RaiderPride
9 years ago
Reading the horror and life altering carnage some Packer fans have endured the last three days is interesting, indeed.

It is very much like listening to the bitching and complaining at a Microsoft shareholder meeting.

Packer Championship chickens have already hatched.

Meanwhile.. Millions of other team's football fans have been counting their chickens before they hatched year in and year out. However, none were born. Not one single chick.

Be Thankful.

Teams with no Super Bowl appearances

Four current teams have never reached the Super Bowl. Two of them held NFL league championships prior to Super Bowl I in the 1966 NFL season:
Detroit Lions, NFL champions four times in 1935, 1952, 1953, and 1957; appeared in one other NFL Championship Game in 1954; and appeared in one NFC Championship Game in 1991[65]
Cleveland Browns, NFL champions four times in 1950, 1954, 1955, and 1964; appeared in six other NFL championship games in 1951, 1952, 1953, 1957, 1968, and 1969; and appeared in three AFC Championship Games in 1986, 1987, and 1989[66] (The Browns are officially viewed as one continuous franchise that began in 1946 as a member of the All-America Football Conference, joined the NFL in 1950, suspended operations from 1996–1998, and resumed play in 1999.[67] The Baltimore Ravens were an expansion team created in 1996 with former Browns players.)[68]
Jacksonville Jaguars, 1995 expansion team; appeared in two AFC Championship Games in 1996 and 1999[69]
Houston Texans, 2002 expansion team; two Divisional Round appearances in 2011 and 2012.

In addition, Detroit, Houston and Jacksonville have hosted Super Bowls; this means Cleveland is the only current NFL city that has neither hosted, nor had their team play in, a Super Bowl.

Teams with Super Bowl appearances but no victories

Nine teams have appeared in the Super Bowl without ever winning. In descending order of number of appearances, they are:
Buffalo Bills (4), appeared in Super Bowls XXV, XXVI, XXVII, and XXVIII. Their second and last AFL championship was in 1965, the season prior to the first Super Bowl.
Minnesota Vikings (4), appeared in Super Bowls IV, VIII, IX, and XI. They were NFL champions in 1969, the last year before the AFL-NFL merger.
Cincinnati Bengals (2), appeared in Super Bowls XVI and XXIII. An AFL expansion team in 1968, they have no pre-Super Bowl league championships.
Philadelphia Eagles (2), appeared in Super Bowls XV and XXXIX. Their last championship was in 1960.
Arizona Cardinals (1), appeared in Super Bowl XLIII. Their last championship was in 1947 as the Chicago Cardinals.
Atlanta Falcons (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXXIII. An expansion team in 1966, they have no pre-Super Bowl league championships.
Carolina Panthers (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXXVIII. A post-merger expansion team, their first season was in 1995.
San Diego Chargers (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXIX. Their only AFL championship was in 1963.
Tennessee Titans (1), appeared in Super Bowl XXXIV. Their second and last AFL championship was in 1961 as the Houston Oilers.

Teams with long Super Bowl droughts

The following eight teams have appeared in the Super Bowl, but not since 1995, meaning their droughts are longer than Jacksonville's and Houston's.

Two of these teams have not appeared in the Super Bowl since the AFL–NFL merger in 1970:[70]
New York Jets (most recently appeared in Super Bowl III in 1968)
Kansas City Chiefs (Super Bowl IV in 1969)

The most recent Super Bowl appearance for the following teams was after the AFL–NFL merger, but prior to the 1995 regular season:
Minnesota Vikings (Super Bowl XI in 1976)
Miami Dolphins (Super Bowl XIX in 1984)
Cincinnati Bengals (Super Bowl XXIII in 1988)
Washington Redskins (Super Bowl XXVI in 1991)
Buffalo Bills (Super Bowl XXVIII in 1993)
San Diego Chargers (Super Bowl XXIX in 1994)

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
blueleopard
9 years ago
So we should feel better based on other people's lack of success?

Who gives a fuck about them. They ain't Titletown, USA.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
I've been saying something like this for a couple of decades - WINNING FOOTBALL! There's 32 teams in the league now, so it stands to reason Super Bowls aren't gonna come around quite as often. WINNING FOOTBALL all season virtually every season, THAT'S what it's all about - the Super Bowl is just the frosting on the cake - and if you don't always get your cake frosted, oh well ....... MANY don't even have the cake. Some of us remember that disgusting time frame between Lombardi and Holmgren - what was it? a quarter century of crap?

Add to that Badger football which has been almost as consistently winning, and we are really BLESSED!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
9 years ago

So we should feel better based on other people's lack of success?

Who gives a fuck about them. They ain't Titletown, USA.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

Fuck those other teams.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Rockmolder
9 years ago
I get your drift and, after that first few days, I don't feel as bad as I did when we just lost.... But all that you said in your post, is also the biggest reason you can't squander away an opportunity like we had.

SBs don't come around very often for most teams. Let alone winning the SB.

The Raiders played in a Super Bowl just a little more than 10 years ago, and see where your other team is right now.

That's not to say that we're going to take a big nosedive. At least, I can't image we are. Point is, though, that when you pretty much get a Super Bowl ticket handed to you in the first 55 minutes of a game and squander it away in the last five, it's nothing more than normal that it stings quite a bit and some venting is needed.
Cheesey
9 years ago
Yesterday on the radio they posed the question "which collapse do you feel was worse, the Packers in the NFC title game, or last years Milwaukee Brewers?"
I think that question was easy for me to answer.
I don't expect much from the Brewers, as they have never won a world championship.
I expect more from the Packers, as they are supposed to be "Titletown".
Teams that haven't been to a super bowl, you arn't as disappointed or surprised if they fold.
And to play such a solid game, and then completely self destruct, for me at least, is more dissapoint ing then if they had been outplayed.
They really handed a trip to the super bowl to the Seahawks.
That is what hurts the most. They might never get that far again in my lifetime.
A wasted opportunity at a shot at a 14th world title.
Life goes on, though.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
9 years ago
i told everyone at work that I am thinking of becoming a Steeler fan because they are never hyped to win the Super Bowl so when they lose in the playoffs its expected. I am so tired of hearing how great this team will be and then have a major letdown in the playoffs. I will say this i am on the wagon of choking by Rodgers. I mean seriously we have a thread about Manning choking so what is the difference between him and Rodgers.

I almost stooped down to say I would become a Browns fans but they are so messed up as a team they can't even win the #1 draft pick lol.

We will be hyped to win it again next year and we will once again lose in the playoffs and claim we were the better team but are going to be sitting at home watching the dance.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
9 years ago

I almost stooped down to say I would become a Browns fans but they are so messed up as a team they can't even win the #1 draft pick lol.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Well stated.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (9h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (9h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (11h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (12h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (15h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (16h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (21h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.