texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
I doubt we get him. New Orleans is more likely to throw bigger money at him. I'm hoping we de-emphasize the TE position this year in favor of a lot of WR-heavy packages, but if that doesn't happen, Gresham would seem to be a large upgrade from what we now have at TE.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
steveishere
8 years ago

He caught 62 balls and 5 TD's last season. 27 years old...ran 4.66... and is 6'5.

I found this hysterical reading from rotoworld.com:

Gresham's trip to Green Bay comes two days after he visited the Cardinals. He'd provide versatile depth behind the underwhelming duo of Andrew Quarless and Richard Rodgers. Signing Gresham could also make Quarless expendable following his early-July arrest on gun charges. When and where Gresham signs depends on the status of his surgically-repaired back. Gresham is best utilized as a blocker at this stage of his career, but is also a competent pass catcher.

---To everyone but some of the Packers fans here. I'm saddened nerd has me blocked. This is the exact kind of deprogramming he needs. 😂

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah if he were a Packers player you woudn't have hesitated to point out his "absolutely brutal" 7.4 yard average. For example the terrible combination of Rodgers and Quarless had 11 less catches but 180 more yards and the same TD

Like I said worth a look but nothing to get excited over. That article should read "he'd provide underwhelming depth behind an underwhelming duo". He looks like he'd be more of a lateral move than someone to vastly improve that position group.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Most training camps are within the next week or less and with each of the 32 teams having 90 man allotment, it is unreasonable to believe there is any available TE at this time that would vastly improve the group.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
8 years ago
The only TEs in history that have caught 50 passes in 1st 3 years are Ditka, Keith Jackson and Gresham.

He’s a mediocre run blocker; very good pass blocker.

He drove Bengals nuts, too many penalties way too many fumbles [11]. He’s above average in drops; but no Richard Rodgers. And its been said he wont play if he has the slightest injury. In 5 years he’s never played a full season; plus he had injuries at Oklahoma.

Bengals did not want to sign him and let him hit market and it was on a visit to Oakland that they found a bulging disc and he had surgery in March-very strange. Did he injure it in off season or are the Bengals med staff Bungals, as they used to say about team?
He has the speed to stretch the field; but in 5 years averaged only 9.7 yards/game. Some of this may be because of Dalton.

He’s a beast in the red zone; through 1st 4 years not a drop or fumble in red zone and he caught 70 % of his targets there; in 2015 he dropped a TD in NE game.

My take: He’s a looks like Tarzan plays like Cheeta too often [Chimps are smart for monkeys, but make dumb FB players]. He’s made of glass and I see no way with his lack of injury toughness that he’ll be effective some 6 months removed from back surgery. I think Perillo will be better overall than Gresham in 2015; better blocker, better hands and better route runner.

But, Perillo cant be great in 2015 and Gresham might be. If Ted Thompson is convinced Gresham will dedicate himself to quit playing like a moronic chimp and dedicate himself to making his route running an art; signs him for MINIMUM; then Gresham can play 1 year with AR, win the SB and get a big contract elsewhere for 2016 and beyond; leaving the Pack w/ a 5th round in 2017. If Gresham is smarter than a chimp; he’ll play for the min. with a great offense and great QB to get a bigger future prize and change his mental approach to the game.

But, if he remains the same ol’ Gresham, only now with a bad back; he will be worthless in GB.
uffda udfa
8 years ago
For a man made of glass he's missed 6 games in 5 years. Has 280 receptions in 5 years. Former 1st round pick. Highly touted coming out.

Would love to say Dalton sucks and that's the reason but AJ Green has thrived with the Red Rifle.

Ain't no way I wouldn't sign him and ditch Q in a heartbeat unless he's really not healthy.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Would love to say Dalton sucks and that's the reason but AJ Green has thrived with the Red Rifle.

Brandon Marshall
2007 : 102 receptions
2008 : 104 receptions
2012 : 118 receptions
2013 : 100 receptions

And his QB during those four hand picked seasons? Jay. Cutler.

[giddity]

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Yeah if he were a Packers player you woudn't have hesitated to point out his "absolutely brutal" 7.4 yard average. For example the terrible combination of Rodgers and Quarless had 11 less catches but 180 more yards and the same TD

Like I said worth a look but nothing to get excited over. That article should read "he'd provide underwhelming depth behind an underwhelming duo". He looks like he'd be more of a lateral move than someone to vastly improve that position group.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

He's got a chance to beat out Quarless, not Richard Rodgers.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

He's got a chance to beat out Quarless, not Richard Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If they sign Gresham, he should be the starter easily beating out Richard Rodgers.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
8 years ago
If healthy enough, I'd like to see it. It might not pan out, but at least it provides the chance at another decent rotational player that knows the game. I think he would work well with Aaron Rodgers. But who wouldn't.
Barfarn
8 years ago

For a man made of glass he's missed 6 games in 5 years. Has 280 receptions in 5 years. Former 1st round pick. Highly touted coming out.

First your wrong because you're not taking into account PO games he missed, plus he suffered at least 2 knee injuries in two different preseasons.

Second, You cant purport knowledge just by looking in a stat book and parsing the numbers in a way that favors your agenda. Ya gotta watch the games.

Third, The impact of Injuries on a team are often less about how many games are missed and more about how the practice week is made less efficient by players not practicing and how quality of play is downgraded when one plays w/ injury after not practicing all week. Packer example: In years past Tramon played well w/ injuries; but in 2014, Tramon's 3-4 games after being injured in the Miami game was by far the worst stretch of play of his career. This is why it was okay to move on because; two things happen w/ age: players miss more games and dont play as well in games in which their injured. AND MOST PLAYERS ARE INJURED MOST OF THE TIME. If Tramon is out for 1-2 or 3 games; it's easier on the team. Next man up: Hayward plays outside and practices all week, everyone gets comfy with one another; practice is efficient and in the game Capers, safeties aren't tryin' to compensate or adjust if Tramon needs to be pulled or needs extra help due to injury.

Here's just one example of what Cincy fans hated about glassman Gresham: The week of Nov. 7, 2013, he tweaks his groin doesn't know when it happened. Missed one game playing 2 over the next 3 weeks he had 8 tar; 2 catches and 27 yards. Then on Dec 15, 2103 he left Pitt game hip injury. On December 22, he left Minnesota game w/ a hamstring injury.

In 2014 missed Cleveland game [Week 15] with a toe injury; Left Pitts game w/ back injury week 17; was questionable and missed Indy PO game w/ back issue. Then had a bulging disc. Every part of Gresham's body has appeared on a myriad of injury reports over 5 years-he might lead the league in injury report appearances.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.