buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
Well hell that wasn't what anyone wanted today.

Packers lose.
Detroit wins
Seattle wins

Can't dwell on it to long, Packers have to get ready to go to Tampa Bay.

Win the last 2...12-4 worst that The Packers could be is 2nd seed, still plenty of football to go.

Not the path I wanted to see, but it is what it is.

Gotta give credit to Bills coaches, they put together a great plan.

The players executed that plan to the tee!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
steveishere
9 years ago

Yeah, but the reason the rule was put in place was to prevent desperation fake fumbling to advance the ball at the end of the half/game. It was a direct result of the Oakland Raiders "Immaculate Deception" play back in the 70s--Ken Stabler 'fumbled' the ball to avoid being sacked. No Raider player was able to pick up the ball and run with it (as they had Chargers players hanging all over them trying to recover the ball), so they batted the ball forward until it was in the end zone, and then fell on it.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

yeah it's supposed to stop someone from fumbling on purpose but there should be a way to account for the scenario like what happened today. Like letting them at least be able to advance it to the spot where the fumble happened
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

yeah it's supposed to stop someone from fumbling on purpose but there should be a way to account for the scenario like what happened today. Like letting them at least be able to advance it to the spot where the fumble happened

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

And then you get gray area judgment calls by the referee's an that is precisely what the NFL needs to avoid.

The Packers should not have found themselves in that position in the first place. The rule is fine, the Packers play is not.
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
9 years ago

The Packers should not have found themselves in that position in the first place. The rule is fine, the Packers play is not.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yes, but the rule still sucks.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

I didn't learn anything today. I've known we have trouble and will always have trouble with strong defensive teams that get in your face with intimidation. Unfortunately there will be three of these teams in the NFC playoffs: Seattle, Detroit, and Arizona. We can't avoid all of them.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Unfortunately they most likely will meet one of them on the road.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

Well hell that wasn't what anyone wanted today.

Packers lose.
Detroit wins
Seattle wins

Can't dwell on it to long, Packers have to get ready to go to Tampa Bay.

Win the last 2...12-4 worst that The Packers could be is 2nd seed, still plenty of football to go.

Not the path I wanted to see, but it is what it is.

Gotta give credit to Bills coaches, they put together a great plan.

The players executed that plan to the tee!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Yep, they executed. Plus we repeatedly shit ourselves.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
9 years ago

Who cares if someone fumbles on purpose? Big F'n deal.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
9 years ago

And then you get gray area judgment calls by the referee's an that is precisely what the NFL needs to avoid.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't even care about today Lacy possibly didn't even get the ball out so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. How is it a gray area if there is a fumble to not blow the play dead until the offensive player advances it past the point where the fumble happened? Seems pretty simple to me. If it's too difficult to determine where the fumble happened then make it the original LOS.

The spirit of the rule is to keep an offensive player from fumbling on purpose to advance the ball in an end of game situation. What happened today is not in that spirit. It's simply a dumb rule.
nerdmann
9 years ago

I don't even care about today Lacy possibly didn't even get the ball out so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. How is it a gray area if there is a fumble to not blow the play dead until the offensive player advances it past the point where the fumble happened? Seems pretty simple to me. If it's too difficult to determine where the fumble happened then make it the original LOS.

The spirit of the rule is to keep an offensive player from fumbling on purpose to advance the ball in an end of game situation. What happened today is not in that spirit. It's simply a dumb rule.

What's wrong with doing a fumblerooski? Fuck that dumb ass rule.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Whenever a rule doesn't go in favor of your under-performing team, it is always a "stupid"/ "dumbass" rule, lol.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.