dyeah_gb
9 years ago
During Sunday's game, they were talking about Brady and Rodgers with that image that showed "The Brady Bunch" and "Mr Rodgers Neighborhood." I think I heard one of the announcers say that both QBs were going to the hall of fame. Did anyone else catch that or am I making stuff up?

I was surprised when I heard it and it made me think if he has already done enough in his career to make first ballot. I think he is getting close but great stats are not enough given how QB friendly the league is now. Another ring should do it in my opinion though.

Would you guys put him as a first a ballot with his performance to date?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
uffda udfa
9 years ago

During Sunday's game, they were talking about Brady and Rodgers with that image that showed "The Brady Bunch" and "Mr Rodgers Neighborhood." I think I heard one of the announcers say that both QBs were going to the hall of fame. Did anyone else catch that or am I making stuff up?

I was surprised when I heard it and it made me think if he has already done enough in his career to make first ballot. I think he is getting close but great stats are not enough given how QB friendly the league is now. Another ring should do it in my opinion though.

Would you guys put him as a first a ballot with his performance to date?

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Yes, they said it... not really a shock to me as I believe it to be true. Both are sure fire first ballot HOF'ers even if Rodgers breaks his neck vs. Atlanta and never plays another down.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Tezzy
9 years ago
Not surprised at all. Maybe surprised that the announcers have said it already, but not untrue.

Rodgers now with a 4.0 TD/Int ration. Only 8 other quarterbacks all-time have even broken a 2.0 ratio.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
earthquake
9 years ago
If Steve Young is in the hall (he is), I see a clear path for Rodgers to be. He's a very, very comparable player and has accomplished similar things in his career up until this point and both backed up a different HOF QB for a number of years before they started. If he plays a few more years at the same level or wins another SB he is a lock for sure. Rodgers is in his 8th season as a starter, Young made it in after starting 8 mostly full seasons for SF (1 for TB, and a 9th he started but was injured and forced to retire)

So far Rodgers:
Has won a superbowl
Superbowl MVP
NFL MVP
Highest career passer rating in regular season with a minimum of 1,500 passing attempts (106.4)
Only quarterback in history to have a career passer rating of over 100.0
Only quarterback in history to have a career passer rating of over 100.0 in both the regular season and postseason.
Best touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history (3.93)
Lowest interception percentage (1.6%)
Best passer rating in a season (122.5, 2011)

Even if he retired after this year, he would have a good shot at the HOF, though I think its a bit early to say he's a lock to make it. He probably will never get close to many of Favre/Peyton's records due to starting a few years late, but everything he has accomplished to this point basically say he is the most efficient QB of all time.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago
I have a hard time with the HOF today with Quarterbacks. If you listen to the analysts, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Eli, Ben and Rodgers are all sure fire HOFers. To me that is just to many currently active QBs to add.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
earthquake
9 years ago

I have a hard time with the HOF today with Quarterbacks. If you listen to the analysts, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Eli, Ben and Rodgers are all sure fire HOFers. To me that is just to many currently active QBs to add.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Yeah I see what you're saying there. At this point only Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are sure fire locks to be first ballot HOFers IMO. The rest on that list have various arguments you could make for why they deserve to be in. I think Rodgers has shown more consistency throughout his career than the rest of those guys though. Ben and Eli both have multiple SB wins, but they've had some pretty bad years in between. Brees has been pretty consistent for the most part.
blank
Cheesey
9 years ago
He is building a good career. I think he needs to keep it up for at least a few more years, and hopefully add at least one more SB ring.
Brady has done enough already to be a lock.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
If you ask them for a clarification I am sure they would waffle a little and add the caveat, if he keeps doing what he is doing now, Aaron will be in the Hall.

Maybe Aaron has already done enough. I personally like the Hall to be for the greatest of all time not the Hall of the very very good. The NFL Hall tends to be a little softer when it comes to admitting new members that MLB is.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago

Yeah I see what you're saying there. At this point only Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are sure fire locks to be first ballot HOFers IMO. The rest on that list have various arguments you could make for why they deserve to be in. I think Rodgers has shown more consistency throughout his career than the rest of those guys though. Ben and Eli both have multiple SB wins, but they've had some pretty bad years in between. Brees has been pretty consistent for the most part.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Ben and Eli definitely do not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Not yet, anyway, despite the Super Bowl victories.
earthquake
9 years ago

Ben and Eli definitely do not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Not yet, anyway, despite the Super Bowl victories.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Yeah I think I would have to agree with you, but I could see how someone could make an argument for them. More Eli than Ben, due to his heroics in two SB wins over very good Patriots teams, but then he's been awful recently, so yeah, it would be a very tough case to make.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.