buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

This is not the first time football had to change its culture

Packers  wrote:

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
The article seemed to be a collection of random off-the-wall thoughts. What was the "change of culture" crap they mentioned? Concussions?

As for the thread title, I've said it before and I'll say it again, CONSISTENCY of being at or near the top, THAT is what being GREAT in the NFL is about.

Take the Giants for example; They won a couple of fairly recent Super Bowls and before, after, and in between, they pretty much faded to nothingness. Who wants their favorite team to be like THAT? Certainly not me. I'll take the more than two decades of EXCELLENCE the Packers have had, even though the Super Bowls have been a little farther apart than we might like.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
PackerTraxx
8 years ago
Good question-would you trade,say, 3 or 4 more Super Bowls for 9 or 10 losing seasons?
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
musccy
8 years ago

The article seemed to be a collection of random off-the-wall thoughts. What was the "change of culture" crap they mentioned? Concussions?

As for the thread title, I've said it before and I'll say it again, CONSISTENCY of being at or near the top, THAT is what being GREAT in the NFL is about.

Take the Giants for example; They won a couple of fairly recent Super Bowls and before, after, and in between, they pretty much faded to nothingness. Who wants their favorite team to be like THAT? Certainly not me. I'll take the more than two decades of EXCELLENCE the Packers have had, even though the Super Bowls have been a little farther apart than we might like.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

It's a daily Q and A article. You have to read daily to understand some of the flow of the questions.

As far as the consistency question, I think you just need to look at the Brewers...as a fan do you like the roller coaster of success they're on?
Cheesey
8 years ago
The Brewers......I have tired of their losing ways. They had one good season, when they won the American league title, and haven't done much since. I wish they WOULD give us something to cheer about!

Now......I remember the 70's and 80's, where we only WISH we would make the playoffs. I remember the first time back in the early 1990's. Just the fact that we MADE the playoffs and won ONE playoff game had me jumping for joy!
It's been hard seeing them get SOOO close in the recent past, only to fail. But I'd STILL take that over sucking for 20 years!

We ARE spoiled as Packer fans!

Of course I want another SB title to cheer about....hopefully this year!
UserPostedImage
Porforis
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I'd much rather have two super bowls surrounded by 8 years of failing rather than 10 years of getting into the playoffs and not doing anything. Nowhere close to that point yet, but come 2020 if we haven't at least made it to the super bowl again that would be a huge disappointment.
musccy
8 years ago

The Brewers......I have tired of their losing ways. They had one good season, when they won the American league title, and haven't done much since. I wish they WOULD give us something to cheer about!

Now......I remember the 70's and 80's, where we only WISH we would make the playoffs. I remember the first time back in the early 1990's. Just the fact that we MADE the playoffs and won ONE playoff game had me jumping for joy!
It's been hard seeing them get SOOO close in the recent past, only to fail. But I'd STILL take that over sucking for 20 years!

We ARE spoiled as Packer fans!

Of course I want another SB title to cheer about....hopefully this year!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

They went for it the CC Sabathia year...I honestly don't follow the Brewers enough to know who they gave up to get him, but last year's collapse aside, they've shown us a snapshot of what a boom or bust team is like. Personally I prefer the any given year optimism AROD and the D and D philosophy provide.
steveishere
8 years ago
There is no way to have a guaranteed superbowl. I hope the team is good enough to win the Superbowl every year and hopefully they actually get one or two. People who say they would gladly deal with a few losing seasons would be absolutely losing their minds after the 2nd one in a row whether they had recently won a superbowl or not let alone saying they'd deal with 5 or 6. Losing seasons are awful because not only do you know early on you aren't going to compete for a superbowl you have to watch shitty uncompetitive football all year.
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

There is no way to have a guaranteed superbowl. I hope the team is good enough to win the Superbowl every year and hopefully they actually get one or two. People who say they would gladly deal with a few losing seasons would be absolutely losing their minds after the 2nd one in a row whether they had recently won a superbowl or not let alone saying they'd deal with 5 or 6. Losing seasons are awful because not only do you know early on you aren't going to compete for a superbowl you have to watch shitty uncompetitive football all year.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Totally agree. At least if we don't win the Superbowl every year it is still nice to pound the snot out of the NFC North and our hated rivals pretty consistently for the last 2 decades.
warhawk
8 years ago
I could just see this board if after half way thru a season they were playing like crap with no shot at a playoff spot just pounding their chests about last years SB victory. Yeah right.

Hell, half the guys around here now don't think the coaches know anything, Ted Thompson is an idiot, and and there's maybe three guys out there that actually know how to play football. I don't care if we won a SB last year or not we start out a season 2-6 and this board lights up like a friggin' christmas tree and it WON'T be with glowing accolades about how good they were LAST year.

Try to sell it all you want I ain't buying.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (8h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.