macbob
9 years ago

My favorite part of of all this is you weren't confident enough to do this BEFORE the game was played.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Before the game you say we haven't played anybody...just beating up on the sisters of the poor. Not playing top quality QBs, etc.

So, when I say I'll wait until after we play a SB contender you're knocking me for that? You're so full of crap, your eyes are brown. I was just doing exactly what you said.

BTW, what is our playoff record in this 2014 season?

Really? We've got the same playoff record as every other SB contender. Again, you're full of crap.

A 2nd BTW, what was the YPC of the Pats RB's? We were VERY fortunate NE didn't commit to the run in this one. I'm sure it would've been different. Did you happen to see us "try" tackling Blount?

I saw us tackling the Patriots runners 18 times and holding them to 84 yards.

26-21 over the NE Patriots, who were 9-2 going into the game and still possesses the home field advantage in the AFC throughout the playoffs if the playoffs were to start today. Tell me again how shitty the Packers are...
UserPostedImage
macbob
9 years ago

It is meaningless IF they go one and done again. Who will care about this win if we bow out in our first playoff game? Who?

We NEED the seeding help. We're very good at home this year and not so good on the road. I think everyone would admit that. This is not 2010... going on the road isn't an option for this particular team.

Arizona is toast. The key will be whether we can hold off Seattle record wise for the top seed. Seattle will win the NFCW and Arizona won't even make it. If we tie with Seattle they are the #1 seed assuming we beat Detroit.

None of us wants to see Seattle...at Lambeau, which is preferable, or otherwise.

Great win to set the table... but AJ Hawk is right. It doesn't mean a thing if they blow it, again, in the playoffs.

OK, this post I can get behind, and I'll even give you a +1, just because.

On the road: We've lost 3 on the road, two at the very beginning of the season when we weren't playing well at all. 3rd loss was to NO after Aaron Rodgers pulled his hammy. We were tied with NO, within their 10 yd line when it happened. Aaron Rodgers throws an INT and that was that. Different game without the injury.

On Seattle--we lost to them in the first game of the season, not sure we'd lose to them in the playoffs. I for one wouldn't mind the opportunity to find out. Hey, at least that would mean we made the playoffs... 🙂
UserPostedImage
macbob
9 years ago

Who said I wasn't happy? I'm ecstatic. I was responding to someone who had a chance to respond to me before the game but wasn't confident enough to do so. I was responding to him directly...not you...not anyone else but him. He made some silly statements and I responded to them.

I do think this is the right mentality instead of the gushing you'll see here and most everywhere in Packerland:

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 32m32 minutes ago
A.J. Hawk: "Unless you go and do it in the playoffs, it doesn’t mean anything. ... So we’ll see. I’ll let you know hopefully in February."

---Thank you, AJ...this is MEANINGLESS...UNLESS this team does something with it. I like playoff wins that lead to rings. Not regular season wins.

And I'm responding to a poster who started a thread earlier in the season titled: "Packers aren't very good".

The first game of the season was enough for you to say the Packers stink, weren't going to go anywhere, had no chance in the playoffs, etc.

But beating the Patriots isn't enough for you to say they don't stink.

I didn't think you could bring yourself to say it.
UserPostedImage
macbob
9 years ago

I feel like we should get to the show if we don't have to face Seattle...or SF, if they somehow get in there barring no injuries. Don't set it up to win it all and then gag it.

SF & Seattle are beatable. Their performance so far this season shows that.

But so are we. That's why I wouldn't say "should" get to the show. I would say we've got as good a chance as anyone else of making it, and better than most. Too many things can happen (injuries, bad bounces, etc). As you advance through the playoffs the margins get smaller and smaller, and it takes less to turn a win into a loss.

The SB is the goal, but it can't be the only thing. Otherwise, you'll have to get used to years and years of disappointment. Because NOBODY is going to win the SB every year, especially in this era of roster salary caps designed to level the playing field.

To me, 2010 was an outstanding year even BEFORE the playoffs started, one that I was going to talk about for years to come.

How many time does it happen that a team fires their coach in the middle of the season after your team just put a whoop-assing on them?

And it happened twice that year, to the two teams I would have picked if I had gotten to choose--the 'queens and the cowgirls. Still makes me smile to think about it 4 years later... 😆

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

How many time does it happen that a team fires their coach in the middle of the season after your team just put a whoop-assing on them?

