was suspect...

Of course you're playing other professionals paid to break tackles and create gaps in the trenches, but none the less it's the repetition of similar issues that seem to hinder this team. Yet again the defense couldn't get off the field and give the offense the ball back.

I'm hoping things will change. Dom himself admitted they're trying to balance new personnel groups and when asked about Jones sort of dodged the question but acknowledged they were trying to personnel groupings to assess talent. It's a work in progress still, so lets hope things improve.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

The preparation time frame really doesn't matter, from my perspective. The Seahawks are better coached, have more talent, have the best home field advantage in the league, and play with much more passion than the Packers. Given those factors, the Packers could have two years to prepare for the game and they would still probably get beaten conceivably (especially since the Seahawks had the same amount of time to prepare). I don't think things will ever change defensively as long as A.) Dom Capers is still the defensive coordinator and B.) more talent isn't brought in. Very good-to-great teams that are better in almost every single way just have a knack for making inferior teams looks bad. Almost everything the inferior team spent weeks working on all of a sudden isn't working leaving the team a little baffled and searching for answers. Getting essentially punched in the mouth doesn't help either.
nerdmann
9 years ago

Well said. I agree with a lot of things Nerd says and like his perspectives on this site, but this 60 minutes/shitting yourself stuff drives me up a wall.

How do we determine if someone "shit themselves?" Is it a lack of effort? As much as I don't care for Hawk and Jones I don't think they're not trying. Is it poor execution? Then what team doesn't have execution errors during 60 minutes. Is it a performance that isn't dominating? The other team is paid too. It just seems like such a vague generalization that's passed off as fact.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Sometimes, self-shitting is due to a lack of effort. Like DuJuan jogging that one KO out of the end zone. Sometimes it's caused by fear, like when Aaron could have run for that first down. Sometimes it's caused by just plain shit suckage, like that play by Hawk.

I believe that this team goes into "lulls" on offense. This imo results from a lack of temp on offense, where Mike and Aaron out think themselves trying to get complicated matchups and exotic formations instead of just playing football.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
9 years ago

Sometimes, self-shitting is due to a lack of effort. Like DuJuan jogging that one KO out of the end zone. Sometimes it's caused by fear, like when Aaron could have run for that first down. Sometimes it's caused by just plain shit suckage, like that play by Hawk.

I believe that this team goes into "lulls" on offense. This imo results from a lack of temp on offense, where Mike and Aaron out think themselves trying to get complicated matchups and exotic formations instead of just playing football.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If you associate the term "shitting themselves" or "shit suckage" with Hawk and or Jones, I hear you loud and clear.

As for everyone/thing else...you're going to have that from every team in every game. Like steveishere said, you're not going to "Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl" every team every play.

UserPostedImage
Cal2GreenBay
9 years ago

Based off of ONE game, you are willing to say that we have no shot at the Super Bowl. Even though the last time we won the Super Bowl we were 3-3 and looked even shakier than we did against Seattle.

It's not the disappointment that is annoying, we got walloped and it sucked. Its the rash sweeping generalization that the sky is falling. Only one team in the history of football has won a Super Bowl going undefeated. Saying that one thorough beating is enough to rule out a team and fire every coach we can get our hands on is just flat out stupidity.

We got beat. It sucked. At least watch one more effing game for patterns and problems before crying about lost potential and the end of the free world.

Originally Posted by: Packnic 

That year, the packers were clearly the hottest team in the nfl.

The past three years, they have not been better than the 49ers or the Seahawks. Those two teams have done nothing to change that position.

Remember, the 49ers beat the packers in game 1 and still beat the packers in the playoffs. Just because there's time to beat up on lesser teams until the playoffs and pad stats does not improve being a less complete team than San Francisco or Seattle.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
It is not being a poor fan when you want your team to excel. What is frustrating is when the coaching staff seemingly doesn't have a clue as what to do. For several years Mike McCarthy has gotten all bent out of shape and defensive and even pouty when he says the team is not soft. Ok they are not soft but they roll over when facing more physical teams. So recognize it and call it something else if you want all we ask is that they correct it. Fritzy time and time and time again over the years says the defense is going to get a new look. It is not about how many guys are on the line or how many guys come in from the secondary. It is not about trying to trick the other team into missing a block. That works once. The "Psycho Package" worked once. Teams made the adjustments to a novelty and took away its effectiveness. It is about players doing a job and refusing to let the other team run all over you for 10 straight plays.

