Bigbyfan
8 years ago

Man, do you ever butcher things, Buck. It's how you have to deal with me, I guess.

What I said was Cobb probably could've been had for a deal of around 5-6 million per after his shortened 2013 season.

I have DOGMATICALLY STATED and will continue doing so that there is NO WAY we would've had to pay him anywhere near 10 million after the 2013 season to extend him. We made the MISTAKE of letting him play out his contract and for doing so we WAYYYYYY overpaid what we should've had we been smart enough to lock him up after 2013 season. Those are undeniable facts. Randall wasn't getting anywhere near 10 million from us after that season. We offered him a joke of a deal because he didn't sign.

Spin it away and restate what I've stated all day all night.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

What makes you think that Cobb would have even thought about accepting a $5-6 million deal???

Even for you, this attempt at blaming the Packers front office is a joke.
blank
uffda udfa
8 years ago

What makes you think that Cobb would have even thought about accepting a $5-6 million deal???

Even for you, this attempt at blaming the Packers front office is a joke.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

He may not have... however, we do know he would've signed for A LOT LESS than the 10 million we ended up having to give him because of the great season he had by not signing him a year prior. Our org only wanted to do between 8 and 9 AFTER his all world season, so that tells me we offered him considerably less than that over a year ago.

It's not a joke...it a FACT. Our org paid way too much because it didn't get him extended before he went out and smashed Victor Cruz' stats. It was way too late for our org to "get a deal" on Randall then. We had him right where we wanted him... little to no bargaining power because of the injury and we didn't capitalize on it and I have zero doubt in my mind that we really lowballed him as one of my biggest detractors even alluded to. There is no doubt we offered him peanuts, he balked, and decided I'm playing it out because that offer I got absolutely sucked and I'm worth more than that. Ah, but had we offered him a really good deal he would've taken it for security sake...we didn't and ended up paying him 10 million per and there ain't NOBODY here who thought 2 years ago we'd be paying him 10 million per to keep him BECAUSE we blew it by not getting him signed ahead of time. F A C T.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago

I'm not the one spinning here buddy, You are the one who stated you had sources telling you Ted overpaid for Cobb.
I want you to name those sources.

7 more pages to go!

Every Media sour e I have read have given Ted and The Packers one if the highest if not the highest off season grade of any team.

You obviously have other sources . WHO ARE THEY?

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Again, keep making things up and asking me over and over to back up things I never said. That's fine, Buck. I hope you feel better. You're doing a bang up job trying to keep the focus off the fact our org shelled out millions more to two players by not signing them a year ahead of time. I know, I know you want to reserve your silly fantasy that it was some incredible work and offseason by our org and want it to be the best offfseason of any NFL team. It is what you thrive on. Silliness that has no basis in any reality anywhere. Think. Think. Think. Do NFL franchises save money or lose money by extending star players a year before they hit the market or do they pay MORE when they do because 31 others can now negotiate with them. A remedial question that will blow your fantasy to bits but change what I've said and tell me I'm wrong for 8 pages. It changes nothing.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

No, you said The Packers overspent on Cobb letting him hit Free Agency.

You said you had sources telling you Ted could have offered Cobb 5mil and Cobb would have signed.

WHO ARE THOSE SOURCES?

Again, keep making things up and asking me over and over to back up things I never said. That's fine, Buck. I hope you feel better. You're doing a bang up job trying to keep the focus off the fact our org shelled out millions more to two players by not signing them a year ahead of time. I know, I know you want to reserve your silly fantasy that it was some incredible work and offseason by our org and want it to be the best offfseason of any NFL team. It is what you thrive on. Silliness that has no basis in any reality anywhere. Think. Think. Think. Do NFL franchises save money or lose money by extending star players a year before they hit the market or do they pay MORE when they do because 31 others can now negotiate with them. A remedial question that will blow your fantasy to bits but change what I've said and tell me I'm wrong for 8 pages. It changes nothing.

Hey I just want you to back up your asinine statements.

Now you are saying The Packers overspent,
WHAT HAPPENNED TO 5MIL A YEAR STORY?

Once again you have made a Dumbass statement, claiming you have inside sources to back it up, then you ignore anyone who calls you out on your Dumbass statements.

NAME YOUR INSIDE SOURCES OR STFU!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
8 years ago

I didn't see him say he had sources. All I saw was a fairy tale that Cobb could have been signed long term for $5M/yr following the 2013 season when he missed 10 games due to injury.

Here is ufdah's entire argument:

[list]

• If monkeys flew out of my ass Randall Cobb would have signed an early extension for $5M/yr when he was injured.
  • It is the responsibility of the Packers to make monkeys fly out of my ass
  • Because the Packers didn't make monkeys fly out of my ass they paid DOUBLE what they would have paid if monkeys flew out of my ass.
  • [/list]

Originally Posted by: greengold 

He was pretending to have sources, without actually posting the links.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    steveishere
    8 years ago

It depends on the player. If you are talking about BJ Raji then they pay a significant amount less it seems. As far as Cobb goes even if they somehow signed him to something like a 3 year (like Jordy and Jennings signed) 7m a year deal after 2013 it doesn't really save all that much because of the extra 6m you pay in 2014, it would have to have been significantly less. The F.A.C.T is that you have absolutely no clue what they actually offered him or what he was looking for that he actually would have signed.
    uffda udfa
    8 years ago

