uffda udfa
8 years ago

When I said Aaron seems to speak about players with precision, this supports that. Also shows he's not as bias as some falsely claim him to be. I highlighted a little portion that I think we uninformed fans should heed notice of. Let's keep an eye on this Adams kid!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I hope he's right...this time.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
8 years ago

No, sir. I have explained to you the differences. I suggest you look up "nuanced" in the dictionary.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No sir. A month or so ago you were spinning some Aaron Rodgers quote and claiming it meant he didn't support Ted Thompson or draft & develop. As I remember you put a lot of effort into trying to convince us that the really smart Aaron Rodgers agrees with you about what a bum Ted Thompson is. Now when he talks up Davante Adams and there is no way to spin what he said, Aaron clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

Aaron most certainly does NOT believe in TT...where did that come from? Fantasy land?

You really don't follow this team all that closely to make ridiculous statements like Aaron has the utmost faith in TT. Utter garbage.

You clearly don't understand, K Aaron Rodgers is not in any way shape or former in favor of TT's approach.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

No sir. A month or so ago you were spinning some Aaron Rodgers quote and claiming it meant he didn't support Ted Thompson or draft & develop. As I remember you put a lot of effort into trying to convince us that the really smart Aaron Rodgers agrees with you about what a bum Ted Thompson is. Now when he talks up Davante Adams and there is no way to spin what he said, Aaron clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

You really don't understand do you? If Rodgers is going to talk "negatively" about someone or something that is probably a very accurate depiction of what he thinks as well as the fact he is recapping not talking about the present or future which I elucidated as being totally different things as to whether it should be believed.

Rodgers talked up Jermichael as being one of the ALL TIME GREATS at TE. He talked up Harris as "Special" and smiled widely on SNF regarding what he thought of Harris. James Jones joined the refrain on Harris saying he was like Barry freaking Sanders. Harris is gone...a fart in the wind after all that gushing from Rodgers and James Jones. All that talk proved to be irrelevant and wrong.

Now, we have this play out with Davante Adams and it's rock solid... Rodgers knows what we don't know. I said...I hope he's right this time because he spouts a lot of stuff that is dead wrong.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

greengold
8 years ago

You really don't understand do you? If Rodgers is going to talk "negatively" about someone or something that is probably a very accurate depiction of what he thinks. The converse is not true, however, and I mentioned this in a previous post.

Rodgers talked up Jermichael as being one of the ALL TIME GREATS at TE. He talked up Harris as "Special" and smiled widely on SNF regarding what he thought of Harris. James Jones joined the refrain on Harris saying he was like Barry freaking Sanders. Harris is gone...a fart in the wind after all that gushing from Rodgers and James Jones. All that talk proved to be irrelevant and wrong.

Now, we have this play out with Davante Adams and it's rock solid... Rodgers knows what we don't know. I said...I hope he's right this time because he spouts a lot of stuff that is dead wrong.

And if Finley hadn't gotten injured he could have become one of the greats. I doubt it, but you would claim it was "unknowable" if it supported your position. There was nothing wrong with Harris, he left in free agency. What about Ruvell Martin? Wasn't Rodgers wrong about him being good enough to play somewhere if not here that year? He only played in the league for 7 more years.

It seems you only claim Rodgers doesn't know what he is talking about when he disagrees with you.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

And if Finley hadn't gotten injured he could have become one of the greats. I doubt it, but you would claim it was "unknowable" if it supported your position. There was nothing wrong with Harris, he left in free agency. What about Ruvell Martin? Wasn't Rodgers wrong about him being good enough to play somewhere if not here that year? He only played in the league for 7 more years.

It seems you only claim Rodgers doesn't know what he is talking about when he disagrees with you.

I spent years in sports media listening very carefully to athletes and coaches. It's ALL the same...ALL garbage almost all the time.

What you don't understand is a player or coach rarely will ever say anything "negative" and when they do even if it's very veiled it's incredibly relevant. On the other hand, players and coaches are CONSTANTLY talking up players...that's what they do. It happens in every NFL city and every city with any major pro sports team. Heck, college, too.

Davante is now a very important part of what we're doing. He's our 3rd WR on a team that almost always has injuries. Nelson or Cobb is very likely to be down for a significant portion of time this season, so Davante is likely to be counted upon heavily. Do you think Rodgers wants to do anything to stifle his confidence or do you think he's going to blow smoke to encourage the kid to be great because he needs him?

Rodgers was also calling Abby "Magic" last year saying he looked like he was going to help us right away. Janis is a 7th rounder and I doubt the expectations of Rodgers were anywhere near what they were for Adams in Rodgers mind.

12 was talking up Jeremy Ross when he was here. He just does those things and I think trying to read into them as if they mean gospel that is a huge mistake.

One more quick thing...when it comes to media quotes, you have no clue what power the team has over what gets reported. I do. I worked for an NFL flagship station for a few years...and another non flagship station. The team would issue specific instruction to not ask negative questions. If you want to do that they'll just pull your credentials. I had that happen to a place I worked. You couldn't ask sincere honest questions without repercussions. So, the majority if not entirety of what you read and hear is all puff stuff but you think otherwise because you don't know any better.

UserPostedImage

greengold
8 years ago

I spent years in sports media listening very carefully to athletes and coaches. It's ALL the same...ALL garbage almost all the time.

What you don't understand is a player or coach rarely will ever say anything "negative" and when they do even if it's very veiled it's incredibly relevant. On the other hand, players and coaches are CONSTANTLY talking up players...that's what they do. It happens in every NFL city and every city with any major pro sports team. Heck, college, too.

