nerdmann
9 years ago

This game will tell us ALOT about this team.

If they shit themselves, then we're just the same old, same old. If they play well, I will be pleasantly surprised.

So far so good on the defense. They've been holding it together.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

These disappointing self-shitting episodes get predictable after a decade or so.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dfosterf
9 years ago
It's all Ted Thompson's fault. You can't build a great team just through the draft.
dfosterf
9 years ago
Julias (can't hold onto a football thrown right at him) Peppers notwithstanding, but chile, please.
The_Green_Ninja
9 years ago

These disappointing self-shitting episodes get predictable after a decade or so.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I sincerely do not want to seem like an apologist for the Packers performance. But football, especially with the NFL, has been a game of momentum. Had the football Aaron Rodgers threw in the third quarter not have bounced off the wide receivers hand and been intercepted, the game could've easily been different. Now, there is no reason for the poor play by the defense. We also must remember that this defense is still clicking. And it is still clicking on a very tough away game against a team the Packers just haven't seemed to farewell against in primetime games. Seriously, look it up. The Packers haven't want to primetime game in New Orleans in a very long time.

The good news for us Packer fans is that these players have yet to reach their prime and are still learning. Take ha ha for example. I believe he learned a lot in this game. Something he needs to learn if were to make a far in the playoffs. This is something I believe the 2011 team never truly got to learn.

If there is anything we need to be concerned about, it's the very on and off performance of the Packers a run defense. BJ Raji was going to be an important part in fixing this but that was ruined thanks to his injury. They started using the NASCAR defense in order to help with this, but it seems the Saints figured out how to stop it.

If we cannot stop the run, I guarantee you the one team we will never get past is the Dallas Cowboys. As strange as that is because we predicted them to have a terrible season, their offense line will destroy us. And most importantly, we need to hope this team clicks just in time if we are to meet them.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 years ago
We are what our record says we are. Per usual, we can't beat good football teams, and now, we can't beat good football teams that fell upon hard times (until they met US)

hardrocker950
9 years ago
Typically I take some time before I post, but I am beyond disappointed in their showing. It seemed that this team was starting to show some promise - then Sunday night happened.

The Good -
Possibly the only good I saw tonight was Lacy being more involved. He made some plays, made guys miss, and put some nice yardage up.

Having a bye week should give the guys some time to sort their shit out. If they don't, this team has no business in the playoffs.

The Bad -
Lang getting hurt is bad news for this line - that is obvious.

Stone handed receivers dropped some easy catches.

The secondary doesn't look the same without Shields and Burnett on the field. Too many receivers left uncovered.

The Ugly -
The defensive line was highly ineffective. Run D performance was one of the worst I have ever seen, especially against a mediocre back. This D couldn't even stop the run when it was plainly obvious what the next play was going to be.

Coaching decisions at times were beyond head scratching. There is no reason to go for the onside kick when you are up by 3 in the first half.

Getting cute and trying to get Peppers a TD was pointless and a waste of a down, we have receivers that are able to catch - well, usually.

4th Down run. I understand the reason for it, but cannot understand why you don't approach it with a better plan in mind. Screen pass, sweep, or just about anything else would have had a better chance at success. If you are taking a gamble, give yourself the best chance at being successful.

The turnovers were big time killers. One pick should have been 6 on the board, but due to a horrible catch attempt - it ended up in the opponent's hands. The second turnover was partially due to an off target throw, but was catchable.

Poor tackling showed it's ugly face again. Some of these moments were the difference between a punt and a scoring drive.

Officiating was not of much help, often making questionable calls. I saw Saints on both sides of the ball with hands all over their match-ups without being flagged. Incidental contact being flagged at every turn for a white jersey, but not on the home team. Opponents holding on the line went uncalled most of the game, which only compounded the run D problems.

I am sure someone will call me out as a doom and gloom guy and I really don't care. To shit the bed on this level is inexcusable in professional sports. I was unsure of our D, and it has been confirmed that they have a long way to go - just hope they can fix it before it is too late (which it nearly is.)
Cheesey
9 years ago
Hard rocker....I won't pick on what you said.you were pretty much right on the money.
Our D was ineffective on the run and pass. And our O couldn't score anything but 3's in the red zone.
It was a horrible showing on the national stage.

and why on 4th down, why does Mike McCarthy always run it? You have Aaron Rodgers and a great WR group. Why not throw for it? Mike McCarthy tries an onside kick, but won't pass on 4th down?
I don't get it. It's not like our run game is doing so great.

I guess I'm not an offensive genius like McCarthy.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
9 years ago
This was one of those games that was just bad luck. By the second quarter, I was dreading this game with all the little issues that were either preventing us from getting in the end zone or keeping the D on the field. That being said, great teams with the ability to play well deep in the playoffs can overcome bad luck. Packers still have a long way to go get there this year.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

You are steady!!!!! Keep up the GOOD karma!!!!

Just read where D. Jones is OUT. Shields is DOUBTFUL, and Burnette is QUESTIONABLE.

Looks like it's gonna be HHCD and Hyde starting with Richardson as #3 Safety.

Williams and House starting at Corner.

Packers are going to need Hayward and (yikes) Bush step up Sunday night.

I think they will be up to the challenge.

Not worried at all about hayward,as long as Bush is just playing the nickle and/or dime, he should be fine.

Still this could turn into the 1st team to 50 wins!!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Good Karma failed ... and that's an under-damn-statement!
UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago
A screen lass on 4th and a half yard? This isn't Madden. Nothing wrong with running it...I didn't love running at Lane Taylor, but otherwise nothing wrong with the idea.

Peppers was a stupid call, but didn't dramatically affect the outcome.