PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

The sneak was called by Aaron, near the end of the game to seal chances of getting a 2 week break for his calf and the team. These situations are early in the game against one of the best defenses in history. Different circumstances.

If Kuhn's elbow touches 3 inches later, there isn't a PEEP about this. Just because it didn't work doesn't make it dumb. We have the benefit of hours to second guess a play. Mike has seconds.

You said it yourself, they were trying to gain a FOOT. No need for cute, just cram it down their throats. It didn't work. That's execution.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I have no problem with lining up heavy and trying to ram it in once. Its lining up and trying the same thing basically twice. It also goes back to not only this season but season past with McCarthy. This team has been terrible in short yardage running plays under McCarthy. Do something different. If you are going to leave the big boys in, put one of them in motion to have some momentum to be the lead blocker.

He does all kinds of things in the passing game, but he is severely lacking in the run game.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
packerfanoutwest
9 years ago
Ok you are 4th and goal on the 6 inch line, and yet the HC kicks a FG? I don't get it. One would think by now, after all the 3rd and 1 blunders through out the season, that Mike McCarthy would have a special back field line up. Like having Daniels or another big lineman leading the way. If they go for it and don't make it, Wilson is probably starting the drive standing in the end zone. It's MM's mo for not going for the jugular.
musccy
9 years ago
On two consecutive plays the Packers tried to gain 6 inches and couldn't. We had additional OL in there, who practice blocking. Daniels doesn't.

Going into the onside kick, those FGs were enough to win the game.
packman82
9 years ago
MM put it on cruise control in the 2nd half and played not to lose.
blank
Dulak
9 years ago

MM put it on cruise control in the 2nd half and played not to lose.

Originally Posted by: packman82 

This about sums it up IMO ... the coach is supposed to relay this to the players. So the whole; burnett sitting on the ball and the team not completely going for it. Its the coach to get the players going; and not playing scared. NM the conservative play callings that we love to see when we are up.

I was busy celebrating after the 1st 1/2 with my wife thinking it was in the bag - came back to watch the breakdown. No way did I think they could do that many mess ups.

2 point conversion, bostick, burnett, conservative play calling and like someone said about the patriots (which they always do) - thats how you finish games. How many times have we been up to let off the break to; lose the game or have to try really hard to just get ahead again.

that game made me think of a movie I watched recently - about the most winninest coach in football history. Im pretty sure he didnt teach mediocrity and to just try to skate by mentality to his players.

Besides all that the biggest F-up for this game is that my wife changed my kids clothes to his PJ's. From a packers tee to a blue/turquise pjs (which are more like seattles colors). Threw a packers bib on near the end of the game but that wasnt enough. Forget Mike McCarthy and bostick - it was taking off my kids packers T.
nerdmann
9 years ago

This about sums it up IMO ... the coach is supposed to relay this to the players. So the whole; burnett sitting on the ball and the team not completely going for it. Its the coach to get the players going; and not playing scared. NM the conservative play callings that we love to see when we are up.

I was busy celebrating after the 1st 1/2 with my wife thinking it was in the bag - came back to watch the breakdown. No way did I think they could do that many mess ups.

2 point conversion, bostick, burnett, conservative play calling and like someone said about the patriots (which they always do) - thats how you finish games. How many times have we been up to let off the break to; lose the game or have to try really hard to just get ahead again.

that game made me think of a movie I watched recently - about the most winninest coach in football history. Im pretty sure he didnt teach mediocrity and to just try to skate by mentality to his players.

Besides all that the biggest F-up for this game is that my wife changed my kids clothes to his PJ's. From a packers tee to a blue/turquise pjs (which are more like seattles colors). Threw a packers bib on near the end of the game but that wasnt enough. Forget Mike McCarthy and bostick - it was taking off my kids packers T.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Taking a dive is worse than just being conservative.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
9 years ago

Best defense since possibly the 85 bears. Couldn't get 1 yard two consecutive plays, so let's risk sure points?

Bostic catches a ball that hits him in the face and we likely don't have this to discuss...but let's continue to overlook player accountability

Originally Posted by: musccy 

This is a team (Seattle) that shouldn't take 4 TDs to win against. Quite often 22 points would be enough. Honestly at 16-0 I felt pretty good because I didn't really think A) we wouldn't score any more 😎 they would be able to score enough to beat us (see A)

Against a team like this you take any points when you can get them.
sschind
9 years ago

Taking a dive is worse than just being conservative.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Now you are accusing him of throwing the game? You watch too much of your buddy Alex Jones or whatever the hell his name is the conspiracy theory guy.
polargrizz
9 years ago

Our HC is gutless..........how many times has he went for the fg when he was inside the 5 yd line?

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

As a cowboy coming late to this rodeo, I would have to disagree. Coach Mac doesn't have to prove anything to anybody.

If you re-watch what transpired during the final few minutes of yesterday's game it was just one of those moments where everything falls into place against an entity where the eventual outcome is inevitable. Call it karma, call it kismet, fate, or momentum.

Green Bay is solid, they'll be back.

And McCarthy is a good coach[rockon]
sorry no billboards
packerfanoutwest
9 years ago
How does a HC get held accountable? Take away his playcalling duties?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/afc-nfc-championship-patriots-colts-seahawks-packers/