earthquake
9 years ago

And now you're reading into the stat. Where is it said that this metric is for overall performance and/or efficiency? The title itself says "under pressure" and that is what this metric is gauging and does so accurately. This isn't saying one QB is better overall than the next. This is simply showing HOW the QB's perform WHILE under pressure. There's a distinction there. This isn't saying those QB's who perform better under pressure are overall better than those who do not.

I think I just spoke in a circle lol

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I disagree, its showing one small subset of performance. Any stat that doesn't take TD:INT ratio into account won't give you an accurate picture of performance, under pressure or otherwise.

But I digress, I think there is interesting information here if you want to look at very specific performance metrics and don't care about overall performance. One interesting stat on that chart is HAT, where Rodgers has only been hit once while throwing. I think this points to his awareness skills and overall ability to protect the ball. This chart seems to show that QBs who are hit often while throwing have higher INT percentages.
blank
yooperfan
9 years ago
Stats, metrics or whatever suck.
The eye test tells me he's everything I want in a quarterback when under pressure.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

No, its showing one small subset of performance. Any stat that doesn't take TD:INT ratio into account won't give you an accurate picture of performance, under pressure or otherwise.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

This is not a overall performance metric, again, as I have said already, it is simply showing how accurate the PASSES are from a QB while under pressure. That is it, that is all this metric is. It is not saying Jay Cutler is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. It's simply saying that Cutler is throwing more accurate passes while under pressure than Rodgers. Even with that said, I would still take Rodgers over Cutler in any situation other than maybe who can fling it the furthest.

If a pass is accurate, it is accurate, period. Whether the WR takes it for a TD or not is not relevant to the accuracy of the pass.
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
9 years ago
Let's keep in mind that Jay has spent a lot of his career under pressure. It's to be expected that he would be a little better. Due to his massive amount of reps under pressure. 🙂
yooperfan
9 years ago

Let's keep in mind that Jay has spent a lot of his career under pressure. It's to be expected that he would be a little better. Due to his massive amount of reps under pressure. :)

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

😆 I like that!

Rockmolder
9 years ago

Rodgers 6:1 td:int ratio is by far the best here, whatever ACC is, Brees at 2:7 TD:INT (by far the worst) leads in it, so it must not be a particularly useful stat.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Roethlisberger is at 9 TDs and 0 ints, for what it's worth. He just stands there when the pressure is coming. Also means he takes the most sacks.

This is not a overall performance metric, again, as I have said already, it is simply showing how accurate the PASSES are from a QB while under pressure. That is it, that is all this metric is. It is not saying Jay Cutler is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. It's simply saying that Cutler is throwing more accurate passes while under pressure than Rodgers. Even with that said, I would still take Rodgers over Cutler in any situation other than maybe who can fling it the furthest.

If a pass is accurate, it is accurate, period. Whether the WR takes it for a TD or not is not relevant to the accuracy of the pass.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The biggest thing a stat like this can't account for is playstyle.

Blitzing often results in pressure. Let's just say that 50% of pressure in these stats is caused by blitzes. When you blitz, you obviously roll over coverage somewhere in zone or have one on one match-ups in man.

When Rodgers sees one on one match-ups or a favorable zone defense, he's going deep.

That'd explain the lower completion percentage, accuracy and also the rather high amount of TDs, while still looking rather good against the blitz when you just watch him without stats.

Of course, this is all just speculation, but I've seen a guy like Tannehill or Fitzpatrick play and I'm pretty sure they're not better at reading defenses and/or have better accuracy.
nerdmann
9 years ago
Awesome, maybe this will convince teams to blitz Aaron more. lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
mi_keys
9 years ago
So where's the yards per attempt? Which of these quarterbacks is simply dumping it off versus trying to go deep or mid range? Completing 75% of your passes in this subset might not be better if they're largely dump offs for a couple yards versus getting first downs from hitting a crossing route 15-20 yards down field.
Born and bred a cheesehead
nerdmann
9 years ago

So where's the yards per attempt? Which of these quarterbacks is simply dumping it off versus trying to go deep or mid range? Completing 75% of your passes in this subset might not be better if they're largely dump offs for a couple yards versus getting first downs from hitting a crossing route 15-20 yards down field.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Surely you're not suggesting that Aaron is a stat whore.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
9 years ago

Let's keep in mind that Jay has spent a lot of his career under pressure. It's to be expected that he would be a little better. Due to his massive amount of reps under pressure. :)

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

That's the first thing I thought of when the Cutler/Rodgers comparison came up but you have to admit, with the way our line has been in recent years Rodgers has been under plenty of pressure as well.

What I find interesting about this graphic is the pressure %. I assume that is the number of times the QB is pressured when he drops back. Rodgers is 3rd lowest. This speaks pretty well for our offensive line I would think. Maybe even more than the sack percent because in this case I don't think the sack percent takes into account coverage sacks or sacks where the QB has had time he just doesn't get the pass off for whatever reason.
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (10h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (11h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (13h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (14h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (19h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Random Babble / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.