Zero2Cool
9 years ago
The Packers seem to get quite cocky at times or maybe complacent is more accurate. The Packers will be getting Morgan Burnett, Datone Jones, Sam Shields and JC Tretter back after the BYE. Also, any tweak of Aaron Rodgers hamstring will be recovered by then as well. If it is not, that is okay because then the Packers will scheme their offense with fast developing routes so he can get rid of the ball quickly.

This loss will make the Packers more hungry than they would be if they had won five in a row. They are essentially two games behind the 6 - 2 Lions since they lose the tie-breaker.

The next five games are against Bears, Eagles, @Vikings, Patriots and Falcons with four of them at home. I wouldn't be surprised if they won four of out those five and crank their record to 9 - 4 with three remaining games which include @Bills, @Buccaneers and home against Lions.

The Packers will come out of this BYE pissed off and hungry. Mark it down right now, they will dominate the hell out of the Bears after the BYE.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
While I understand what you are saying, you are pointing to the next few weeks. Maybe we will have to disagree but that length of time is short term for me. Long term would be looking at the events 3-5 years from now and I don't see last night having an impact that far down the line. If Aaron was the old man getting ready to retire soon and the back up QB was the heir apparent I could see how that would be a good thing for the long run.

The timing of the bye is a good one.

That it is good to be coming into a game against the Bears with a chip on their shoulder is a good thing as well.
UserPostedImage
millertime
9 years ago
The game was closer than it seemed at the end. McCarthy definitely got outcoached (or I should say Capers got outcoached).

The Julius Peppers play is one that you do when you are up by a couple scores or in preseasons. Why waste a precious redzone target on Peppers when you paid Nelson $9 million to be your go to guy?

I have no problem with the onsides kick. The way Brees was moving the ball on us it really didn't matter if they started on their 20 or our 40.

There were definitely a couple tough calls that really impacted the end of the game. The Davante Adams first down that was called back hurt and the Davon House pass interference hurt.

Rodgers played well. It's hard for me to put either of those INTs on him. Quarless should have used his body to shield the DB and Adams cut off a route early on the second. Couple that with the Seahawks ball that bounced off Jordy's hands and Rodgers hasn't really thrown any bad INTs the whole year.
musccy
9 years ago

The Julius Peppers play is one that you do when you are up by a couple scores or in preseasons. Why waste a precious redzone target on Peppers when you paid Nelson $9 million to be your go to guy?

Originally Posted by: millertime 

Agreed. What went through my mind watching this was how do the TEs and WRs feel about this?

There were definitely a couple tough calls that really impacted the end of the game. The Davante Adams first down that was called back hurt and the Davon House pass interference hurt.

Terrible call, but I also think the game was nearly out of hand at that point. It was also a pretty bad game for House, that phantom call aside.

Rodgers played well. It's hard for me to put either of those INTs on him. Quarless should have used his body to shield the DB and Adams cut off a route early on the second. Couple that with the Seahawks ball that bounced off Jordy's hands and Rodgers hasn't really thrown any bad INTs the whole year.

Agreed, that those pics probably weren't AR's fault, but I don't agree with the last statement. On Cobb's TD, Aaron Rodgers was lucky the DB was lost, he basically threw right at him. For every pic a QB "shouldn't be credited with" there are just as many throws he got away with.

musccy
9 years ago

The Packers seem to get quite cocky at times or maybe complacent is more accurate...

This loss will make the Packers more hungry than they would be if they had won five in a row. They are essentially two games behind the 6 - 2 Lions since they lose the tie-breaker.

The Packers will come out of this BYE pissed off and hungry. Mark it down right now, they will dominate the hell out of the Bears after the BYE.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't disagree with the last statement, but I don't think the loss was due to cockiness or in the long term any more/less hungry.

The Packers ran into a good team that plays great at home and was getting borderline desperate. The Packers went into it with some inconvenient, albeit not damning, injuries in the secondary, and then picked up two more injuries mid-game that when coupled with other variables was too much to overcome. It was clear for 2-3 drives that Aaron Rodgers couldn't or was afraid to step into throws. The Packers were in a track race and once you lose a step or two as they did around the late 3rd quarter, it's over, but I don't see it due to complacency.

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
A loss is a loss is a loss. I see NOTHING great about it.

The Lions have an easier schedule the rest of the way than we do, and after their lucking out the past few games, it will be tough to pass them up.

If you want to say having the bye at this time is great - getting those guys back, etc., fine, but that has nothing to do with losing this game. Sitting two weeks and stewing over a disgusting loss is not a great or good thing.

The Packers are still a top flight team and should go to and far into the playoffs, but it irks me whenever I see shit like how poor our O Line personnel is compared to other teams who have successfully retooled theirs - the Saints, for example, not to mention the Cowboys and probably several others, The same is true to a lesser extent with the Packers defense. Rather than blaming Capers, I have always praised him for doing a good job of compensating for subpar personnel. The greatness of this team still boils down to Rodgers, Lacy, and the WRs overcoming the mediocrity just about everywhere else, and I still blame Ted Thompson for not maximizing things.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Pack93z
9 years ago

Also, any tweak of Aaron Rodgers hamstring will be recovered by then as well. If it is not, that is okay because then the Packers will scheme their offense with fast developing routes so he can get rid of the ball quickly.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

To me.. it is not the running element that scares me with Rodgers hamstring.. it is the affect it has on his passes. Simply put.. his accuracy and zip were affected after the "pull". Example.. the Adams pass that set up the failed 4th down.. just a noticeable difference in his throws post.. guy was laser tight all night till then.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
warhawk
9 years ago

The Lions have an easier schedule the rest of the way than we do, and after their lucking out the past few games, it will be tough to pass them up.

