Zero2Cool
8 years ago

There are so many examples of that aren't there? No they are not hiding anything. The truth is out there (hey, that would make a great tagline for a TV show) they are just not putting it out front. I'd say on a scale of 1-10 (1 being a total non issue) 10 being and absolute disgrace I would put this at a 2 or maybe 2.5 and the only reason I say that is because 19 other teams apparently didn't take money and I would like to think the Packers would be leading the way in issues like this.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

If you are going to spend tax payers money, are you going to spend it on each of the 32 NFL teams or the teams that get the most viewership? If you have a budget, which the military does, you select wisely. How the hell the Vikings got in there, no damn clue!!! But if I'm a person who wants to get my message out, I'm going to target the most bang for my buck.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

I guess you don't see that there is a difference between what is clearly a paid advertisement and leading the public to believe you're putting on displays of patriotism because you care about the military and want to "honor" them. It is not honoring when you're paid to do it.

It's an honor when a young lady accepts your request for a date. It is a dishonor when a prostitute takes your money for one but you guys don't seem to be able to reconcile huge differences in approaches.

As for Ted Thompson, you choose not to get it... you guys constantly credit him for things that are actually the opposite of reality. Why can't I choose to be like you guys and blame him for something that he doesn't deserve blame for? It's no different than what you do it's just in reverse. Again, you don't see the differences just like in the paid vs. not paid thing. There is a HUGE difference.

Take your date home to mom and she's all happy thinking you found a nice girl...then tell her later she was actually a whore you paid to be on your arm at the get together. Is mama going to think the same about it? You guys sure want to think the same about what the Packers did. None of you knew those oh so patriotic displays were really paid infomercials. It did your heart good to see our org be so honoring to our military. We come to find out there was no honor in it at all...only money. Money whoring as I think nerd would probably call it. Yet, you want to say it's not an issue...there's nothing wrong with it even though what you thought is light years from reality. There is some irony in that all by itself but it's surely lost on you.

Honestly, I'm amazed at how you guys look at things. The things you don't see.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

There is a difference between honoring troops who have already served and providing recruiting services for young men who may be interested in serving in the future.

It's no different than if the Badgers wanted to recruit young athletes for their various programs.

No NFL team has to be PAID in order to honor troops who have either served or sacrificed in combat. Get real.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
8 years ago

I guess you don't see that there is a difference between what is clearly a paid advertisement and leading the public to believe you're putting on displays of patriotism because you care about the military and want to "honor" them. It is not honoring when you're paid to do it.

It's an honor when a young lady accepts your request for a date. It is a dishonor when a prostitute takes your money for one but you guys don't seem to be able to reconcile huge differences in approaches.

As for Ted Thompson, you choose not to get it... you guys constantly credit him for things that are actually the opposite of reality. Why can't I choose to be like you guys and blame him for something that he doesn't deserve blame for? It's no different than what you do it's just in reverse. Again, you don't see the differences just like in the paid vs. not paid thing. There is a HUGE difference.

Take your date home to mom and she's all happy thinking you found a nice girl...then tell her later she was actually a whore you paid to be on your arm at the get together. Is mama going to think the same about it? You guys sure want to think the same about what the Packers did. None of you knew those oh so patriotic displays were really paid infomercials. It did your heart good to see our org be so honoring to our military. We come to find out there was no honor in it at all...only money. Money whoring as I think nerd would probably call it. Yet, you want to say it's not an issue...there's nothing wrong with it even though what you thought is light years from reality. There is some irony in that all by itself but it's surely lost on you.

Honestly, I'm amazed at how you guys look at things. The things you don't see.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If blaming Ted Thompson for soething you know he has absolutely nothing to do with makes you every bit as much of an idiot as you think those who give him undue credit for things are, why would you still choose to do it? Seems more like you are just obsessed. You cant even discuss anything about this team you supposedly care about or any of the players on it without spending most or all of your words on tt. I dont see how you can even enjoy the game at this point. Maybe its time to take a step back or find a different team to pull for until evil ted is gone.
sschind
8 years ago

If you are going to spend tax payers money, are you going to spend it on each of the 32 NFL teams or the teams that get the most viewership? If you have a budget, which the military does, you select wisely. How the hell the Vikings got in there, no damn clue!!! But if I'm a person who wants to get my message out, I'm going to target the most bang for my buck.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I understand that completely and I agree. If I am spending money promoting my service I want to spend it where it will be seen. What I don't know is if the same money was offered to all teams and only the 14 accepted it and the others did it on their own or what. I don't believe that these 14 teams were the only ones to honor the military so if the military only gave money to these 14 teams who paid for the ones they didn't give the money to?

I would have a hard time believing the military would say something like "we will give money to the Packers and not the Jaguars because more people watch the Packer games." I'd like to know if this is something that the military offers to all teams and only some take advantage of it or if it is only offered to select teams.

nerdmann
8 years ago

I understand that completely and I agree. If I am spending money promoting my service I want to spend it where it will be seen. What I don't know is if the same money was offered to all teams and only the 14 accepted it and the others did it on their own or what. I don't believe that these 14 teams were the only ones to honor the military so if the military only gave money to these 14 teams who paid for the ones they didn't give the money to?

I would have a hard time believing the military would say something like "we will give money to the Packers and not the Jaguars because more people watch the Packer games." I'd like to know if this is something that the military offers to all teams and only some take advantage of it or if it is only offered to select teams.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Seemed from the article it was more National Guard.

So like the WI National Guard would be likely to advertise with the Pack, because they have like a 96% viewership in NE Wisconsin, and very high in the rest of the state. But the Florida National Guard might not invest as heavily in the Jags, because, well no one cares about them.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
8 years ago

Seemed from the article it was more National Guard.

So like the WI National Guard would be likely to advertise with the Pack, because they have like a 96% viewership in NE Wisconsin, and very high in the rest of the state. But the Florida National Guard might not invest as heavily in the Jags, because, well no one cares about them.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I'm seeing that more now and if it is the national guard that would make sense. I wouldn't expect the WI national guard to advertise with any team other than the Packers.

I'd still like to know who pays for the tributes when performed by the other 18 teams who didn't take any money from the military. Maybe its private donations or corporate sponsors or maybe the team picks up the tab. All in all I'd rather see the Packers on the not taking money list than on the taking money list but I don't think it is a big deal.

Cheesey
8 years ago
I seriously think that Uffda just does this stuff to see who he can get a rise out of. I don't think even he believes half of what he says.

And maybe, just maybe, he wrote Ted several times, and Ted didn't reply to him. So he's ticked off at him and wants to blame EVERYTHING on him! You know....."slighted lover" thing???😝

And maybe they advertised with the Vikings, because they know that Vikings fans are vunerable. You know, they don't have anything to do after the regular season is over.😂 🤣
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Skimming through some of the posts and then it came to my why the Vikings were used. Duh, they play the Packers twice a season!!
UserPostedImage
greengold
8 years ago

I seriously think that Uffda just does this stuff to see who he can get a rise out of. I don't think even he believes half of what he says.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That's the definition of a troll. I won't argue with you.

mi_keys
8 years ago

Skimming through some of the posts and then it came to my why the Vikings were used. Duh, they play the Packers twice a season!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I thought it had something to do with the idea that people just can't look away from train wrecks...
Born and bred a cheesehead
Fan Shout
dhazer (18m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.