Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Yesterday, around 11:30am I walked into the girls bedroom and asked if they wanted to come to the store to pick up a few things quick. They stayed back. On my way back home I kept thinking of how special the city of Green Bay is when the Packers win the Super Bowl. If you have not experienced it first hand, nothing I can say could quantify it accurately. When the Packers won it all in '96 I remember going to a gas station and reading a sign saying things like "closed, still celebrating, go pack go" and things of that nature. I wanted so bad for my girls to have that experience, so bad that I could feel emotion taking over. I got home and they came out and watched the game on the couch with me. Okay, they didn't really watch because they are book worms and had to read, but they were out there with their daddy.

I was sure the Packers would not win this game until the Morgan Burnett interception, then I started to believe that maybe, just maybe my girls could experience one of the most amazing experiences any sports fan, no, any person could experience and witness. A Packers Super Bowl victory in Green Bay, WI.

Unfortunately, that will not happen this season and although how the Packers lost stings, what hurts me more is my girls won't be getting that unique experience this season.

Turning the page ...

I woke up this morning in a good mood, which is quite normal for me and started thinking about the upcoming season. Super Bowl 50 in Santa Clara, CA. I am getting that same feeling I had the day after the '09 Cardinals loss. The feeling that the Packers will come back and finish the journey they came 65 minutes short from doing this season. I suppose there are some similarities in that it was a great game for football fans and an exciting (albeit painful) over time loss.

Final thing. The Packers have had their season end against the team they started the season against. That being said, I sure as hell hope Week 1 of 2015 is against an AFC team and the Packers obliterate them!

We. Will. Be. Back!
UserPostedImage
shield4life
9 years ago
I so had the similar feeling. This loss really hurt this team mentally but you know what they say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
dyeah_gb
9 years ago
I am on the other end of the spectrum. I kept waking up last night with the game playing over in my head and kicking myself emotionally in the nuts over and over again. I think I will need another 2-3 days to get over this loss.

This loss was a collapse of historic proportions and I hope that it does not linger so we can be optimistic about our future.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
nerdmann
9 years ago

I am on the other end of the spectrum. I kept waking up last night with the game playing over in my head and kicking myself emotionally in the nuts over and over again. I think I will need another 2-3 days to get over this loss.

This loss was a collapse of historic proportions and I hope that it does not longer so we can be optimistic about our future.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

In '09, we were robbed.

We did this one to ourselves.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
9 years ago

Yesterday, around 11:30am I walked into the girls bedroom and asked if they wanted to come to the store to pick up a few things quick. They stayed back. On my way back home I kept thinking of how special the city of Green Bay is when the Packers win the Super Bowl. If you have not experienced it first hand, nothing I can say could quantify it accurately. When the Packers won it all in '96 I remember going to a gas station and reading a sign saying things like "closed, still celebrating, go pack go" and things of that nature. I wanted so bad for my girls to have that experience, so bad that I could feel emotion taking over. I got home and they came out and watched the game on the couch with me. Okay, they didn't really watch because they are book worms and had to read, but they were out there with their daddy.

I was sure the Packers would not win this game until the Morgan Burnett interception, then I started to believe that maybe, just maybe my girls could experience one of the most amazing experiences any sports fan, no, any person could experience and witness. A Packers Super Bowl victory in Green Bay, WI.

Unfortunately, that will not happen this season and although how the Packers lost stings, what hurts me more is my girls won't be getting that unique experience this season.

Turning the page ...

I woke up this morning in a good mood, which is quite normal for me and started thinking about the upcoming season. Super Bowl 50 in Santa Clara, CA. I am getting that same feeling I had the day after the '09 Cardinals loss. The feeling that the Packers will come back and finish the journey they came 65 minutes short from doing this season. I suppose there are some similarities in that it was a great game for football fans and an exciting (albeit painful) over time loss.

Final thing. The Packers have had their season end against the team they started the season against. That being said, I sure as hell hope Week 1 of 2015 is against an AFC team and the Packers obliterate them!

