uffda udfa
9 years ago

On THIS planet there isn't a single team that wins the Superbowl every year.

Patriots, Seahawks, Packers have approximately the same odds of winning it this coming year. 10-20% is the best chance any team has to do it. That means there is an 80-90% chance they WON'T win the superbowl.

So anyone can troll any fan forum with [fill in the (____) as applicable]

"(Belichick) SUCKS! (Tom Brady) is the BEST (QB) to ever play the position! Yet only ONE superbowl championship in the last (ten) years! Wow, just wow. I guess we are supposed to be happy with division championships. It's already April 3 and we don't know who our starting (CB) is yet. He let (Revis) go and doesn't have another starter in place already. Wait and see, this will be another year of make the playoffs and see what happens. Another wasted year. You koolaid drinking morons just can't see it."

It doesn't have to make any sense. The beauty of it is there is at least an 80-90% chance you will be "proven" right at the end of the year. "Yet another year without a superbowl win. See, that (Belichick) really does suck. He should fire his head coach." :cussing:

Originally Posted by: greengold 

That's cute. Brady has SIX SB appearances. How many does Rodgers have?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
9 years ago

That's cute. Brady has SIX SB appearances. How many does Rodgers have?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

This is where you turn it around and redefine what is important. Say something like:

"Superbowl APPEARANCES? Is that a polite term for Playoff LOSSES? Like Jim Kelly Superbowl APPEARANCES?? That is NOT the measure of a true winner. Championships are...not divisional...not conference...WORLD....it is about WORLD Championships. We have possibly the best ever to play the most critical position that helps you achieve WORLD Champion status and we've done it ...ONCE in the LAST 10 YEARS? FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE. No other way about it. Our team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. "

Remember, there is about 85% chance I will be "proven" right at the end of the year. End with a jab at another team to gain support:

"Even that no-talent assclown Thompson in Green Bay has a single WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in the last 10 years. Just pitiful."

uffda udfa
9 years ago

This is where you turn it around and redefine what is important. Say something like:

"Superbowl APPEARANCES? Is that a polite term for Playoff LOSSES? Like Jim Kelly Superbowl APPEARANCES?? That is NOT the measure of a true winner. Championships are...not divisional...not conference...WORLD....it is about WORLD Championships. We have possibly the best ever to play the most critical position that helps you achieve WORLD Champion status and we've done it ...ONCE in the LAST 10 YEARS? FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE. No other way about it. Our team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. "

Remember, there is about 85% chance I will be "proven" right at the end of the year. End with a jab at another team to gain support:

"Even that no-talent assclown Thompson in Green Bay has a single WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in the last 10 years. Just pitiful."

Your last two lines are perfect.

How many RINGS does Brady have? Ben Roethlisberger? Eli Manning?

Those ORGANIZATIONS have won more championships. Better TEAMS. Who builds TEAMS? That is the GM. We have less championships so our guy isn't as good, or do you dispute that logic? It gets compounded by the fact that Aaron Rodgers is light years better than Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning but Ben and Eli's TEAMS have MORE championships. How is that possible? Ask TT. He has FAILED. Imagine what Pittsburgh or NYG would do if they had Aaron Rodgers... they won with much lesser QB's.

I'm not sure why reality is such a hard concept for so many. There is NOTHING to refute the above. Nothing.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Damn Greengold you do uffda better than he does!
Love it, he is so predictable , he doesn't have to post anymore, other members can post his nonsense for him.
😄😄😄😄

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DoddPower
9 years ago

Those ORGANIZATIONS have won more championships. Better TEAMS. Who builds TEAMS? That is the GM. We have less championships so our guy isn't as good, or do you dispute that logic? It gets compounded by the fact that Aaron Rodgers is light years better than Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning but Ben and Eli's TEAMS have MORE championships. How is that possible? Ask TT. He has FAILED. Imagine what Pittsburgh or NYG would do if they had Aaron Rodgers... they won with much lesser QB's.

I'm not sure why reality is such a hard concept for so many. There is NOTHING to refute the above. Nothing.

I think overall your point has some validity. However, I think if the Packers win another Super Bowl in the next season or two than most of the questions will be answered. I think the Packers have as good as chance as any to be in the Super Bowl next season so long as they have a good draft, stay healthy, and a few players continue to develop. Those are very reasonable "if's."

But to the point, I still say the Packers superstar and potentially "best ever" quarterback Aaron Rodgers has to play better in the playoffs, 2010 notwithstanding. Same with some other big-time players. The coaching also needs to be better, AND more talent never hurts. But as far as I'm concerned, the talent was obviously there last season. There's no reason the Packers shouldn't have at least been playing in the Super Bowl yesterday with the team that Ted Thompson assembled. I put that failure more on the coaching and players. There's plenty of equal opportunity blame to go around.
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

Our crappy team beat the better SB champs during the season. The better Giants who go from almost firing their HC every few years because of how bad the team is.

Each of those teams have a few players that are better than our, and they also all have players that are worse than other of our players. Winning a SB doesn't mean they were the better team. Our SB winning season was one that because of injury was one of our weakest teams, but circumstances worked out for us.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Our crappy team beat the better SB champs during the season. The better Giants who go from almost firing their HC every few years because of how bad the team is.

Each of those teams have a few players that are better than our, and they also all have players that are worse than other of our players. Winning a SB doesn't mean they were the better team. Our SB winning season was one that because of injury was one of our weakest teams, but circumstances worked out for us.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

What team was it that The 2010 Packers beat in the SB?

You are so right with your analysis.

Not always does the best team win The SB.

That's why Ted keeping The Packers relevant year in and year out is so important.

Even when they are not considered the best team.
They always have that chance to win it all!

Go back and check, I think you will find that it's probably about a 50/50 split.
Where the favored team wins The SB.

Pretty sure Seattle was favored over New England last year.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

What team was it that The 2010 Packers beat in the SB?

Pretty sure Seattle was favored over New England last year.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You just keep doing Buck...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/1/7959857/2015-superbowl-odds-point-spread-patriots-favorites-seahawks 

UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Seriously,
What point are you trying to make?

Both teams were favored within 48 hours of the game.

I would think someone as intelligent as you would know the line changes depending on where the money is going.

That's all you got?

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Smokey
9 years ago
Is it that hard to focus on the topic of this thread ?
Your supposed to say how much you love Ted Thompson. How you praise him at every opportunity. That you love every decision he makes. That you send him Christmas Cards. That you worship the ground that he walks upon.

Get with it Guys, Suck UP !! :joker:
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (20h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (21h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.