wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

I recognize a Gilligan, I mean a Troll when I see it.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Time to move on. I have seen way too many trolls over the years and expressing an opinion is not the same as being a troll. We are talking about the viking-packers game.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
9 years ago

Time to move on. I have seen way too many trolls over the years and expressing an opinion is not the same as being a troll. We are talking about the viking-packers game.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Just for that, "No soup for you. "
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Just for that, "No soup for you. "

fair nuf. I will just eat a crust of bread.

Back tot he vikies, Greg Jennings may well be a great guy off the field but it didn't hurt my feelings none that he couldn't make a statement on his return. I am sure he would say it was not any more special than any other game but if he had a big game he would have been a little more satisfied than if it had come against Tampa or someone else. It sure would have been for his sister too.
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
9 years ago

From a Vikings fan POV:

Yeah I'm a little late here, but here it goes. I can't excuse our defense for what they allowed Lacy to do to them. It was embarrassing. It's been bad enough watching Rodgers carve up Leslie Fraziers sieve of a defensive scheme over the years (don't you love what he's done with the Bucs defense this year xD?), now we gotta watch Lacy blast through gaping holes too? We were without Greenway, but I don't think he would have made that much of a difference. To be honest, I think the entire team was deflated when they heard the news that Ponder would be starting.

And on that note I segue right into how your defense "pummeled" our offense. Lets be honest, this game was over the minute it was announced Ponder would be starting. It's bad enough we lost Peterson for probably ever, but seeing Ponder start again, on prime time, and against our most hated rival. It was pretty much every Vikings fans worst nightmare. Merry Christmas Green Bay, I hope you enjoyed our early gift xD.

I'm not trying to suggest your defense is bad, it handled the Bears just fine, but lets put Thursday nights game into perspective. You faced possibly the worst QB in NFL history, without his favorite checkdown target Kyle Rudolph, without our child abusing star RB, and without our starting RG Fusco. Your starters pretty much pummeled our B squad.

If Teddy played, I think the game is a lot more competitive. We probably still lose, but Ponder is what made that game the embarrassing blowout that it was. His QB rating was 8.6 half way through the 3rd quarter, and only garbage time kept the game from being a shutout. 4th year in the league and he still looks like a scared little boy out there. He can't even get the ball into the hands of our best play maker, Patterson.

I'm sure you guys remember the horror of having to watch Tolzien and Flynn play last year. Well now you can probably imagine the hopelessness Vikings fans have when Christian Ponder takes the field lol. Your misery only lasted for what, 8 weeks? Imagine if you had to suffer through nearly 3 years of that crap. Well make that 7 years, we had to endure that scrub Jackson for way too long as well. We got a small break when that one guy came to play for us for a season, what was his name? I forgot xD. But yeah, now we can't get rid of Ponder fast enough. Even with him at 3rd string it only took 4 weeks before we had to see him again. And now we're just 1 injury away from him being our long term starter again.

I just hope both teams are relatively healthy for our week 12 rematch, so we can maybe, finally have a competitive game in this rivalry. Green Bay is 8-1-1 in our last 10 meetings (including playoffs), winning by an average score of 33-19. :-&

Originally Posted by: Reignman 

I believe a lot of this to be true.

Teddy played against a very questionable D in his first start - but he looked much better than you could ever expect from Ponder. I think this game would have been a lot closer with him starting. If he is healthy when they play again - I suspect it won't be a blowout.

To compare Tolzien to Ponder is not correct - he was not drafted first round to be our starting QB, but I know it is like a punch in the gut knowing the dropoff from starter to 2nd and 3rd string (especially at QB). To say that your guys in Minnesota were fielding their B team would also be incorrect - how often does a team's week 1 roster stay entirely healthy/available through the whole season?

Taking the field without Rudolph probably did make a difference - he has saved Ponder's tail on many occasions. That said - Patterson and Jennings were out there, so it isn't exactly like the offense was completely neutered. When all said and done - the Vikes just played poor ball all around.

These are just my opinions, but in all reality - I think the Vikes with a decent QB are a much better team than we saw on Thursday night. Hopefully the next one will be more exciting to watch[boxing]
Reignman
9 years ago

Perhaps as honest a post as a Vikings fan can type. There was of course some slanted bias, but that is to be expected. The QB scenario remains to be supported, and Peterson loss is not valid as the Packers have shut down the Vikings/Peterson one trick poney more than once before. Bring your A squad next time and we'll go home with another big W.

