steveishere
9 years ago

So what you are saying is that it is OK for one to be subjective but not OK for one to be subjectively subjective.::d

Originally Posted by: sschind 

lol I'm just saying be fair. If you want to compare 2 players don't say one guy is bad because of whatever reason and make it a big deal then ignore it if the guy you like more is also bad at that.
DoddPower
9 years ago

We would all like players better than the ones we have starting (if possible) and I agree, you should always be looking to upgrade but upgrading is not always possible. There are lots of reasons why teams may have to settle for B grade players at certain positions for a year or two and it may not be because they are content with good. It may simply be they have other needs they deem more pressing. It may be there are no B+, A- or A level players available at a price they feel they can manage or it may be that they think the player you have graded as a B level player is really a B+, A- or A level player.

I'm not saying this to belittle your remarks as I do think you were simply stating the obvious. I just don't think Ted is content with being good as some of you seem to think. He just has a different opinion as to what what makes us better.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Exactly. The "never being content" is good rhetoric and all, but there's only so much that can be done. I'm confident that Ted Thompson is always looking to improve his roster, but it's never going to be a roster full of superstars. I hope he continues to improve the team, but if he doesn't, it's not because he didn't try.
steveishere
9 years ago
If Ted was really serious about improving this team he would have signed Suh and Revis and traded for Jimmy Graham and Kiko Alonso. Those 4 simple moves would have improved all of the areas.
luigis
9 years ago

lol I'm just saying be fair. If you want to compare 2 players don't say one guy is bad because of whatever reason and make it a big deal then ignore it if the guy you like more is also bad at that.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I compare in the way I see it, you have a different view and that's fine.
If you ask me about the moves I really don't mind losing Tramon because he was getting old and I'm not sure he can be back to his best level.
I do mind losing House because when not injured he was playing quite well and he could improve even more.

Burnett, HaHa, Shields, Hayward and Hyde will need to play a key role this season. Let's hope for the best!

Luis
warhawk
9 years ago
The other factors that count is money and risk.

Tramon was looking for and got that one last contract that I give him all the credit for pursuing given where he is at in his career. Does that mean the Packers should have paid him like that.? No. Stuck with a multiple year deal on top of it? Hell no. They guy is 32. You can say "he played good for us" and that is true but it's far more likely the quality he can offer moving forward is pointed in the wrong direction.
There enters the risk factor.

It's a young man's game. These kids coming in are big and fast and Tramon is getting older and slower. So it's not what he has done for us that matters. It's what will he do for them now. I guess what I am saying is you have to consider the question will he improve on last years numbers or will they get worse? Beyond that there are ramifications regarding a multiple year contract to consider.
For the record I think the ideal thing would have been that he had one more year remaining on his contract. Not for him but for the Packers. Unfortunately. considering the deal he got it was good for him but not for us and I doubt works out all that great for the Browns.

"The train is leaving the station."
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

If Ted was really serious about improving this team he would have signed Suh and Revis and traded for Jimmy Graham and Kiko Alonso. Those 4 simple moves would have improved all of the areas.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

:cheers:
Why didn't Ted think of that?

nyrpack
9 years ago
confident Ted Thompson will address it in the draft and maybe a small move via free agency !!
jimmy b.
luigis
9 years ago

confident Ted Thompson will address it in the draft and maybe a small move via free agency !!

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

Free agency don't dream... but I'm hoping Ted has some good CBs marked for rounds 2/3 of the draft, then his moves would make sense.
Luis
Smokey
9 years ago
2015 will be be a nightmare if Ted Thompson does not address the ILB, CB, and NT positions on Defence.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I hate nightmares.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (5h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (20h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (20h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (21h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (21h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.