Davante is now a very important part of what we're doing. He's our 3rd WR on a team that almost always has injuries. Nelson or Cobb is very likely to be down for a significant portion of time this season, so Davante is likely to be counted upon heavily. Do you think Rodgers wants to do anything to stifle his confidence or do you think he's going to blow smoke to encourage the kid to be great because he needs him?

Rodgers was also calling Abby "Magic" last year saying he looked like he was going to help us right away. Janis is a 7th rounder and I doubt the expectations of Rodgers were anywhere near what they were for Adams in Rodgers mind.

12 was talking up Jeremy Ross when he was here. He just does those things and I think trying to read into them as if they mean gospel that is a huge mistake.

One more quick thing...when it comes to media quotes, you have no clue what power the team has over what gets reported. I do. I worked for an NFL flagship station for a few years...and another non flagship station. The team would issue specific instruction to not ask negative questions. If you want to do that they'll just pull your credentials. I had that happen to a place I worked. You couldn't ask sincere honest questions without repercussions. So, the majority if not entirety of what you read and hear is all puff stuff but you think otherwise because you don't know any better.

Don't worry, I fully understand coach speak. I fully understand players don't say anything negative to regarding teammates. I also know you can listen to what isn't said or look at the context the comment was given in before completely dismissing it.

I also know you quote player and coach words as if they were gospel in your "arguments" when they support your position, and dismiss them out of hand them when they don't.

You certainly are magnanimous in your self appointed mission to rescue this board from all us dumb homers with your special brand of "truth." Get over yourself.

The team would issue specific instruction to not ask negative questions. If you want to do that they'll just pull your credentials. I had that happen to a place I worked.

Let me guess. Teddy pulled your credentials, so now he is the anti-Christ.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Don't worry, I fully understand coach speak. I fully understand players don't say anything negative to regarding teammates. I also know you can listen to what isn't said or look at the context the comment was given in before completely dismissing it.

I also know you quote player and coach words as if they were gospel in your "arguments" when they support your position, and dismiss them out of hand them when they don't.

You certainly are magnanimous in your self appointed mission to rescue this board from all us dumb homers with your special brand of "truth." Get over yourself.

Let me guess. Teddy pulled your credentials, so now he is the anti-Christ.

No. The difference is I have a much better feel for what is real and what is puff. I keenly understand the relationship between media and the Green Bay Packers. What you get is almost exclusively puff pieces and quotes. What does that lead to? A homer fan base. Why? There is very little reality and truth coming out of them. It's all the perception they want you to have. Is it any wonder this is how this board mostly operates as well as most of Packer nation? Say something "negative" like I do and oh, no! you're not a fan. Must be a Vikings or Bears fan. People used to nothing but puff quotes don't handle a view that isn't puffy very well because that's the teet they suckly unwittingly all the day long.

Oh, the Seahawks were the team that banished my network. Asked a question of Ricky Watters they considered "negative"...never were given another minute of time with a coach or a player for YEARS. The question was about his AGE as a RB maybe a hint of declining performance. That was it...ovah! No more Seahawks for you! Done! Cut off!

If you can't see that the fact the filter of nothing but sugary sweet is on in full force for you to read mostly from this team and the effect it has on what you believe then you're lost.

Thankfully, there are guys like Michael Rodney and a few others out there. Packers fans are cultivated to love the sugar. Oh, and I do love the sugar, too, but there's a whole lot more going on than just that. Objectivity is an elusive creature around Packerland.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago
MM: I would say Davante Adams, if you wanted a clear illustration of a player taking a jump in his second year, you just saw it. He's been tremendous in OTA's and he has more in front of him. He's done a great job in strength and conditioning. If you picked a MVP or an All-Star, he'd be at the top of the list.

--So, Davante is the best of the Year 2 guys?

Hey, we should get the Matt Blanchard (who?) train rolling, also.
Mike McCarthy on our 4th string QB: Matt Blanchard had a heck of a day today. I told him in April, "Why in the hell do you not have a job?" There's a lot to work with as far as his physical talent. He's a winner. He's in a good place. He's getting better every week.

Quotes from JSOnline.com

UserPostedImage

68md
8 years ago
oy vey still on the Adams kick ?

MM: I would say Davante Adams, if you wanted a clear illustration of a player taking a jump in his second year, you just saw it. He's been tremendous in OTA's and he has more in front of him. He's done a great job in strength and conditioning. If you picked a MVP or an All-Star, he'd be at the top of the list.

--So, Davante is the best of the Year 2 guys?

Hey, we should get the Matt Blanchard (who?) train rolling, also.
Mike McCarthy on our 4th string QB: Matt Blanchard had a heck of a day today. I told him in April, "Why in the hell do you not have a job?" There's a lot to work with as far as his physical talent. He's a winner. He's in a good place. He's getting better every week.

Adams didn't go backwards in the offseason is all that means( that's a good thing) and the Blanchard news is only big because he kicked Hundly's can yet again... always nice when a D3 QB is out playing a 5th round pick. 😠

What do you want him to do during CBA walk through's ??? He brags on players like this always..never says bad things. That's Mike McCarthy
Real football starts the last week of July Uffda... until then it is what it is. :mrgreen:
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Amen, wideside! Oh, and that 5th rounder was one we traded up for!

I just wish these crazy hype trains would get derailed. It's one thing if you actually believe it based on what you've seen and completely different if you're getting all hyped up from reading quotes.

Real football...soon!
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (30m) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.