UserPostedImage

Why would a troll take the time to write such a long response lol? If I wanted to roll I would have just said, "The Packers suck and the Vikings rule", and I would have saved myself all this time lol. But please point out where my bias was slanted and I'll try to offer up an explanation. I think I was being fairly honest. And true enough, you've shut down Peterson more than once (with Ponder at QB), but that 1 trick pony has 4 games over 175 yards vs the Packers, and a career average of 117 ypg (14 games). So if you think Asiata/McKinnon are just as much of a threat as Peterson, then I wish you were the Packers D coordinator lol.

Why are you accusing Reignman of being a troll, just because he is a Vikings fan?
Looks like he has been on this site for about a year and with 10 applauds, some people must have respected his input.
His commentary was respectful and just his thoughts.

I for one appreciate rival fans that post with integrity.

Originally Posted by: Gilligan 

Thanks! I'm glad someone gets it. I'm not here to make excuses for that suck fest Thursday night, I'm just trying to offer up an opinion from another POV. I joined this board last year to bitch about the Vikings lol. What can I say, there was a lot to complain about last year, and I wanted to bounce a few things off of our rival. Your own board can become an echo chamber after awhile.

I posted more than a picture. Also had you examined his post he claimed every excuse for why his Vikings lost plus that the Packers had played their "B" team. If you don't recognise a back hand slap, then you must get abused a lot.

Wow man, you'd think the Vikings won 42-10 and I came here to trash talk. I'd hate to see how uptight you'd get if that were to happen. Do you always feel this threatened in the presence of a Vikings fan? You'd probably need therapy if you accidentally ventured onto a Vikings board. Relax sparky, I come in peace. I'm about as honest about my team as a fan can get. I'm definitely no homer.

Christian Ponder should be the Vikings future.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I know some Vikings fans you might like, they feel the same way lol. I think you guys are going in the wrong direction too. That Matty Flynn cat is going places. I can see a bright future. That other guy, what's his name? Alex Rogers? He's had a lot of beginners luck, but that's not going to last forever xD. Quick, someone explain to Smokey that that's not trolling, it's a joke.

Bull, our starters destroyed your starters in the trenches on both sides of the ball. You couldn't even use 2 players to keep Mike Daniels from terrorizing your QB all night. Our second best interior pass rusher went out of the game fairly early and it made no difference because Letroy freaking Guion was there to whip whoever was across from him. If Letroy Guion was beating up on any player on your team you immediately lose the right to make excuses. Lets not even get into our o-line vs your d-line.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Well yeah, when our putz of a QB holds onto the ball forever, has 0 pocket presence, and a wet noodle for an arm, I suppose it looks like your D line was terrorizing him. Go back and watch any Ponder game, EVERY D line terrorizes Ponder. He always panics and runs around like chicken little. I'm not saying we have the greatest O line, far from it. They can be turn stiles at Disneyland at times, but it's amazing how much better they look as a unit when anyone but Ponder is back there. And I'm familiar with Guion he played for the Vikings for 6 years. He didn't do so well in the 4-3, so I guess maybe the 3-4 was just the kick he needed xD.

There is a huge difference between Ponder and Tolzien or Flynn playing. Green Bay didn't waste a first round selection on their backup QBs.

Touche my friend lol. But I think you missed the overall point I was trying to make. When a QB sucks, it doesn't matter where he's drafted, you just want the misery to end asap. Ponder was a panic pick and a reach by Spielman, everyone knows it, and he was forced down our throat for 3 years because of it. Shees, can we just get rid of him already lol?

Back tot he vikies, Greg Jennings may well be a great guy off the field but it didn't hurt my feelings none that he couldn't make a statement on his return. I am sure he would say it was not any more special than any other game but if he had a big game he would have been a little more satisfied than if it had come against Tampa or someone else. It sure would have been for his sister too.

I think it eats at him too. I know he had to be kicking himself every night, "da heck was I thinking?". I think he's still a good receiver, we just haven't had a QB who can get him the ball. Last year when Ponder was finally benched, for just a moment, you could see relief in Jennings eyes. And that was with Cassel throwing him the ball lol. I think he's going to do much better with Teddy.

I believe a lot of this to be true.

Teddy played against a very questionable D in his first start - but he looked much better than you could ever expect from Ponder. I think this game would have been a lot closer with him starting. If he is healthy when they play again - I suspect it won't be a blowout.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

Exactly, and that's all I was trying to say. And hopefully we find out in week 12. Watching Ponder play is what I would imagine it would look like if a high school QB tried to play in the NFL. Just an awful idea.

To say that your guys in Minnesota were fielding their B team would also be incorrect - how often does a team's week 1 roster stay entirely healthy/available through the whole season?

