steveishere
8 years ago
One thing Janis has going for him is he also had to start out behind last year because he missed the beginning of training camp with shingles.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

how the fuck is academic smarts even relevant if he cant handle football concepts

why would you bring that up in an argument

seems like you are stretching things

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I brought it up because I was labeled inconsistent for my views of smarts. Had to clarify that Janis is smarter than Davante. He is. Perhaps, Janis doesn't grasp football concepts as well as Davante, or maybe he does. There were "smart kids" who had circles run around them in shop class by "not so smart kids".

The fact will remain is Janis has things going for him that Davante doesn't and that should mean he'll be a better WR if he puts it all together. Heck, JJ has things going for him than Nelson and Cobb don't have going for them.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Whoever Aaron trusts the most will play the most.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Barfarn
8 years ago

That freak showed his freakishness in St. Louie. Wow, baby. Just wow...don't care who it was against.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

But, did you watch the Rams Game? Try watching the game like Mike McCarthy and his staff does, that is, grading a player based on his performance in the scheme and not the result, for example:

3Q 5:32 1st 10-Janis wide right w/ CB 3 Yards from LOS-Packers run right, Janis makes no effort to block and the CB guarding Janis recognizes run immediately comes in and tackles Hill for -1. It seems Janis did not know the play was a run or did not pick-up on the audible.

Sometimes a team sells pass and then runs. Usually, under this circumstance the WRs run their routes to take DBs away from LOS. Because the DB’s typically key on whether OL sets-up to run or pass block to determine if it’s a run or a pass; under this “selling pass” situation the WRs will run their routes and OL will take pass block sets. On this play both WRs on left, TE and OL all began run blocking at snap [All but Janis].

3:42 3rd and G at 4. Janis right [1 yard behind LOS], CB playing 4 yards off. Janis ran a horrible slant. Janis runs up 2 yards and made a flaccid cut on the slant without “pressuring” the CB.

White and Adams were lined up left and crossed on the left side; Tolzein’s 1st read was White or Adams and the 2nd read was probably Adams or White, whoever was not the first read. The third read was Janis on the backside slant. Because Janis made no effort to “pressure” the CB, before making his cut, the DB had a jump on the route and was closing fast. This is very dangerous on a play like this because Tolzein on 3rd read has a split second to look right, see the separation and throw. What Tolzein does not have time to do is gauge the rate at which the CB might be closing that separation. Tolzein ended up throwing left; but had he thrown an INT Janis’ way it would have been on Janis.

This is very basic stuff. On a normal slant the WR must “pressure” the DB to commit to a fade, a hitch, an out, etc. and once the DB’s feet or hips show the effect of the “pressure” then the WR makes his break for separation inside; and sometimes the great WRs get up on the CB and physically push-off on the CB, but subtly so no penalty is called.

Even on the TD play, Rams were in man, and Janis was suppose to perform a rub on LB covering TE [Stoneburner], instead Janis stopped put his arms in blocking mode with elbows splayed out and hit the LB high for an obvious pick. The LB fought through the pick and both the safety and LB covered Stoneburner. How the refs missed the Pick is a complete mystery. All Packer receivers went right and after Janis missed the rub, he went left. The entire secondary was moving [Packer’s] right; when Janis caught the ball going left. The safety on Packer left [Christian Bryant a 2014 7th rounder who was on Rams practice squad all year] was late to react and took a poor angle to get Janis. Janis turning that short pass to a TD was more the result of over pursuit, missed coverage and poor angles by a bunch of guys that did not make the Rams’ roster rather than Janis’ speed.

It is unfathomable to comprehend that Janis doesn’t know how to run a slant or a “rub.” Ergo, like Bostic on the onside kick, Janis’ mind was not on his assignments. As Steve brilliantly remembered that Janis had shingles; he first practiced only 12 days before the Rams’ game participating in only one padded practice. Hopefully, he get his head right!
greengold
8 years ago

The fact will remain is Janis has things going for him that Davante doesn't and that should mean he'll be a better WR if he puts it all together.

And Colt Lyerla has freakish athleticism going for him at the TE position that should mean he'll be a better TE than most others in the league. But I don't think he will.

I am not in any way rooting against Jeff Janis. But he has a long way to go.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

And Colt Lyerla has freakish athleticism going for him at the TE position that should mean he'll be a better TE than most others in the league. But I don't think he will.

I am not in any way rooting against Jeff Janis. But he has a long way to go.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

I had tempered hopes for Lyerla...he was one screwed up dude. That is true, though, Lyerla could've been something and most here were excited he was here...I know I was.

We never saw Lyerla do anything on the field as a Packer. We have with Janis. Not comparable. I don't think Lyerla had quite the measurables for his position that Janis does for his.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago
NEVER let the hype die!

From ESPNWisconsin.com

Q: Who is in the lead for the 4th WR spot?

Demovsky: Based on offseason snap counts, you'd have to like Jeff Janis' chances. The second-year pro took almost all of Jordy Nelson's reps with the starters this offseason while Nelson was still recovering from hip surgery. However, don't count out rookie Ty Montgomery. We only saw him in two practices because he missed the early portion of OTAs while his alma mater, Stanford, was still in school, but he made an immediate impression. In his first practice, he caught several balls during a red zone period. He appears to catch it with ease and looks like he can operate in traffic.

UserPostedImage

gbguy20
8 years ago
I like how you ignored that post. good work
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I like how you ignored that post. good work

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

What post?

UserPostedImage

gbguy20
8 years ago

What post?

you know, the one a few posts up that uses real analysis to show that you are talking out of your ass
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (10h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.