If you want to say having the bye at this time is great - getting those guys back, etc., fine, but that has nothing to do with losing this game. Sitting two weeks and stewing over a disgusting loss is not a great or good thing.

The Packers are still a top flight team and should go to and far into the playoffs, but it irks me whenever I see shit like how poor our O Line personnel is compared to other teams who have successfully retooled theirs - the Saints, for example, not to mention the Cowboys and probably several others, The same is true to a lesser extent with the Packers defense. Rather than blaming Capers, I have always praised him for doing a good job of compensating for subpar personnel. The greatness of this team still boils down to Rodgers, Lacy, and the WRs overcoming the mediocrity just about everywhere else, and I still blame Ted Thompson for not maximizing things.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Detroits schedule is not all that easy with road games against Arizona, NE, and GB. They also play at Chicago late and while the Bears are sucking right now you never know where teams will be health or momentum-wise late in the year. Outside in the cold Detroit is not the same team. I think it could come down to the last game when the Packers get them at home. Sure hope it comes down to having to win that game to win the North. Unless, of course, we could clinch it before that.

I agree with the rest of what you say though. It's a very frustrating three hours when the big guys on both sides of the ball don't show up.

"The train is leaving the station."
sschind
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

If the Packers come back from 21 down its a great comeback, if the Lions (or Bears or anyone else) do it it's getting lucky. Face it, the Lions don't suck anymore. They are one of those teams that have retooled. They may still have their annual meltdown and I get the feeling its what we had better hope and pray for because they are not just getting lucky, and they don't suck. We may very well have a hard time catching or passing them.

I do agree that I see nothing great that comes from this loss. We were what 13-1, lost to the Chiefs and everyone said it was a great loss because it will "wake them up" or "give them a shot of realism" or whatever BS trite phrase fans wanted to use to make it sound like it was a good thing. How did that work out for us in the long run.

For losses like this to be good things thing it has to expose weaknesses in the team that get addressed. Well, weaknesses were exposed alright but I don't know if they were new weaknesses that were heretofore unknown or just old weaknesses that were known but not addressed and made to look not as bad as they really were inthe past few weeks.

This is only the second full game I have watched all year (Seattle was the other) and it sucked. I felt that if we could keep it within 1 score we had a chance because we could possibly tie it and win it in the end. I thought we might get lucky and get a pick of our own (or fumble recovery) to allow us to make up the 1 score deficit and go ahead but once we went down by 2 TD's I felt it was over. I had no confidence that our defense could stop the Saints from scoring twice. We allowed the Saints receivers to get open over the middle every fricking time. Yeah, we had decent tackling and they didn't seem to kill us with YAC but it seemed like every fricking pass was complete. I now know the frustration of those of you saying we need LBs that can cover.

I don't care what their record was, the saints are a great offensive team. I didn't expect it would be easy but I did expect to win. Millertime says the game was closer than it seemed in the end but I have the opposite feeling. I had the feeling the Saints had their way with us and the only reason it wasn't a Patriots/Bears type game was because Rodgers kept us in it.

Yes, We were missing 3 starters on defense and MAYBE that would have made a difference I don't know. Yes, maybe Rodgers hammy thing affected the way he played. Yes I think both interceptions could have been avoided and were not Rodgers' fault but still I don't get the feeling it would have made much of a difference. I didn't see much in this team that said we can BEAT this team. It said we can hang in there with this team and maybe pull it out. We CAN win this game but we can't BEAT this team. The Saint's pretty did what they wanted all night long. I know some will say but look at those times when we held them to field goals but my response to that would be yeah, it kept it from being a blowout earlier rather than later.

It may sound like I'm getting all doom and gloom and saying its over but really that is not the case. I do feel that it is possible that we pull it together and pass the Lions and win the division and win a playoff game or two and even the Superbowl. In part because I think this team is good enough to do that but also in part because I have seen no team besides the Broncos really distance themselves in my mind. The cowboys have a chance to do that tonight for me with a convincing win but so far they are just another very good team like the Cardinals and even the Eagles and the Lions. Of course some of it is obviously a bit of homerism as well. I just don't think there is very much positive to come out of a performance like the one the Packers showed last night.

Probably what made it worse was I watched it with my mom who is 70 something and knows absolutely nothing about football and after almost every single play she made a very audible "tsk" sound. It got very annoying and I couldn't just tell her to go to bed. Finally about midway through the 4th quarter she says "it doesn't seem like the Packers are doing very good does it? Why don't they try something else?" If ever there was a time I wanted to tell her to shut the hell up that was it.

At least my nephews played well. One scored 2 TDs and lead his team to the top seed in his division and a first round playoff bye and the other played almost the entire game on the D line and even though he was double teamed almost every down and got pushed around by some bigger and better kids a few time he pretty much held his own and was always around the ball. I haven't seen a lot of good Packer football this year but honestly I haven't really missed it.

I suppose one good thing the loss did for me was to help reiterate what the real important things are and quite honestly the real important things do not include the NFL.
Cheesey
9 years ago
Detroit looks "for real". They have been winning without "Megatron" on the field. That alone is a scary thought. When he comes back....wow.
They did luck out the last 2 weeks. Brees cost the Packers in the one, and the "false start" miss of the field goal bought them the win yesterday.
That said, they got the wins, and in the end that is what matters.
I keep hoping they do their end of the year implosion that has become their "norm".
But you sure can't count on that.
The Packers better wake up.
They played just like they did against Seattle in week one. No run D or pass D and no pressure on the QB.
We won't win many games against good teams with the lousy defense they have shown.
I hope getting guys back will help. But with no run stoppers on our D-line, it doesn't bode well for us.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (8h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (14h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.