And it happened twice that year, to the two teams I would have picked if I had gotten to choose--the 'queens and the cowgirls. Still makes me smile to think about it 4 years later... 😆

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Ah man, thanks for bringing up those great memories.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

Before the game you say we haven't played anybody...just beating up on the sisters of the poor. Not playing top quality QBs, etc.

So, when I say I'll wait until after we play a SB contender you're knocking me for that? You're so full of crap, your eyes are brown. I was just doing exactly what you said.

Really? We've got the same playoff record as every other SB contender. Again, you're full of crap.

I saw us tackling the Patriots runners 18 times and holding them to 84 yards.

26-21 over the NE Patriots, who were 9-2 going into the game and still possesses the home field advantage in the AFC throughout the playoffs if the playoffs were to start today. Tell me again how shitty the Packers are...

Originally Posted by: macbob 

You could've told me how we were going to beat NE before we actually did.

BTW... I'm not all that impressed with this win because we put up 131 yards in 2nd half and only 86 through the air. How we got outcoached that badly in 2nd half is a mystery. Just look at these Mike McCarthy greatness articles...the great coach almost blew the game for us. A sickening 2nd half lacking all the creativity of the 1st.

Do I think the Packers stink? No. I think they are SB favorites now and it would be a shame if they blew it. I don't know that I trust our D... Blount averaged close to 6 yards a carry... I shouldn't have to tell you that is terrible anymore than I should that our 2nd half offense was HORRIBLE.

Thrilled with the win...just not pleased with what I saw in a 2nd half that should've cost us the W. Extremely fortunate to walk out of a home game with a win with that 2nd half offensive performance.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Some random thoughts on my virgin packer alliance experience.

I'll start by saying that I did not watch the television broadcast. I have always loved listening to the radio for NFL football. I also have a history with Wayne Larivee going back to the mid eighties on WGN's Bears broadcasts. He is by a mile, the very best NFL radio play by play guy out there.

I will be refraining from using "WE" when talking directly about the Packer's performance.

GB played "Big Boy" football yesterday.

They traded punch for punch with The Patriots, the best that the AFC has to offer.

I am now convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that The Green Bay Packers are the Best in Show of the NFL.

So gentlemen enjoy the ride, they are peaking at just the right moment. But above all I want to see them steamroll, and pulverize, the Detroit Lions.

Originally Posted by: polargrizz 

Great perspective from A FOOTBALL FAN!!!!!!

That perspective has been missing a long time around here by a lot of members.

Again, glad you decided to leave the dark side!!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Great perspective from A FOOTBALL FAN!!!!!!

That perspective has been missing a long time around here by a lot of members.

Again, glad you decided to leave the dark side!!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

To offend a few you alienate the many? Not cool.

Anyhow. I haven't been able to find many videos on the experts talking about the Packers and Patriots game. I was thinking with all the hype the videos would be falling all over. All I've been seeing is articles.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
9 years ago

You could've told me how we were going to beat NE before we actually did.

Most of us mere mortals recognize the fact that we are not clairvoyant. Thus far, most of your predications, like how terrible the 2014 draft was, how the packers were a bad team and would struggle to get to 8-8, etc, have shown to be faulty. I would hesitate knocking others for their predictions or lack thereof without looking in the mirror first.
blank
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Most of us mere mortals recognize the fact that we are not clairvoyant. Thus far, most of your predications, like how terrible the 2014 draft was, how the packers were a bad team and would struggle to get to 8-8, etc, have shown to be faulty. I would hesitate knocking others for their predictions or lack thereof without looking in the mirror first.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

LOL...I predicted 12-4. 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road. One and done in playoffs. Show me the 8-8 prediction. You won't find it.

Packers were a very bad team early on. They weren't?

The 2014 draft was very disappointing to me...still is.

Ha Ha has exceeded my expectations but he's not special...he's not very good right now but better than what we've had.

Davante was okay....but I expected and wanted more speed than he provided.

I really hated the Rodgers and Thornton selections...thought Bradford was a good pick for where he was taken and a Abbrederis also. I don't believe I had much to offer on Linsley...didn't like Goodson pick but LOVED the Janis pick.

I wanted to see guys with speed and great athleticism. Ha Ha doesn't possess it nor does Adams. Moncrief from Indy is a guy I wanted. Guy can fly. I did not want another guy who had average speed. A possession type. I wanted a homerun speed merchant that we've lacked for years.

Not sure where I was so wrong? Linsley has overachieved. Not sure any of the others are anything other than I thought save for Bradford who is horrible and I said as much shortly after liking the pick.

Yeah, I can see how off I was.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."