uffda udfa
8 years ago
Greg Jennings posted his highest TD total in his 2nd year from a small school. He had 12 that year and 12 later in his career. Was 80 yards short of 1000 but only had 53 receptions year 2. Greg did average more YPC in his 2nd year than he has the rest of his career. (17.4)

So, the 2nd year jump for Janis should be more than possible but he won't be a top target most likely. Would like to see him deep on the fine nine route a few times, though.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

Would like to see him deep on the fine nine route a few times, though.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I am very surprised we didn't try that or at least tested it at some point during the season. Even if the defenses suspected what we were running, it would open the field up for the underneath stuff.

I would have liked to see how Janis would have altered the Seahawks CBs.

steveishere
8 years ago

Had Janis and Adams switched draft position, their playing time would've flip flopped. The common response would be...yeah, but that's why they were drafted where they were...one guy was better than the other. I don't know about that. Davante played in some crazy throw it all over the field O at Fresno and Janis came from the little leagues but like Texas said... Janis in his brief window on our TV's looked special and Davante just looks like any other WR we've had here in the past that wasn't top flight.

If they were defensive players maybe but McCarthy hasn't been shy about putting young players over higher drafted players or vets if they were ready on offense. Look at Flynn winning the back up spot over Brohm as a rookie or Bakhtiari playing LT as a 4th round rookie. Most likely Janis just needed more time to learn how to play in the NFL than Adams did. I hope he learned a lot last year because McCarthy and Rodgers will use him if he actually turns out to be an NFL quality WR.
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago

Or maybe the guy who sees him every day knows a bit more than a know-it-all on a forum.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Quite possibly the best post ever!!!!!!!!!

😍 😍 😍
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Or maybe the guy who sees him every day knows a bit more than a know-it-all on a forum. Just because Boykin had a shitty season does not mean the guy on the bench behind him was a better or equal player. After a shitty season the guy was let go, the fact that the guy behind him was not makes no difference.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Where the hell do you think that Mike McCarthy gets all his scouting tips?
UserPostedImage

Right here at your Packers Home!!!!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Greg Jennings posted his highest TD total in his 2nd year from a small school. He had 12 that year and 12 later in his career. Was 80 yards short of 1000 but only had 53 receptions year 2. Greg did average more YPC in his 2nd year than he has the rest of his career. (17.4)

So, the 2nd year jump for Janis should be more than possible but he won't be a top target most likely. Would like to see him deep on the fine nine route a few times, though.

Driver was also more of a track guy. Janis was pretty raw coming in, not sure he can make the leap in year two. We shall see.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
greengold
8 years ago
It will be an interesting group to watch in the preseason. There's a chance they only keep 5, and then barring injury it would come down to :
Janis OR Abbrederis OR Myles White OR any of the undrafted guys.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Jared Abbrederis was penciled in as returner last season over someone else and then he busted his ACL. So, it is funny to see new season, new player supposedly replacing old player with no regard to giving the returning player much chance. Specifically, now we have some saying Ty Montgomery is going to be the returner and not Abbrederis. Wait, what??? lol

UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago

Jared Abbrederis was penciled in as returner last season over someone else and then he busted his ACL. So, it is funny to see new season, new player supposedly replacing old player with no regard to giving the returning player much chance. Specifically, now we have some saying Ty Montgomery is going to be the returner and not Abbrederis. Wait, what??? lol

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

But it's a 'What have you done for me lately' league. Also, none of us really know if Abbrederis is going to make it back to the NFL after his injury. We will not know for a couple months yet.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

But it's a 'What have you done for me lately' league. Also, none of us really know if Abbrederis is going to make it back to the NFL after his injury. We will not know for a couple months yet.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

Quite true, but we (myself included here) always seem eager to drop the returning guy in favor of the unknown guy. In this case, both are actually unknown.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (8h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (8h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (9h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.