Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Don't worry, Uffda, there aren't too many "outside the box" thinkers in this group. Feel good that you are one of them.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I agree with the notion that if you think outside the box and have the gumption to speak up, you should feel good about that. The more outside of the box thinkers who step up and share said thoughts are what drive a discussion board.

I have said this before and apparently need to say it again. Every opinion, good, bad, pro, con, has value at this website. If you respect the rules, there is no issue. The only opinion that could be even remotely bannable is one of which stating Barry Sanders is overrated. Them there be fighting words yo! 😠

Now, rules aside, just because I may think your opinion is batcrap crazy doesn't mean you have to shut your hole on the premise that I happen to be the admin. Listen, I'm a fan and a passionate one at that and love socializing with people with different opinions. That's why the "rules" here are so damn slack and YOU have so much freedom.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Don't worry, Uffda, there aren't too many "outside the box" thinkers in this group. Feel good that you are one of them.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Uffda is "outside the box" of normal thinking.

Unfortunately, he's stuck inside a tiny little box of his own, stored away in a forgotten corner somewhere.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

If you think you're going to change anyone's opinion over the internet, you are in for an amazingly difficult uphill challenge my friend, lol.

I'm not sure why you went the direction you did here, but I sure hope you never ever do it again because that was some bullshit move by you. What you're doing here has been fine. As I said NUMEROUS times and you continue to be ignorant to these words ... we need different opinions on a discussion board ... I think YOU have many GOOD POINTS ... ... ... my only problem with you is when you ruin threads by finding any skirt the line way of introducing your displeasure for Ted Thompson. We get it, no one freaking cares about reading it in every thread man!! What you fail to understand about this ... I have no clue. I'd draw a picture, but evidence recently supports you would go the most literal extreme and completely miss the boat anyway.

I'm the admin and I say you're okay and if fans dislike your opinion, they can freaking block/ignore you and move on. I am not a damn babysitter. I am a fan who wants to talk Packers! Happy cheery or pissing an groaning. I just want to talk PACKERS.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I do think opinions can and do change. I will say it is a very rare event where anyone makes it known that it does. I have received PM's from posters (not on this board) but several others some not football related that just randomly PM me and tell me that they love how I think because it makes them question what they believe and I have a take they don't get from anywhere else. It's kind of nice when that happens. There are things I read that cause me to think and I have mentioned those posters here publicly.

In my opinion, you like to take shots at me. You do have a majority here that is of the rah rah variety and it ain't gonna look good if they think you're catering to your "fringe elements". Heck, this particular board is the one I've taken the most heat as to whether I'm really a Packers fan. That is just amazing to me that I can have a totally different opinion and that leads to the conclusion that I must not be a Packers fan? That is small mindedness. I can be equally annoyed also. I find it fun. Can never get enough rah rah in my life. 😂

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I do think opinions can and do change. I will say it is a very rare event where anyone makes it known that it does. I have received PM's from posters (not on this board) but several others some not football related that just randomly PM me and tell me that they love how I think because it makes them question what they believe and I have a take they don't get from anywhere else. It's kind of nice when that happens. There are things I read that cause me to think and I have mentioned those posters here publicly.

In my opinion, you like to take shots at me. You do have a majority here that is of the rah rah variety and it ain't gonna look good if they think you're catering to your "fringe elements". Heck, this particular board is the one I've taken the most heat as to whether I'm really a Packers fan. That is just amazing to me that I can have a totally different opinion and that leads to the conclusion that I must not be a Packers fan? That is small mindedness. I can be equally annoyed also. I find it fun. Can never get enough rah rah in my life. UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I rarely take shots at anyone unless they repeatedly shoot'em at me. So, if you feel I've taken a shot at you, you damn well know you earned it! 🤣

Who has given you heat about whether you really are a Packers fan? I have no question that you are a fan of the Packers. I do think you hold unrealistic expectations for the Packers organization from the highest of high to the lowest of low in the pecking order. It seems you feel the 53rd player better be a damn Hall of Famer and if not, the entire team is a failure! Okay, that's exaggerating, of course.