We. Will. Be. Back!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Except for the whole "Father" part I agree. Funny thing is I wasn't even thinking about the loss last night. I was over that and accepted it with 15 minutes or so. What I kept coming back to was the idiotic comments flying around. Its all proof that Packers fans as a whole are not any different than any other fans in the league. Coulda shoulda woulda, blame this guy blame that guy, no credit to the other team, they didn't win we lost yadda frickin' yadda.

Some of you are embarrassed as Packers fans because of the way the team played. I'm just glad that the vast majority of people who read these fan forums are Packer fans because if anything could make me be embarrassed to be a Packer fan its the shit that goes on on sites like this after a game like that.

I'm not upset over this loss. I'm not disgusted. I'm not devastated. If I had to sum up my feelings in one word it would be disappointed, and not just disappointed because we lost. For 55 minutes we showed everyone in the world that not only could we play with the Seattle Seahawks but we could beat them. The disappointing part is that now all those people who felt we couldn't play with or beat the Seahawks will feel they were right. The disappointing part is that Packers fans will feel they were right as well. No one is remembering that we played them tough and we beat them for 55 minutes because all that matters in the end is who scored the most points. I used to be one of those fans but age and other things have softened me somewhat and I am so glad it did. I'll be able to go up to the few Seahawks fans I know and say great game. You held in there and pulled it out when it mattered. I'll be able to face the many Bears fans I know with a smile and say yeah, we lost but at least we played and for the most part we played pretty damned well. We played well enough to win, we just didn't. I don't care what anyone else says thinks that does matter to me. There is not a single fan of any of the other 14 NFC teams who would not want to be in our shoes right now and if they say they wouldn't they are lying.

I'm disappointed and a little sad that all Packers fans can not sit back and enjoy what has happened over the last how many months. I feel sorry for those with the "if we aren't super bowl champions we are nothing but losers" mentality. I feel sorry for all those who feel that this season was, in the end, nothing but one huge failure. I'm not one of those people who feels that everyone who plays deserves a trophy but I am one of those people who feels there is more to this game than winning it all. If you can honestly say that none of the Packers victories this season gave you any joy or happiness then fine, go ahead and cry over this one that got away. But if you felt happy about any of our victories this season. If you enjoyed beating the Bears and the vikings twice, if you felt a sense of pride when we beat the Patriots, if you cheered when we beat a tough Dallas team to move on then you are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites when you say none of that matters now.

Everyone is free to act and react as they see fit as a fan and that will never change. There is no right or wrong way. I'm just glad I don't have to carry any of this around with me for the next 364 days or so to see if I can be happy as a Packer fan again. I won't have any problem looking back on this season and seeing the good things that happened. As far as the bad things I will look at them as areas to focus on getting better not as reasons why we suck. Lastly I am certainly not going to let myself get worked up over a game that I have no control over.
all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

In '09, we were robbed.

We did this one to ourselves.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You could argue we were robbed on the no-call for Bennet offsides on the first INT by Sherman in the endzone (see PFT for pics showing Bennett jumped into the neutral, and Linsley snapped the ball when Bennett jumped). Those 3 points - at worst - would've gotten us the win with Crosby's FG at the end.

I'm not going to lie: I'm still devastated. Woke up twice last night thinking I just had a bad dream... no way we could've lost after coming that close. But Z2C is right on. The things that gives me hope: we should return vastly the same core -- with improvements at ILB. We've finally solved our problem at S, and it seems our DL grew as the season went on. After yesterday, we should continue to grow as a team and only get stronger from here. That's mighty encouraging considering we were the best team in the NFC based on the game performance (obviously not the final score, though).

Secondly, for all of MM's faults, the guy is critical of himself and finds way to takeaway things from adversity that benefit in the future. I do not doubt he'll take something away from this (I hope it at least includes not being so conservative to end the game) that will pay dividends in the long run.

The arrow is pointing up. The loss is tough to deal with, but the arrow is definitely pointing up.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.