It is getting to the point where you have to wonder either the coaches are lying or they are incompetent. I don't ask the coaches to put their game plan into the media before the game. But something has to change. Aaron is a great QB. Packer fans have had it great for many years. I don't think anyone doubts that. But it is not a 1 game track record. What we are seeing is what has been happening for years. That team decided to do something different and it worked. They decided to play REAL football on both sides of the ball and had great success at the end of the season. I don't want to wait 10 games before they decide that they have to kick it up another notch. I want to see it now and later.

Yes I am a fan. I have an opinion. I don't expect them to win every game. I don;t even expect them to look good every game Stuff happens. I do expect the team form the GM to the coaches to the players to make the adjustments and do a better job every single week knowing they will not be able to do so. I just want to see the effort. That is not unreasonable.

This team is almost exclusively a draft and develop. We see lots of draft. It is time to see the develop too not just draft again and again.

As far as the bares, I live in IL too. I have some real Aholes for relatives. Mainly inlaws of course. I get ZERO pleasure out of saying well at least the bares lost too. I don't care what the bares do. I care what GB does. I love it when my idiotic BIL tries to compare the city of Chicago to GB and comes up short in almost every single aspect. If the bares lose and GB loses too there is no advantage to GB.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

That year, the packers were clearly the hottest team in the nfl.

The past three years, they have not been better than the 49ers or the Seahawks. Those two teams have done nothing to change that position.

Remember, the 49ers beat the packers in game 1 and still beat the packers in the playoffs. Just because there's time to beat up on lesser teams until the playoffs and pad stats does not improve being a less complete team than San Francisco or Seattle.

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

I challenge this. We COULD BE the better team, if we showed up for 2 quarters every week.

That's what's so disgraceful about the situation.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
QCHuskerFan
9 years ago
What's really disgraceful is that the Packers have been eliminated from the playoffs already. First team in history. What's the point in continuing? The experts (you all) have already given up on the season. Too bad.

It's ok to question things. It's fine to critique aspects of the game. But Ray Rice is the only person receiving more animosity today than your supposed favorite team. It's one game. Against the World Champions. A team that went 10-1 at home last year. Yes, I wish we'd won or looked better. But it was just one game. And it is just a game. Deep breath, everyone.

Lighten up. If you feel that strongly about how much of a failure the Packers are, then you should probably find another hobby. Since you despise their current course so much. And since so many of you are retired HOF coaches and GM's, perhaps you could offer to advise Ted Thompson & MM.

Relax.
nerdmann
9 years ago

What's really disgraceful is that the Packers have been eliminated from the playoffs already. First team in history. What's the point in continuing? The experts (you all) have already given up on the season. Too bad.

It's ok to question things. It's fine to critique aspects of the game. But Ray Rice is the only person receiving more animosity today than your supposed favorite team. It's one game. Against the World Champions. A team that went 10-1 at home last year. Yes, I wish we'd won or looked better. But it was just one game. And it is just a game. Deep breath, everyone.

Lighten up. If you feel that strongly about how much of a failure the Packers are, then you should probably find another hobby. Since you despise their current course so much. And since so many of you are retired HOF coaches and GM's, perhaps you could offer to advise Ted Thompson & MM.

Relax.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Again, we all know they'll bounce back. They always completely shit themselves until week 10. That's part of what sickens us.

And no, it's not "just one game." It's been happening for a decade now.
yooperfan
9 years ago

Again, we all know they'll bounce back. They always completely shit themselves until week 10. That's part of what sickens us.

So, they are going to start 0-9?[aiee]

QCHuskerFan
9 years ago

Again, no. Just 3 years ago, they started the season 13-0. Didn't win the Super Bowl that year either. But fact's are not relevant to ranting.

Someday you will probably encounter something that makes being 'sickened by a football team' seem as galactically stupid to you then as it does to me now. I hope you never lose anyone close or have a significant illness or financial ruin. But it might help gain some perspective. Football is just a game.

I am as passionate about the Packers as anyone else. But I can't find it in me to spew the hatred and vitriol that is all too common on this Internet Forum lately. You all have fun with that. I'm taking a sabbatical from listening to the irrational venting on here.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (5h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (5h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (5h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (21h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.