DoddPower
9 years ago

Maybe not... Thompson is willing to over pay good current Packers players and Bulaga is that (when healthy)... so unless another team comes out with a very surprising deal (like the Colts did for Walden) then the Packers should be able to offer him a little bit more and get him back. Plus who knows, he might not ever have another injury, you never know, he played pretty well this year.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Hopefully so. Losing Bulaga would not make the Packers better, imo. Unless Ted somehow found another gem in the draft. But that's asking a lot of a rookie. I doubt Ted would bring in a free agent tackle, and Barclay and Tretter are likely best suited for backup roles. Good backups, but backups none-the-less.
beast
9 years ago

Hopefully so. Losing Bulaga would not make the Packers better, imo. Unless Ted somehow found another gem in the draft. But that's asking a lot of a rookie. I doubt Ted would bring in a free agent tackle, and Barclay and Tretter are likely best suited for backup roles. Good backups, but backups none-the-less.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Yeah I just don't see how they don't go into next year's training camp with out at least one vet OT weather it be Bulaga or someone else and normally to resigns Packers more than outsiders So it will probably be Bulaga.

I don't know this, but I like to think Barclay could be a good starting OG after he looked good in run blocking at starting RT the other year. Of course DT are harder to move, bUT he shouldn't have to worry about pass rushing in space as much at OG. Of course he's not beating out a healthy Lang or Sitton yet, but might be able to come in for them with out too much drop off (at least that's what I'mean guessing)

Tretter is a back-up but he seemed to move better than I thought he would in garbage time but against some starters still.

UserPostedImage
blueleopard
9 years ago

Tramon might be willing to restructure.

Hawk could be out.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Let them both walk.

I love Tramon as much as the next guy, but he simply hasn't made the splash plays he did his first few years as a starter. The man was dynamic taking over for Al Harris and he was virtually a lockdown during the Super Bowl year. Those years are long gone.

Sam Shields is our man for the foreseeable future, and Casey Hayward needs to be given a better shot at winning a starting job. Micah Hyde can also work himself into Woodson's old role in the slot to promote Richardson or a future draft pick. Davon House is also somebody to invest in.

I love Hawk's durability, leadership, and consistency, but if he's gonna ask for much it's time to let him go too. Both Barrington and Lattimore are solid in the middle, and it's also about time we spend a high draft pick on the interior.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Cheesey
9 years ago
YES to Bulaga.
UserPostedImage
9 years ago
I would hate to break up the best o-line since what 04? These guys are young.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
9 years ago
I would let Bulaga walk and re-sign Cobb, Williams & House. Raji I'd give him a one year low deal again to see what he can bring if he comes back better then will see about a longer contract next year if not just let him walk.

Bulaga has been injured quite often and his replaceable. The coaches seem to be doing a good job with young lineman.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
beast
9 years ago

Bulaga has been injured quite often and his replaceable. The coaches seem to be doing a good job with young lineman.

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

I just don't get how the best OT on a clearly pass first team is replaceable...

They need guys to protect Rodgers, give him time, and give Lacy space... we had BOTH Clifton and Tausher... they didn't go around trying to replace either of them... if you got a very good linemen, you keep that very good linemen unless they're demanding too much money or causing problems.

We got a lot of OGs on their team, but passing teams (like the Packers are), need pretty good OTs... and the best one we got in the post Clifton/Tausher era, some want to replace... it kind of blows my mind. You need good linemen at important positions to win in the NFL, and OT is about as important as their is on a team that's mainly leaded by their QB and defense does best when they're forcing the other team to pass to play catch-up (usually anyways).

*note* my mind isn't blow by shield4life post, but some of the comments I've heard in person about how easily it'd to just replace Bulaga like he was a street free agent, as another guy (Barclay or Tretter for example) can came on and do just as well as him just like that... Barclay might end up being a very good OG, but is pass blocking is far off from being a very good OT. And I really haven't seen enough of Tretter to make a good judgment, but I remember post draft a lot of people talked about him being moved inside and they moved him inside rather quick, though now looks like they have him working the outsides in the little I've seen him, but that doesn't mean he do as well as Bak, much less Bulaga.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago
Corey Linsley playing as well as he has will have a ripple effect on the future of the offensive line and make guys like Tretter and Barclay free agents other teams come and take from us. Bulaga is a solid player with an injury history, but is very important to resign. We need to keep getting lucky with guys like Bacteria because we won't be drafting in the tip 15 for quite a while with Rodgers at quarterback.

Tramon Williams should stay a Packer IF he is willing to sign a reasonable contract. We have plenty of options behind him so if the cap situation gets tight, I can see us letting Tramon walk.

Cobb is in a very good negotiating position, better than any of these other players. We definitely have had a lot of success developing wide receivers, but Randall's combination of athletic skill and intelligence separate him as being a must sign - I hope Ted doesn't out-think himself on this contract negotiation.

House has earned himself a decent contract. You can't have enough physical corners.
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

I would let Bulaga walk and re-sign Cobb, Williams & House. Raji I'd give him a one year low deal again to see what he can bring if he comes back better then will see about a longer contract next year if not just let him walk.

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

I'd rather keep Bulaga than Raji if the choice had to be made. We finally have a decent, not great O line and I don't see how you are willing to mess with that. With more time together they should continue to improve. They amy never reach the level of Dallas butthey are servicable until we shore up other positions. Certainly I see Linsley and Bahktiari getting better and with Barclay and Tretter as primary backups it looks like a solid unit.

I think its very short sighted to look at the success/good fortune we have had with Bahktiari and Linsley and just assume we can find a suitable replacement for Bulaga. We have been saying that about our WRs for the last how many years and the quality of that group from top to bottom has declined over the years. Hopefully that decline has stopped with Nelson, Cobb and Adams and a decent TE could start to bring that unit up again. I see a similar situation with the O line.

You can't replace every position of need on your team every year and I think OT is one of those positions where we don't really need to focus. Obviously you draft an O lineman or two every year just in case. You will eventually need a replacement and you can never have too much quality depth but the way ours is now I don't think we need to focus on replacing a starter this year and if we do I don't think you can count on another 4th (or later) rounder stepping up like Bahktiari and Linsley have. I also don't think Bulaga will get huge offers given his injury history.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (12h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (12h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (13h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.