What I find annoying is when several points are laid out and it just completely gets glossed over as if they were never said and they go rambling on about something completely different. I view that as disrespectful to ignore someone who took the time to present points. Then they quote it and extrapolate one specific aspect while taking it out of context and just run like hell with it. I enjoy a good debate and often times find myself being better for it, but when you're talking to someone who only cares about hearing themselves speak, it is unrewarding and frustrating. The times someone's debate has changed my opinion, I've been insulted with the accusation of being wishy wash fence rider. I mean, really? My being open minded is gonna be insulted with that immature childish garbage?

Puh-lease!
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

I don't disagree with most of what you say. But when a supposed 'fan' criticizes Adams so that they can argue Janis (Who has shown absolutely nothing in a real NFL football sense and likely won't even be on the team in 3 months) is much better, I, as a uneducated fan, have a right to get upset. How can someone qualify as a fan when all they do is spew negativity about current coaches and players? There are a few on here that show more animosity for the Packers than I do for the Bears. And I live in IL! It just gets old listening to them bash 'my' players with their stupid, uneducated bs.

Must be vacation time again.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

True, but that same logic cuts both ways.

I don't like the anti-Adams stuff, but I at least as much don't like the anti-Janis stuff - a guy who showed nothing but good play and inexplicably went mostly unused.

It's bullshit for supposed Packer fans to think they have to bad-mouth anyone who has played well to justify supporting somebody similar. And yeah, I know I've bad-mouthed Raji, but his performance on the field justified it. That ain't true of either Adams or Janis.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I don't like the anti-Adams stuff, but I at least as much don't like the anti-Janis stuff - a guy who showed nothing but good play and inexplicably went mostly unused.

It's bullshit for supposed Packer fans to think they have to bad-mouth anyone who has played well to justify supporting somebody similar. And yeah, I know I've bad-mouthed Raji, but his performance on the field justified it. That ain't true of either Adams or Janis.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

My thoughts on Adams, which would've been nil, had I not seen something ridiculous calling him a 1st round pick in a redraft and the accompanying gushing that went along with it. It's the same kind of thing that I do and get pounded for when it comes to praise for our GM. Same exact principle. You hate that someone "bashes" and I hate that someone "gushes".

Last offseason the same kind of "gushing" ensued after MM's comments on him not being higher than anyone in the building and went on to praise how much he loved how he played. The guy plays the season and is now a Carolina Panther. Rodgers says something and that's latched on to but Aaron has been dead wrong before. DuJuan Harris whom I loved, myself, proved to be anything but special for us. I could ask why they made him a KO returner but maybe he was too stupid to play offense for us.

I guess, for me, what I can't stand is the idea that it took some goofy article for a bunch of people to start jumping on the bandwagon so to speak as if they would've written that article themselves when they were only jumping on the bandwagon because it was written. If you truly thought Davante was such a special player then talk about it without having to have an article written so that you can piggyback off of. I've been on the Janis train since the play I saw in St. Louis. Shoot, I wanted to ride that train even before I saw him when I read of his unique athleticism. Guy makes a play that shows what a freak he is...and I wanted to see more. I know what I saw. I didn't need an article or some comments from anyone to be moved to think a certain way. Now, of course, I've used comments from article which guys like Buck just love but I didn't need those comments to get me to the place where I felt the need to express something here.

Each and every time a flattering piece comes out most people here jump on the bandwagon of what the writer is saying when a lot of the time these pieces are garbage puff pieces. Nerd called out Datone. I like that. The typical response would've been very opposite that and that's where I would've sprung into action and become the blowhard you all love to hate. Honestly, had someone posted that and just gushed over Datone I would've been right there to post that I thought that was complete nonsense.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Smokey
8 years ago
I may totally disagree with what another may post, but I defend their right to express that opinion without being personally attacked. In addition, when there is a personal attack and that personal attack is reported, action should be taken. It would help however for a little awareness of what a personal attack is.

A personal attack is when a poster, instead of expressing an opinion on a subject, says something negative to or about another poster. IMO, ignoring such a post, is as bad as the personal attack. It says that the old nod nod wink wink system is being utilized. That is, instead of being neutral, one only sees what one wants to see.

