Discussion Board
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
2014-09-21T15:29:50Z
The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League is pleased to announce that it will be a part of this forum. The league formed for it's first season in 2013 . The 2014 season is well underway and is doing very well. League news and announcements will continue to be delivered by e-mail, but will now have a thread in this forum also. All forum members are welcome to post , and League members are encouraged to support this thread most hopefully. [boxing]
Smokey
  • Smokey
2014-09-29T20:05:30Z
It is with great that the Tailgaters Fantasy Football League welcomes two replacement owners from this forum.

Welcome dhazer and Pack93z to the Tailgaters Fantasy Football League ! [aiee]
The league looks forward to competing with you both . A special THANK YOU for agreeing to join us as our season has already begun. Best of Luck and feel free to post in this thread or through official league channels.

dhazer
2014-09-30T01:30:29Z
well i am waiting to see what team I have and look at the rules
Smokey
  • Smokey
2014-09-30T02:51:41Z
Originally Posted by: dhazer 

well i am waiting to see what team I have and look at the rules

Thank you for your patience, welcome to the league.
dhazer
2014-09-30T22:53:20Z
ok hopefully someone will trade with me in this league lol ummmmm Packzzzzzzzz :)😆
Smokey
  • Smokey
2014-09-30T23:58:08Z

ok hopefully someone will trade with me in this league lol ummmmm Packzzzzzzzz :)😆

Be aware that as League Manager I can veto any trade/trades that I deem unfair. However, good luck with finding an owner in this competitive league to trade with ! LOL [duh]
Smokey
  • Smokey
2014-10-18T22:26:06Z
pic

Halfway through the season and there is no clear league leader. The competition is very fierce and the replacements are hard to find . Good Luck to All !!
Smokey
  • Smokey
2014-12-29T23:16:29Z
It is with great pleasure and pride that I announce The 2014 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League Champion .

The Hamburg Sea Devils (Marco Hentshel) is The 2014 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League Champion.
Congratulations, well played Sir .

I invite all of our Team Owners to for the 2015 Season .

Larry Carroll
League Manager
Smokey
  • Smokey
2015-04-09T16:11:00Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

The Hamburg Sea Devils (Marco Hentshel) is The 2014 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League Champion.
Congratulations, well played Sir .

I now take this opportunity to again invite all of the 2014 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League's Team Owners to return for the 2015 Season. In addition to posting here in this thread, personal/official invitations will also be sent via ESPN.

The 2014 Season proved to be most competitive. I salute all team owners on a job well done and will look forward to your RSVP replies .

Larry Carroll
League Manager
The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League

:thumbleft :sunny: :thumbrigh
Poppa San
2015-04-09T21:45:26Z
When do we draft and will I ever get a top pick?
Smokey
  • Smokey
2015-04-09T23:09:38Z
Originally Posted by: Poppa San 

When do we draft and will I ever get a top pick?

I fully intend to discuss the Leagues' Draft with all Team owners. Every owner will have their position in the draft randomly chosen as usual. Trades may take place following the draft.

I regret that last seasons draft was inconvenient for some members, but as League Manager I had to do what was best for the most Owners. Hopefully this Seasons Draft will be accessible to all of the Leagues Owners.

Finally , I believe that as we enter our 3rd Season, that the League should award a real trophy to the Leagues' Champion. I will propose to the league that a non-refundable $10.00 fee be received from each team owner prior to the leagues' draft. Furthermore I will propose that a League Treasurer be elected to receive, manage the money, and to purchase and ship the Champions Trophy to the 2015 League Champion.

All ideas shall be open for debate and voted on by the league owners prior to being adopted.

Larry Carroll
League Manager
dhazer
2015-04-10T21:56:11Z
PackZ and myself should get the top 2 picks seeing we took over expansion teams lol. OK Shaun got a good team but my team really sucked
Smokey
  • Smokey
2015-04-11T20:12:55Z

PackZ and myself should get the top 2 picks seeing we took over expansion teams lol. OK Shaun got a good team but my team really sucked

Return for the 2015 Season and compete again. Are you a Player or a pretender ? LOL All will again have a fair and equal chance to compete. Again I must applaud and thank you and PackZ for taking over those teams last season.

As we approach our 3rd Season, I feel confident due to the competition last season, that the league now has a full roster of owners that many other leagues wish that they had. I hope that I may be able to count on you and all the others to return for the 2015 Season. I believe that this season will prove to be a lot of fun and very competitive.

