Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 2:49:22 PM(UTC)
The Ranks on the site are boring and honestly when they were thrown up, they were just to replace the existing generic ones. After about 8 years it's time to think of some new ranks and thresholds.

Share some ranking titles or schema's you would like to see.
Mucky Tundra  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 3:21:26 PM(UTC)
Not to sound too sarcastic or anything but I do find it slightly hilarious you're complaining about forum ranks being boring when you have "Legend" as yours. Flapper Lets Box!

I dunno, what about a system of ranks after all time Packer greats? Start off with I dunno, Driver or Kramer and work your way up to the retired numbered guys like Hutson, Starr and Canadeo with guys like Nitschke, Sharpe and Coffman in the middle?
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 3:32:09 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post
Not to sound too sarcastic or anything but I do find it slightly hilarious you're complaining about forum ranks being boring when you have "Legend" as yours. Flapper Lets Box!

I dunno, what about a system of ranks after all time Packer greats? Start off with I dunno, Driver or Kramer and work your way up to the retired numbered guys like Hutson, Starr and Canadeo with guys like Nitschke, Sharpe and Coffman in the middle?

When that rank was set, it wasn't expected to be reached for a long time. What can i say, I post a lot lol and i dont like the rank.

Mucky Tundra  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 3:36:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
When that rank was set, it wasn't expected to be reached for a long time. What can i say, I post a lot lol and i dont like the rank.

I thought that was just a custom rank you gave yourself as an admin perk lol. You must post a lot because not even some of the posters who have been here from the beginning have that rank.

Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 3:45:41 PM(UTC)
I thought that was just a custom rank you gave yourself as an admin perk lol. You must post a lot because not even some of the posters who have been here from the beginning have that rank.

Nope, no custom title ranks.
musccy  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 3:50:37 PM(UTC)

I like this idea so long as I don't end up being Anthony Dilweg or Terrell Buckley.
Mucky Tundra  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 3:51:59 PM(UTC)
musccy said: Go to Quoted Post
I like this idea so long as I don't end up being Anthony Dilweg or Terrell Buckley.

I thought at first of just using normal Packer players before getting to the greats and beginning with draft busts like Carroll and Mandarich
GermanGilbert  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 4:53:35 PM(UTC)
I thought at first of just using normal Packer players before getting to the greats and beginning with draft busts like Carroll and Mandarich

The problem with that is that once a poster gets to the Gilbert Brown rank, he'll immediately stop posting. At least I would. [-(

wpr  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 5:55:36 PM(UTC)
Using Packer greats is a good idea. Don't start with busts though. The new people would get them and some will be offended.

A question to ask is how many do you want to use? 10-20-30? The more you use the closer some ranks will need to be. After all other than Zero what good would it be to have 10 ranks greater than 100,000 posts?
DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 6:59:30 PM(UTC)
I prefer being the Sensai of the Dojo of Coolness. All that other stuff is for you geeky little boys.
User is suspended until 4/29/2043 11:56:55 PM(UTC) texaspackerbacker  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 10:34:20 PM(UTC)
It's based on number of posts, right? No slick words are needed. Just put the total number of posts somebody has.
Rockmolder  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 7:43:28 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker said: Go to Quoted Post
It's based on number of posts, right? No slick words are needed. Just put the total number of posts somebody has.

You're just miffed because you're a rookie. Razz
Wade  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 9:30:27 AM(UTC)
I still want "Forum Pedant"
dfosterf  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:33:34 PM(UTC)
I want to be HNIC (It's a Marine Corps "Industry term" )
DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 6:06:47 AM(UTC)
dfosterf said: Go to Quoted Post
I want to be HNIC (It's a Marine Corps "Industry term" )

You know damn well it's a racist acronym, and I know damn well that you don't give a fuck. [ass]
Rss Feed