It says that if you are a good member and march in step, then you can post as you please. If however one believe's that ignoring a problem will not make that problem go away and you post about it, then that places the poster on the naughty list. I call that a one way street.

Reporting another poster is how members are supposed to help keep this forum from turning into Dodge City on a Saturday night. Yet reporting to one who is either unwilling act or can't recognize a personal attack when they see one, is only emboldening more bad behavior in the future.

I don't like Ted Thompson or the way he operates, yet as a Packer fan I believe that my opinion counts too, without being personally attacked for expressing it. So as the proof is in the product, I can wait(again) to be proven right.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago
I believe many here would make GREAT Colts fans...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13067806/indianapolis-colts-defend-2014-afc-finalist-banner 

Obviously, I would be in the "negative" group that realizes how ridiculous that banner is. Could just imagine if we were all Colts fans how I would get blasted for being such a poor fan. I'm sure I would be labeled a fan of some other team in the division.
UserPostedImage

DoddPower
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

But do you know how Janis practiced day-in and day-out? Ultimately, that's going to matter a lot more than a couple plays in the preseason against backups or players that don't even make a roster. Obviously Janis wasn't showing enough during practice to merit more playing time. If he did, I'm sure he would have gotten more action. Adams must have shown enough in practice to earn game reps. As far as I'm concerned, it's really that simple. The evaluation of these players goes way beyond what happens in preseason. The coaching staff see these guys almost daily after they make the roster.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

But do you know how Janis practiced day-in and day-out? Ultimately, that's going to matter a lot more than a couple plays in the preseason against backups or players that don't even make a roster. Obviously Janis wasn't showing enough during practice to merit more playing time. If he did, I'm sure he would have gotten more action. Adams must have shown enough in practice to earn game reps. As far as I'm concerned, it's really that simple. The evaluation of these players goes way beyond what happens in preseason. The coaching staff see these guys almost daily after they make the roster.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

The evaluation of these players does go way beyond what happens in preseason. It goes back to their drafting.

Davante was out of sync with Aaron numerous times. Do you think if Janis had been out of sync like Davante was he'd have continually been trotted out there? No. The difference? 2nd round guy kept getting opportunities where the 7th would never.

No...I don't know how JJ practiced but if I could infer from Rodgers it sound like he wasn't mentally ready to be trusted. Davante wasn't either, but he still got to play. I would argue that Janis would make a far better ST player than Adams and he still didn't get to play. I'm pretty sure JJ was smart enough last year to have played ST's and it would've been tough for him to be worse than DuJuan Harris on KO returns. Perhaps, he fumbled in practice? He did have a 30 on his Wonderlic so he's a pretty bright kid.

If Mike McCarthy is to be believed we can hold onto this: (from ESPNWisconsin)

“I think Jeff is going to take a big step,” McCarthy said during a nearly hour-long session at a hotel restaurant with reporters who regularly cover the team. “He’s got a big catching radius, and he needs to utilize it. Obviously, I think we all saw his vertical speed. He’s an extremely physical young man. He’s an Olympian in the weight room. He’s got a lot of raw skill, and I look for him to make that jump.”

Asked why Janis didn’t play more – especially after demoted No. 3 receiver Jarrett Boykin fell off the map at midseason – McCarthy cited special teams and intimated that he “toyed with” the idea of making Janis the kickoff returner.

“I wouldn’t say he was not ready,” McCarthy said. “When you hit that third quarter of the season, you like to get those guys [young] going because you don’t want them coming up at the end of the year with the youngest guys playing the most important games. Because, Lord knows, we had way too much of that here in the past. We had all those injuries [in past years], and then you’re playing with really young guys at the end of the year.

“I thought probably after Thanksgiving, I thought Jeff really picked it up [in practice]. He was more comfortable, and so I look for him to take a step. He’s got to play with extension. That’s the one thing he has to do a better job of. But you can see it on the scout team, and at the end of the year he was running some really good routes. Really good routes.”

Has to play with an erection? Extension... mental or physical? Hair extensions?

Janis is faster, stronger, cheaper and smarter but he is 7 months older. Maybe, besides the whole 2nd round thing they went with the younger guy? 😕 😁
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (3h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (3h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (4h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (20h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.