It depends on the player. If you are talking about BJ Raji then they pay a significant amount less it seems. As far as Cobb goes even if they somehow signed him to something like a 3 year (like Jordy and Jennings signed) 7m a year deal after 2013 it doesn't really save all that much because of the extra 6m you pay in 2014, it would have to have been significantly less. The F.A.C.T is that you have absolutely no clue what they actually offered him or what he was looking for that he actually would have signed.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

You are right...I don't have the exact number. I am 100% correct, though, in saying had we actually extended him in 2013 it wouldn't have been for anywhere near 10 million. We only had to pay 10 mil because 31 other teams were willing to pay him more than that. We were the only ones who could offer him a deal in 2013. It's pretty obvious if the team only offered between 8 and 9 million AFTER his incredible 2014 season it's beyond illogical to say we would've had to pay him anywhere near 10 to get a deal done in 2013. Go watch Jerry McGuire... it ain't that far off. A guy like Rod Tidwell... they want that money...they want that security. Clearly, we didn't offer him anything substantial as he ended up saying he wasn't worthy of an extension and was just going to play it out. That tune never gets played with a great deal on the table from the org.

UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
    8 years ago

Consensus? So, what? Demovsky talked to who exactly? Who is defined within "consensus"?

You do realize that if a team extends their players BEFORE they hit their contract year they pay SIGNIFICANTLY less, right? Cobb is the perfect example. Cobb gambled on himself and won, huge. Both of these players could've been had for half of what they ended up with but we paid double and get praised? Ok.

As for the draft? I recall the Vikings Troy Williamson draft. Praised as an "A"...go look it up. Then look at the regrade... 3 years later...F. What someone says about your draft right now is irrelevant and that shouldn't be confusing to anyone who has followed the NFL at all.

Where the hell am I making things up?

Your very 1st post!

READ IT!

What the hell is half of 10mil?

Now you want to give me The names of your sources so I can double check with them.?
    uffda udfa
    8 years ago

Where the hell am I making things up?

Your very 1st post!

READ IT!

What the hell is half of 10mil?

Now you want to give me The names of your sources so I can double check with them.?

I know what I wrote. I do believe had we offered them around half of what they ended up getting we could've had them. I know for a FACT we wouldn't have paid anywhere near what we ended up paying.

It's just so incredibly comical to see you respond to me. My point in typing all of this in the first place was that it is beyond dumb to be getting all excited about our off season and hailing our management for doing such a tremendous job bragging that we won free agency this year. We lost. We lost...big. Neither of those guys should've been in position to cash in like they did. I still think Bulaga shouldn't have been given an extension period given his horrific injury history and certainly not at 7 mil per. Cobb has been my main focus... that guy should've never ever ever sniffed 10 million. He only sniffed it because our org was too cheap to give him a very good offer back in 2013. We lost there. We lost millions. Conversely, we were brilliant on Aaron Rodgers years and years ago...we realized how great he was going to be and paid him a very good but not mega deal to extend him. That is EXACTLY the kind of thing we should've done with Randall that we didn't do but you don't get that at all and want to focus on something that doesn't really matter at all.

I get it, it is so much more fun to wave your Packer pennant and tell the world that your team won free agency and what a great job it did even though that isn't the truth. It's the exact opposite. Ol' uu tells you the truth and you go crazy. Had both of those guys walked you would be praising the org for how smart it was for not paying so much out to them. The org can't lose with Buck...he believes they're perfect and never wrong. They were wrong on Cobb...very wrong and they paid way too much because of it. Now get back to fantasy celebrating. Crank up some 1999 from Prince and shuffle, brother.
    UserPostedImage

buckeyepackfan
    8 years ago

I know what I wrote. I do believe had we offered them around half of what they ended up getting we could've had them. I know for a FACT we wouldn't have paid anywhere near what we ended up paying.

It's just so incredibly comical to see you respond to me. My point in typing all of this in the first place was that it is beyond dumb to be getting all excited about our off season and hailing our management for doing such a tremendous job bragging that we won free agency this year. We lost. We lost...big. Neither of those guys should've been in position to cash in like they did. I still think Bulaga shouldn't have been given an extension period given his horrific injury history and certainly not at 7 mil per. Cobb has been my main focus... that guy should've never ever ever sniffed 10 million. He only sniffed it because our org was too cheap to give him a very good offer back in 2013. We lost there. We lost millions. Conversely, we were brilliant on Aaron Rodgers years and years ago...we realized how great he was going to be and paid him a very good but not mega deal to extend him. That is EXACTLY the kind of thing we should've done with Randall that we didn't do but you don't get that at all and want to focus on something that doesn't really matter at all.

I get it, it is so much more fun to wave your Packer pennant and tell the world that your team won free agency and what a great job it did even though that isn't the truth. It's the exact opposite. Ol' uu tells you the truth and you go crazy. Had both of those guys walked you would be praising the org for how smart it was for not paying so much out to them. The org can't lose with Buck...he believes they're perfect and never wrong. They were wrong on Cobb...very wrong and they paid way too much because of it. Now get back to fantasy celebrating. Crank up some 1999 from Prince and shuffle, brother.

You know what you wrote,then YOU ACCUSE ME OF MAKING SHIT UP.

NOTHIMG BUT BULLSHIT!

BTW,

Once again I congratulate you for hijacking a thread and making it all about. You!

Sure would be nice to know those sources!

Fan Shout
    dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.