Personally, I wish you all all the best in your recovery of good health. Take good care of yourself, The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League needs you !

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Smokey
  • Smokey
2015-05-14T21:46:03Z
It gives me great pleasure to announce that the 2015 Tailgaters Fantasy Football Season has officially begun. I welcome all team owners and encourage all to participate again this season. An e-mail has been sent to all owners and reply's will be welcomed.

The Draft will be set after league owners have had chance to discuss a Day/Time. I will be informing ALL Owners of any developments as needed.

League Manager
Smokey
  • Smokey
2015-05-15T15:28:42Z
Team,"Hamberg Sea Devils", the 2014 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League's champion will not be returning for the 2015 Season. As a result there is currently an opening for a team owner in the league. Anyone wishing to compete in the league's 2015 season in that open slot, please contact me and arrangements can be made. The ten team league should enjoy a most competitive and fun season.

The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League salutes it's 2014 Champion and wishes him well.
gbguy20
2015-05-15T17:08:29Z

Be aware that as League Manager I can veto any trade/trades that I deem unfair.

Kind of a deal breaker.
Smokey
  • Smokey
2015-05-16T13:57:22Z
The managing of a fantasy league calls for ensuring that fairness and good sportsmanship are respected at all times. As League Manager I have not found it necessary to veto any trades to date. It is the League Managers job to recruit, set the draft, and ensure fair play. I have always done just that. This League is for fun and as well as competitiveness, as a result I have found it necessary to expel and replace owners due to their abandoning their teams.

Tailgaters Fantasy Football is not a "Cutthroat" League. We don't play for money, or take advantage of other owners. There are plenty of those Leagues if that is your style. Each team starts fresh every season and no trades are allowed until after the League Draft takes place. All teams compete according to the skill or lack of skill of their owners.

This League is not in competition with other leagues, so we wish those leagues well. Our rules of play are set forth by ESPN and not made up to give advantage to any team. As Founder and League Manager I started this league to escape just such a league. The payoff in our league is making new friends, gaining bragging rights, and winning the leagues championship. As League Manager, I must administer to operation of the league and ensure it's integrity.
Zero2Cool
2015-05-20T13:29:29Z
Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Kind of a deal breaker.

Oh relax. Send ole Smokey a ham sammich and you will always get good trades!

I kid of course. I like more fantasy leagues out there because it is fun. I barely have enough time for the one little league we have for PackersHome. I somehow continue to find away to always finish better than Dhazer every single year and that man lives, bleeds and cries fantasy football!!
gbguy20
2015-05-20T17:01:51Z

The managing of a fantasy league calls for ensuring that fairness and good sportsmanship are respected at all times. As League Manager I have not found it necessary to veto any trades to date. It is the League Managers job to recruit, set the draft, and ensure fair play. I have always done just that. This League is for fun and as well as competitiveness, as a result I have found it necessary to expel and replace owners due to their abandoning their teams.

Tailgaters Fantasy Football is not a "Cutthroat" League. We don't play for money, or take advantage of other owners. There are plenty of those Leagues if that is your style. Each team starts fresh every season and no trades are allowed until after the League Draft takes place. All teams compete according to the skill or lack of skill of their owners.

This League is not in competition with other leagues, so we wish those leagues well. Our rules of play are set forth by ESPN and not made up to give advantage to any team. As Founder and League Manager I started this league to escape just such a league. The payoff in our league is making new friends, gaining bragging rights, and winning the leagues championship. As League Manager, I must administer to operation of the league and ensure it's integrity.

Ok...my post was regarding the fact that it is up to you to deem a trade unfair. I know exactly what running a league entails, as I ran 3 leagues simultaneously over the last 6 years. My point is, it shouldn't be up to 1 person, it should be put to a league wide vote. Also, over my time I have seen many trades that look unfair initially, only to find out a few weeks later that it was probably the opposite. Because of this I find it almost completely unnecessary to ever veto any trade.
Smokey
  • Smokey
2015-05-21T15:09:26Z
There is currently an opening in the league for a new team owner. Interested, contact me and we can talk about it.

LM
gbguy20
2015-05-22T16:14:57Z

As a league manager myself, I know the backlash that comes from Vetoing a trade. I weighed that trade and ruled it unfair. There were protest, but my decision was in the fair interest of the entire league, There was an attempt to override that veto, but it failed and the league moved on. In my league, we play for fun and bragging rights, not blood and money. Please don't allow a disallowed trade to tarnish your season. After all, It's Fun Dammit !! Have FUN !! [aiee]

oh ok