Taking the field without Rudolph probably did make a difference - he has saved Ponder's tail on many occasions. That said - Patterson and Jennings were out there, so it isn't exactly like the offense was completely neutered. When all said and done - the Vikes just played poor ball all around.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

I didn't mean we were literally playing with our B squad, as in every position like it was preseason. But we were missing all of the key components. The QB is pretty much the offense. If your QB is bad, your team is generally bad. Look how bad Green Bay was after losing just 1 guy last year (Rodgers). 5-2 before the injury 2-5-1 after. The QB alone makes that much of a difference. Remember the 2-14 Colts that year without Manning?

Look how bad Ponder was with Peterson rushing for 2k yards. Every defense we faced had 8 in the box and keyed in on Peterson the entire game, and Ponder still struggled to throw for 100-150 yards. In 2012 Peterson nearly became the first back in NFL history to average more per rush (6.03) than his starting QB had per pass (6.08). Ponder finally passed him week 17 vs Green Bay. Thanks for saving us that dubious distinction BTW xD.

Thursday night we saw just how much worse Ponder would be without a guy like Peterson taking all the focus. Green Bay didn't have to respect the run and stack 8 in the box. Mr. 3 ypc Asiata wasn't making any defense lose sleep.

Green Bay is still the favorite in the North and you probably still beat us Thursday night with our A squad. We're young and with a new coach, scheme, and QB, and we're still trying to find our identity. But I like the direction it's headed.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Touche my friend lol. But I think you missed the overall point I was trying to make. When a QB sucks, it doesn't matter where he's drafted, you just want the misery to end asap. Ponder was a panic pick and a reach by Spielman, everyone knows it, and he was forced down our throat for 3 years because of it. Shees, can we just get rid of him already lol?

Oh I got what you were saying my friend. I was laughing.

applause for dealing with so many other posts in a single bound. Super job.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
9 years ago
Reignman,

Will you be so willing to post your boast after the Packers travel to play the Vikings, and whip them a second time this season. Will you be offering more lame excuses like it's cold outdoors, or we had to play our "B" team again, or our best player is on double secret probation and can't violate it by playing a contact sport.

I also post on other team sites, but I'm careful not to post against their team or to promote my team. All other teams are however fair game. Trash the Lions, Bears, Cowboys, 49ers, Dolphins, etc. all are fair game. Trolling is not just trashing an opposing team, but trying to say that ,"you won because we did not field our best". It is something you hear on 6th grade playgrounds.

The Packers beat the Vikings , period. The Packers will beat the Vikings again, period.
UserPostedImage
Reignman
9 years ago
Duly noted, Smokey is a sore winner xD. You did notice that MY team lost 42-10 and I came to YOUR board to boast about how MY team sucked right? And I did admit that YOUR team probably still would have beat MY team even if our A squad had played ? Then what's the problem? Is it because I dared to think the score would have been a bit closer if we weren't missing 4 key starters? The delusion I must suffer from.

If the 8-2 Packers led by Flynn, beat the 2-8 Vikings led by Bridgewater 50-0 in our next meeting, I'll probably be here boasting about how bad my team was again. But oh drat, I just realized I won't be able to get my backhanded slaps past the rest of the board with Smokey and his troll-be-gone on duty.

But tell me Smoke, what was the main reason for the 5-2 Packers sudden 2-5-1 slump from November 4th to December 22nd last year, including a 40-10 loss to Detroit on Thanksgiving? You weren't on this board during that stretch so I can't go back and look for your excuses. Hmmm I wonder what was different about those 8 games? I guess we'll never figure it out. I'm just glad Dom Capers wasn't fired over it.

But hey, here's some more trolling I was doing on your board before you arrived on the scene. Crazy how everyone survived all this abuse without you here to protect them xD.

This right here. I agree with nerdmann for once xD. Playing our swiss cheese defense, Tolzien will do just fine. And you don't have to worry about INT's, the Vikings are pretty bad in that department. The few INT's that we do have have come on tipped balls, and we only have 1 INT from a CB all year.

You're going to win anyway, I mean come on, Ponder is starting. You've seen him play before right? So it's a good game to give Rodgers additional rest. Besides I'm really really tired of watching him carve up our cover 0 defense and going 28/30 for 350 and 4 TD's. My nerves can't take it anymore xD. I'd rather lose to a rookie than see Rodgers with his "oh that's right, I'm playing the Vikings defense" smirk on his face again lol.

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Thanks Reignman for coming here with your hue challenged insight. You're fine and like everyone, you can feel free to share your opinion freely here.

That said, I still hate your team. 😉
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago
ROFL so much for the offensive problems being all Christian Ponders fault... 😆
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.