nerdmann
8 years ago

I'm not sure if this guy has an opinion worthy of noting. All he's done is win a Super Bowl MVP and two NFL MVP's, but has he ever coached?

For being an emerging star, I would have expected to hear more about Davante Adams.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Who says Ted doesn't have elite WRs?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

That's right...Jeff Janis!

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The problem is the definition of Elite and context it is used.

The last elite WR the Packers had was Javon Walker and I'm applying elite as in talent, not production. The last one prior to Walker was Sterling Sharpe who was elite in talent and production.

As for the current WR of the Packers. Jordy Nelson has produced closer to an elite level for more than one season, something we can't say about Randall Cobb just yet.

So if you're going to say elite talent, I don't think the Packers have an elite talented WR, but I would say last season, they had two WR that produced on an elite level.

Make sense?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

The last elite WR the Packers had was Javon Walker and I'm applying elite as in talent, not production. The last one prior to Walker was Sterling Sharpe who was elite in talent and production.

As for the current WR of the Packers. Jordy Nelson has produced closer to an elite level for more than one season, something we can't say about Randall Cobb just yet.

So if you're going to say elite talent, I don't think the Packers have an elite talented WR, but I would say last season, they had two WR that produced on an elite level.

Make sense?

I'm happy with Jordy and Randall... very good guys...Cobb is just getting started. Jordy is a solid solid player for us.

My issue was the idea that the article was actually praising NOT drafting talents like Dez Bryant and then bragging we had a bunch of guys who WEREN'T at his level. That's just stupid.

Jordy and RC18 aren't the problem. It would be nice to have a Dez Bryant type talent and we should try to draft one if the chance comes around again.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

Make sense?

They had Janis last year. 😎
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
8 years ago

I'm happy with Jordy and Randall... very good guys...Cobb is just getting started. Jordy is a solid solid player for us.

My issue was the idea that the article was actually praising NOT drafting talents like Dez Bryant and then bragging we had a bunch of guys who WEREN'T at his level. That's just stupid.

Jordy and RC18 aren't the problem. It would be nice to have a Dez Bryant type talent and we should try to draft one if the chance comes around again.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

To me, part of this debate is about "need." I say this reluctantly because I'm a fan of B.A.P. - we didn't NEED AR, but it's never bad to have too much talent. If we had Calvin, with the rest of the roster being equal - sure that'd be sweet!

However, the Packers have built a very successful WR group heretofore. If they go after another "elite" wr in the draft, that could have been at the expense of Lacy, Linsley, HaHa, or whomever. Is the talent at WR holding the team back right now? It certainly didn't vs. Seattle. I've harped on the 2 PBers, no elite SB WR points before as well. This isn't the limiting factor with this team - presumably TE, LB, DL, and maybe DBs ARE what could hold this team back.

I feel like we're complaining to our neighbor that we're driving a 2014 Audi A8 to work instead of the 2015 model, while he has a rusting 1996 Geo Prizm parked in his driveway.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

To me, part of this debate is about "need." I say this reluctantly because I'm a fan of B.A.P. - we didn't NEED AR, but it's never bad to have too much talent. If we had Calvin, with the rest of the roster being equal - sure that'd be sweet!

However, the Packers have built a very successful WR group heretofore. If they go after another "elite" wr in the draft, that could have been at the expense of Lacy, Linsley, HaHa, or whomever. Is the talent at WR holding the team back right now? It certainly didn't vs. Seattle. I've harped on the 2 PBers, no elite SB WR points before as well. This isn't the limiting factor with this team - presumably TE, LB, DL, and maybe DBs ARE what could hold this team back.

I feel like we're complaining to our neighbor that we're driving a 2014 Audi A8 to work instead of the 2015 model, while he has a rusting 1996 Geo Prizm parked in his driveway.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

If we had taken Dez instead of Bulaga... just think about that...we wouldn't have needed to use a pick on Davante...who knows who we would've ended up with instead? We may not have drafted either Cobb or Adams. We'd still have Dez and Jordy. I think that's pretty darn impressive.
UserPostedImage

musccy
8 years ago

If we had taken Dez instead of Bulaga... just think about that...we wouldn't have needed to use a pick on Davante...who knows who we would've ended up with instead? We may not have drafted either Cobb or Adams. We'd still have Dez and Jordy. I think that's pretty darn impressive.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I still don't get why you want Dez so much. Myriad character issues with a high price tag that averages 4 million over what either Cobb or Jordy makes which then adds to the butterfly effect you alluded to across the roster - who else aren't the Packers then affording?

Again, why is the Packers' WR situation so dire now that they need an elite WR/have been hindered by a lack of one? I'm not anti elite WRs, but I just don't get why dwell on it - it seems like the least of the Packers' concerns.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

I still don't get why you want Dez so much. Myriad character issues with a high price tag that averages 4 million over what either Cobb or Jordy makes which then adds to the butterfly effect you alluded to across the roster - who else aren't the Packers then affording?

Again, why is the Packers' WR situation so dire now that they need an elite WR/have been hindered by a lack of one? I'm not anti elite WRs, but I just don't get why dwell on it - it seems like the least of the Packers' concerns.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Why I want Dez is because I wanted him so badly that night and we ended up with Bryan freaking Bulaga. I said that night that he would be nothing but a decent RT at the NFL level and would never be the LT they drafted him to be in the 1st round. You'll have to take my word but I got that one dead right.

Dez does have tons of character issues. He may have had a better time in Green Bay than he did down here in Dallas.

It's impossible to say what would've happened had we taken Dez back then. Hard for you to say that it seems dumb I want Dez now given we ended up with Cobb.

Jordy and Dez. Think about that. Unreal. What a pair they would be. You could still have Davante and Janis and all the others if you had Jordy and Dez. Heck, you could have Cobb, too. You probably would've let RC18 walk and retained Dez but who really knows.
UserPostedImage

Barfarn
8 years ago
If the offense calls for the WR to run a bunch of go routes to open up the run game and catch some jump balls; Randy moss, dez bryant, Justin Blackmon are the guys.

If the O requires a modicum of intelligence by the WR to understand a route tree and how to get open on a timing pattern, then Jordy and Cobb are infinitely better than Dez or Moss. In MM's offense Jordy and Cobb would be FAR more productive then those egocentric mental cases both on the field and in the locker room.

That's why Ted Thompson is successful w/ WRs, he drafts guys with a brain and a heart and avoids the childish athletic pea brained sociopaths.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.