Barfarn
8 years ago

If they sign Gresham, he should be the starter easily beating out Richard Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

ONLY IF, Gresham proves he wont fumble; wont commit stupid penalties; wont miss 90% of practice while sitting in hot tub; and dedicates himself to improving route running.
DoddPower
8 years ago

First your wrong because you're not taking into account PO games he missed, plus he suffered at least 2 knee injuries in two different preseasons.

Second, You cant purport knowledge just by looking in a stat book and parsing the numbers in a way that favors your agenda. Ya gotta watch the games.

Third, The impact of Injuries on a team are often less about how many games are missed and more about how the practice week is made less efficient by players not practicing and how quality of play is downgraded when one plays w/ injury after not practicing all week. Packer example: In years past Tramon played well w/ injuries; but in 2014, Tramon's 3-4 games after being injured in the Miami game was by far the worst stretch of play of his career. This is why it was okay to move on because; two things happen w/ age: players miss more games and dont play as well in games in which their injured. AND MOST PLAYERS ARE INJURED MOST OF THE TIME. If Tramon is out for 1-2 or 3 games; it's easier on the team. Next man up: Hayward plays outside and practices all week, everyone gets comfy with one another; practice is efficient and in the game Capers, safeties aren't tryin' to compensate or adjust if Tramon needs to be pulled or needs extra help due to injury.

Here's just one example of what Cincy fans hated about glassman Gresham: The week of Nov. 7, 2013, he tweaks his groin doesn't know when it happened. Missed one game playing 2 over the next 3 weeks he had 8 tar; 2 catches and 27 yards. Then on Dec 15, 2103 he left Pitt game hip injury. On December 22, he left Minnesota game w/ a hamstring injury.

In 2014 missed Cleveland game [Week 15] with a toe injury; Left Pitts game w/ back injury week 17; was questionable and missed Indy PO game w/ back issue. Then had a bulging disc. Every part of Gresham's body has appeared on a myriad of injury reports over 5 years-he might lead the league in injury report appearances.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Even if Barfan's statements are correct, it stills seems like a move that would be worth the relatively low risk involved. I think he would easily be the best option at tight end out side of Richard Rodgers. I do think Richard Rodgers will be every bit as good, or better than Gresham, though. He's going to take the next step into a decent average tight end. Even if that's still underwhelming.

nerdmann
8 years ago

First your wrong because you're not taking into account PO games he missed, plus he suffered at least 2 knee injuries in two different preseasons.

Second, You cant purport knowledge just by looking in a stat book and parsing the numbers in a way that favors your agenda. Ya gotta watch the games.

Third, The impact of Injuries on a team are often less about how many games are missed and more about how the practice week is made less efficient by players not practicing and how quality of play is downgraded when one plays w/ injury after not practicing all week. Packer example: In years past Tramon played well w/ injuries; but in 2014, Tramon's 3-4 games after being injured in the Miami game was by far the worst stretch of play of his career. This is why it was okay to move on because; two things happen w/ age: players miss more games and dont play as well in games in which their injured. AND MOST PLAYERS ARE INJURED MOST OF THE TIME. If Tramon is out for 1-2 or 3 games; it's easier on the team. Next man up: Hayward plays outside and practices all week, everyone gets comfy with one another; practice is efficient and in the game Capers, safeties aren't tryin' to compensate or adjust if Tramon needs to be pulled or needs extra help due to injury.

Here's just one example of what Cincy fans hated about glassman Gresham: The week of Nov. 7, 2013, he tweaks his groin doesn't know when it happened. Missed one game playing 2 over the next 3 weeks he had 8 tar; 2 catches and 27 yards. Then on Dec 15, 2103 he left Pitt game hip injury. On December 22, he left Minnesota game w/ a hamstring injury.

In 2014 missed Cleveland game [Week 15] with a toe injury; Left Pitts game w/ back injury week 17; was questionable and missed Indy PO game w/ back issue. Then had a bulging disc. Every part of Gresham's body has appeared on a myriad of injury reports over 5 years-he might lead the league in injury report appearances.

We all know how our medical staff feels about spinal injuries.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I can't parse stats and have to watch games to see he appeared in 6 less than the max in the regular season? It is a FACT he appeared in all but 6 games in his career out of the 80 in the regular season. Not sure I need to watch the games for that to be correct.

Aaron Rodgers has missed far more games than this guy and you should be referring to Aaron as sugar glass if you're calling Gresham made of glass. If you want to question his toughness that is a different argument, but there is no argument that this guy was available and appeared in 74 of 80 regular season games in his career.

You've "watched the games"? For someone who has you sure quote Bengals FANS opinion about him. That is as skewed as some of the opinions on our players.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackerTraxx
8 years ago
If they're confident he can make the team better sign him. But I think these are all moot points...Richard Rodgers is going to have a very good year. 😎
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
musccy
8 years ago

If they're confident he can make the team better sign him. But I think these are all moot points...Richard Rodgers is going to have a very good year. 😎

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

You're only as good as your depth, though, as we saw in 2010.

Most of us didn't follow him all too closely while he was in Cinncy, and the fact that the Bengals didn't want their 1st rounder back adds credence to the points Barfarn is making. That said, I find it hard to believe he couldn't add productive depth to the roster, even if only as a more situational red zone threat.

I'm typically in the 🇹🇹 boat and side with allowing young talent to flourish in lieu of stop gaps with vets, but JG seems like such a cheap relatively risk free option at a position that appears to be about the thinnest on the team.
sschind
8 years ago

This is nothing like the Reggie situation. Gresham is a decade younger and plays a position where the Packers severely lack depth AND have a pending suspension. I don't know if Gresham will pan out, but his odds are much higher than Wayne.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I agree his odds would be much higher, and like I said it makes even more sense. IMO it is similar just because I am not as convinced that we have a stable of all pro WRs behind our top two as some people seem to be. A veteran presence at either position would provide an upgrade especially in case of injury.

If I had to choose one or the other though, assuming both are healthy, I'd go with Gresham just because I think or TE position is a bigger weakness.
nerdmann
8 years ago
Might be opening a roster spot  for him.

The Green Bay Packers have released CB Bernard Blake. The transaction was announced Friday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
hardrocker950
8 years ago
He signed a 1 year deal with Arizona today.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

He signed a 1 year deal with Arizona today.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

LOL! It's because Richard Rodgers is the next Shannon Sharpe.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.