musccy
9 years ago

I have feelings this is the beginning of the end for Mike.
Ted starts taking away his responsibilities.
Rumored riffs with Aaron on play calling.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

There are some minor snippets we get from Aaron which are starting to wear on me, though I admit it takes a lot of reading into some smaller things.

I commented on the weight issue in another thread, and this play calling issue post nfcg annoys me too. We don't know how the dynamic works or just how much control Aaron has, but clearly he has some at the line, so complaints about play calling come off as at least a little hypocritical to me.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Don Shula, never won a SB with one of the best QBs ever. Winning is tough and nobody wants to acknowledge that. The Packers have been one of the most consistent franchises since Ted and Mike have been here which many seem to overlook.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

One of the most frustration points that I witness every GameDay in the Chat. If the Packers have to punt, then they are in a lull. If the Packers kick a field goal, the coach is giving up. If the Packers go for it on 4th down, it is because coach doesn't trust kicker. If the other team scores, the Packers shit themselves. It is the same drivel over and over and over again.

Fans should always want their team to go 19 - 0, or at least win the Super Bowl. That's a given. Failing to appreciate your team went 9 - 0 at home and split on the road to finish 13 - 5 is cheating yourself as a fan.

How many teams out there haven't won 13 games in two or even three seasons? Yet, here we are as Packers having a 2nd superb quarterback to helm our team and some of us are looking for anything and everything to complain about. As if a Super Bowl trophy is OWED to us.

And you know the real pisser here? Even when the Packers won it in 2010, these same fans whined that the Packers should have won by MORE points. That they should have won MORE games during the regular season. That the defense should have been better earlier in the season.

If we're not careful, we're gonna be lumped together with those "arrogant Patriots" fans sooner than later.
UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago
Agreed zero. I understand you don't want to settle for less, and the line between perspective and complacency is very thin.

With that said, what did we want to improve this year? Defense - great, no, improved, yes. Run game the same. TE play throughout the year, too. Health- we dont know if it was dumb luck or due to Mike's changes but 2014 was clearly the healthiest year in some time.

No doubt the Packers took a big maddening dump on the field the last 5 minutes in Seattle, but it's worth recognizing a lot of the good that happened to that point which many other franchises and fans would envy.
nerdmann
9 years ago

That makes absolutely no sense.

Seahawks were defending world champions, were the favorite to win it all again, and were playing st home where they have been almost unbeatable the lat 3 years.

Yet you say The Packers played down to their competition.

Explain. Wait never mind.
Won't make sense anyway.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Yeah, most people aren't smart as I am. I knew the Seahawks were overrated.

They were pretty good for awhile. Not so much anymore, as we subsequently found out. The Packers exposed them for who they were, then let them off the hook.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
9 years ago

One of the most frustration points that I witness every GameDay in the Chat. If the Packers have to punt, then they are in a lull. If the Packers kick a field goal, the coach is giving up. If the Packers go for it on 4th down, it is because coach doesn't trust kicker. If the other team scores, the Packers shit themselves. It is the same drivel over and over and over again.

Fans should always want their team to go 19 - 0, or at least win the Super Bowl. That's a given. Failing to appreciate your team went 9 - 0 at home and split on the road to finish 13 - 5 is cheating yourself as a fan.

How many teams out there haven't won 13 games in two or even three seasons? Yet, here we are as Packers having a 2nd superb quarterback to helm our team and some of us are looking for anything and everything to complain about. As if a Super Bowl trophy is OWED to us.

And you know the real pisser here? Even when the Packers won it in 2010, these same fans whined that the Packers should have won by MORE points. That they should have won MORE games during the regular season. That the defense should have been better earlier in the season.

If we're not careful, we're gonna be lumped together with those "arrogant Patriots" fans sooner than later.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I've stated it before. If this team had inferior talent, but got the most out of it, I would give them props for that. Maybe I'd criticize the GM.

But that's not how it is.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
9 years ago

I've stated it before. If this team had inferior talent, but got the most out of it, I would give them props for that. Maybe I'd criticize the GM.

But that's not how it is.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What or how do you define "inferior" and "superior" talent.

Aside from some sports whose outcome is determined by objective measurables (track, weightlifting, swimming) comparing talent can be very subjective. You're claiming the Packers have superior talent but based on what? Stats? Combine numbers? Draft position? The eye ball test? I'm not trying to pick on you, I just don't know how you arrive at a pretty definitive conclusion that the Packers clearly are under utilizing their vastly superior talent.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

You're claiming the Packers have superior talent but based on what? Stats? Combine numbers? Draft position? The eye ball test? I'm not trying to pick on you, I just don't know how you arrive at a pretty definitive conclusion that the Packers clearly are under utilizing their vastly superior talent.

Yeah, most people aren't smart as I am.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

Aside from some sports whose outcome is determined by objective measurables (track, weightlifting, swimming) comparing talent can be very subjective. You're claiming the Packers have superior talent but based on what? Stats? Combine numbers? Draft position? The eye ball test? I'm not trying to pick on you, I just don't know how you arrive at a pretty definitive conclusion that the Packers clearly are under utilizing their vastly superior talent.

Across the board, I think it would be hard to say this team has inferior talent. Sure there are positions where that could be said. I also don't believe the team plays down to their opponents, we mostly beat the teams we should have beaten. When I go into the season, I have an expectation on which games we should win, which games we should lose and which are tossups. And for the most part the team has beaten the teams I expected to beat, and lost to those I expected to lose, and of the toss ups, have been over 500. This year I was wrong on expecting a win at buffalo. And we won 2 of the three I had as toss ups (NE and CHI away).

I don't expect the play calling change to result in us losing to the teams we should beat. Mostly those we have a good game plan going in, and don't have to make huge in game changes. But I do think it gives is a chance to win more of the toss up games and win more against teams I figured to be losses. I still expect with Mike to have good game plans heading in. Where I can see improvement is better ability for adjustments during the game not just at the 1/2. And more overall awareness from Mike of things outside of the offense. I still think if Mike had not been calling plays at the end of the game, he would have noticed or paid more attention to why Clay wasn't on the field. And if it was a matter of rest, he would have used the timeouts we had to give him some time and get him on the field as the game was coming to the end of regulation.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
9 years ago

Go back and Watch the NFCCG against Seattle.

Do you think the Seahawks were the better team?

Did the Packers even belong on the same field with them? Do you attribute the outcome to a superior performance by the winners, or Minnesota-style self-shitting by the team that lost?
nerdmann
9 years ago

Across the board, I think it would be hard to say this team has inferior talent. Sure there are positions where that could be said. I also don't believe the team plays down to their opponents, we mostly beat the teams we should have beaten. When I go into the season, I have an expectation on which games we should win, which games we should lose and which are tossups. And for the most part the team has beaten the teams I expected to beat, and lost to those I expected to lose, and of the toss ups, have been over 500. This year I was wrong on expecting a win at buffalo. And we won 2 of the three I had as toss ups (NE and CHI away).

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Generally, we do beat teams we're supposed to beat.

But that doesn't mean we don't shit ourselves in the process. The problem is that, since we won anyway, everyone excuses the self shitting, allowing it to continue.

By allowing it to continue, we decrease our margin for error, and we get what happened in the playoffs this year.

Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (3h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (6h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (7h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (10h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (11h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (16h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Random Babble / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.