Zero2Cool
9 years ago
The 2 win Jaguars have twice as many sacks as the 10 win Packers.
UserPostedImage
9 years ago
Yeah I agree about the shields thing. It looks like he shouldn't of played after not practicing all week. He needs to stop relying on his speed and get back to his fundamentals.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

The 2 win Jaguars have twice as many sacks as the 10 win Packers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'll take the wins. Don't care if we score 100 or 1, if we give up 1 or 100 on defense. Whether we have 500yard passing with 200 yards rushing and 10 tds or 100 and 50 with one FG.

As long as we get a W and not a L.

it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning's winning
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I'll take the wins. Don't care if we score 100 or 1, if we give up 1 or 100 on defense. Whether we have 500yard passing with 200 yards rushing and 10 tds or 100 and 50 with one FG.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Obviously you take the wins, no kidding, but isn't that kind of a crazy stat though? I did a double when I looking at the stats lol
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
9 years ago

Should we say that AZ's defense is over too? I mean they managed to let Julio do the same and loss to top it off. We won.

Im not trying to be mean here but u really gotta know what kind of D we were playing in the 2nd half to understand why ATL came back. We played soft zone coverage D. A competent QB like Ryan and a great WR like Julio can expose that real quick and they did. We sacrifice yards and some scoring for time off the clock to win. This defense is not as bad as some of u are saying. U really gotta understand the type of coverage they were playing..

1st half - aggressive man coverage with little zone coverage

2nd half - soft zone coverage mixed with prevent D

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Yep, they really let up in the 2nd half. People can defend the approach all they want, but I am not a fan of it.

I wouldn't be so concerned if they played the coverage a little lighter - but they nearly handed the game away on a silver platter. Just because you have a big lead doesn't mean it is ok to give up easy points.
nerdmann
9 years ago

They played almost the entire 4th qtr with Brad Jones as the sole MLBer. We didn't try to do anything fancy.

Though Dom did make a nice move of putting House on Jones on the outside, of our CB he is the best option for being able to go up and play the ball in the air against taller WR.

Something didn't seem right about Shields either. I don't think he was fully back from the concussion, or else the amount of running and bouncing around during the game took a toll on him and aggravated his condition.

Julio Jones is twice as tall and twice as heavy as Shields. It's not a favorable matchup from a physical standpoint, that's why they put House on him later.

House doesn't have the speed or cover ability of Shields, but he can bump a guy like Jones at the line and match up with him better when the ball is in the air.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
pacmaniac
9 years ago

Well, Julio Jones is one of the best wrs in the game. Matt Ryan is no slouch and Mike Smith is not a bad coach. They made adjustments.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

If all that is true, why are they 5-9?

Remember those comments I said about the Packers Defense vs average to good QB's?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Baffles me how they played well against Brady.

It's amazing that this is the same Defense that faced the Patriots and the Eagles.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Eagles game doesn't mean much, since it was against Sanchez.

That's what the 2011 team said when they got their 15 wins... but nothing in the postseason.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

They played almost the entire 4th qtr with Brad Jones as the sole MLBer. We didn't try to do anything fancy.

Though Dom did make a nice move of putting House on Jones on the outside, of our CB he is the best option for being able to go up and play the ball in the air against taller WR.

Something didn't seem right about Shields either. I don't think he was fully back from the concussion, or else the amount of running and bouncing around during the game took a toll on him and aggravated his condition.

What is if wasn't Dom's call? What if it was Whitt that made the move?

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Musccy,

This is not the best Defense in the league. It is the #18 scoring defense. It is the Defense of a team that has gone 9-1 in their last 10 games. It is the same D that held the Patriots below their, at the time, league leading scoring offense just last week. It is what it is. Average, but supplemented by a tremendous offense.

But before we discuss any more of it's flaws, lets discuss the perfect teams in the league. Let's start with, um, well, the Patriots? Wait, we just beat them. So the, uh, Seahawks. Wait, they've lost more games than the Pack and have no receiving threat. Well, crud. Is there no perfect team?

This has the making of a special season. One that might end in not making the playoffs. Or maybe a first rd exit. Or possibly even a Super Bowl title. Does everyone really want to spend the season complaining about things we don't understand or control? Life is short. Enjoy the trip. Don't focus on the potholes.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

QC,

What are we as casual fans allowed to do? Talk exclusivity about the victory? The Offense?

The offense in the first half was outstanding.
Jordy fantastic.
Aaron is the MVP and going into the HoF at this rate.

Ok it's done. now what?

It is not unusual or wrong or even disrespectful for fans to talk about the areas of the team that they would like to see improve. As you point out there are no perfect teams so they is always going to be room to discuss the things we have concern over. No one will ever change that.

I don't want you to stop saying what you say because it would be a pretty boring world if we agreed on every thing all the time.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago
Defense is giving up .4 yards per play more than in 2010
Offense is gaining .6 yards per play more than in 2010

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.