DoddPower
9 years ago

New England has done similar this season - yet nobody questioned them when they got back on track. Why should it be so different for the Pack? Granted they haven't faced a great top 5 talent since, but that is a stupid reason to write them off so abruptly.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

dhazer would never do such a thing!

mi_keys
9 years ago

Sorry RP but how quick do we forget about a few weeks ago on MNF and the embarrassment we had in New Orleans and then see how bad the Saints have been since doesn't make me feel any better. We beat up on the Bears and the Eagles with a backup qb. We will get a true test in 2 weeks against NE.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I remember. I remember it was Sunday night, not Monday. And that at the moment it's the anomaly in our last 7 games.

This is a good team and it's not unreasonable for people to be excited that this team could make a run.
Born and bred a cheesehead
dhazer
9 years ago
Don't get me wrong I am feeling really good about this team, but I am also trying to not get to high. Right now I believe we would be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC behind the Cards and Cowboys maybe. I think the Cards are the easy front runners with a solid offense and strong defense. I am still waiting for NE
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I think the Packers looked pretty good against the Saints until Rodgers got hurt. The Packers go as Aaron Rodgers go. Seems pretty simple to me.

The Packers defense will still be a liability against certain quarterbacks. Most defenses are. But if the Packers show up and play to their potential, they will be very difficult to beat. If they show up unprepared and fail to play to their ability, then of course they could be beaten. It's just a matter of preparation and execution, as always. But in theory the Packers stack up against any other team in NFL. I do think they might be slightly overrated as a result of the past two games, but they are still very good.

By the way, where has uddfa been? Do I have still have him on ignore or something?

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I guess it is real easy to forget The Packers went into the Saints game without Burnette, Shields and D. Jones.

Still halfway through the 3rd period the score was tied with the Packers driving to take the lead.

Like I said earlier, doesn't really matter about how The Packers WERE playing, it is how they ARE playing!!!

The Defense is better, The Offense is better, Special teams had a hiccup against The Eagles, but they have remained solid!!!

Anything can happen currently watching The no win Raiders outplay The Chiefs.

I'm just gonna sit back every Sunday and enjoy the ride!!!!

EDIT: Uffda got mad took his ball and went home.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Reignman
9 years ago
I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to get that feeling too. I don't see anyone in the NFC beating the Packers at this point. Your team is clicking in all phases of the game right now. And as a Viking fan, that makes it all the more painful to watch and think about xD. Yay, my most hated rival could win another championship. Just shoot me now.

Personally I think it's all going to come down to homefield advantage. If the Packers can somehow lock that down, then yeah I don't see who's going to stop em. And with all the other top teams dealing with big QB injuries, your odds are looking pretty good.

The AFC has some pretty good teams though so I'm not quite ready to hand them the Lombardi just yet. And obviously it's all contingent on Rodgers staying healthy.

If Green Bay has to go to Arizona, Detroit, or Dallas for a playoff game though, then I could see them stumbling.

But I can't wait to see you guys play New England in a couple weeks. Might be a Super Bowl preview.

And I'd like to think your final game vs Detroit could be for all the North marbles, but I fully expect the Lions to have their typical late season implosion and make that game mean little more than whether they'll be 1 and done from the 5th or 6th seed.
macbob
9 years ago

The other thing I have seen is that in the past few weeks, they have FINALLY gotten away from this silly run first crap, and let Aaron be Aaron - and by passing 'em crazy first, Eddie Lacy has benefited too with big holes to run through once Rodgers has shock and awed 'em into submission.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I'll give you that (pass first) for the Philadelphia game, but in the Bears game 4 of the first 7 plays were run plays. First half ended with 25 passes, 13 runs (At the end of the game: 32 passes, 32 runs).

Against the Eagles: first 6 plays were passes (ended in FG). First half had 24 passes, 7 runs. At the end of the game: 38 passes, 25 runs.

So, McCarthy appears to be still tailoring his game plan based on his evaluation of the opposing defense's weaknesses.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.