nerdmann
8 years ago

oooooh - the truth comes out: the alter ego of uffda udfa is not me, but ....... drumroll ........ Dakota!

Seriously, where do they get off saying "POPULAR belief the Packer sky is falling"? No way anybody in his right mind thought that before, much less after beating a team like New England - make that dominating them.

Regarding Nerd's "self-shitting" fetish and more precisely the claim they "played not to lose", how can you make that claim when we go for it all those times on 4th down and twice for 2 point conversions?

Regarding the post quoted here, no, we didn't need to spend big or draft high to upgrade TE. It just ain't that important a position in the Packers offense. And we have plenty of excellence now at WR. The Red Zone problem was the O Line - and hopefully this is easy to adjust and fix. They allowed a heavy pass rush with so few Patriot players involved that New England was able to really load up the secondary. There was a traffic jam in the endzone.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Dakota doesn't sound emotionally contracted and intellectually stulted like you do.

As for the "self shitting:"

1: This was a preseason game.

2: Mike is no longer calling plays. Hopefully that situation has been addressed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
8 years ago
During the "Finley era" our RZ offense was quite good causing some [myself included] to believe a causal relation existed between Finley and RZ efficiency. But, if we look at the games were Finley played and didn't; we see the RZ O was no better or worse w/ Finley on or off the field.

Counter- intuitively, our RZ difficulties have arisen with the emergence of Lacy!

On 1st and 10 at the 8, prior to Lacy Mike McCarthy knew we had to throw to score a TD and took 3 chances throwing to get the TD.

Now with Lacy, our tendency on 1st down, Mike McCarthy calls Lacy's #. And the Ds learned this tendency and expected us to run. If Lacey gets zip, we now have reduced our chances to score by 33%. If Lacy gets 5, we run on second, then run on 3rd and 1 w/ a "power formation" and kick a FG.

The problem is our O-line. As good as they are; they are not road graders. Lacy's yards come from the OL using trap blocks; creating cut back lanes, by pushing DLman in the direction they're already heading; walling off or reach blocking to prevent a DLman from getting to hole; OL , TEs and WR blocking exceptionally on 2nd and 3rd levels; etc. But ask them to move 4 DL back one yard on 3rd and 1 or 2; they simply stink. And last yr our best road grader's toe [Sitton] de-road graded him.

Success in the RZ will return in 2015, because Mike McCarthy has self-scouted the said tendencies and weaknesses. All of us, if rooting for the team GB was playing, and opposing DCs love it when the ball is taken from AR's hands. Also helping is the drafting of a beast-like, TE-like WR [Monty] and the emergence of wide-butt max catch-radiused Rodgers.
earthquake
8 years ago

What I get upset about with some of the posters in this forum is exactly what is going on right now. We do not have a number 1 elite receiver, and haven't had that since Sterling Sharpe. Our tight ends SUCK. A few of us point these things out and get ridiculed for it. Wouldn't this red zone efficiency be better if we had a player that could catch the jump balls? Wouldn't that open things up for everybody else, and make us a more potent offense? A discussion on this isn't even warranted, because we got hot in 2010 and won a super bowl? Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are water walkers?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

More absurd hyperbole. Why is the only option complacency or not caring if the packers improve, and wanting absolute perfection no matter how insane the cost? There is a perfectly reasonable mid-ground for discussion if you're willing to let go of your ego, drop the attachment to absolute extremes and have an adult conversation.

Most reasonable people here understand the Packers can do better in most areas, and would be thrilled to see improvement. Suggesting otherwise is down right asinine.
blank
DakotaT
8 years ago

More absurd hyperbole. Why is the only option complacency or not caring if the packers improve, and wanting absolute perfection no matter how insane the cost? There is a perfectly reasonable mid-ground for discussion if you're willing to let go of your ego, drop the attachment to absolute extremes and have an adult conversation.

Most reasonable people here understand the Packers can do better in most areas, and would be thrilled to see improvement. Suggesting otherwise is down right asinine.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

OK, when we're kicking field goals instead of scoring touchdowns and narrowly winning games instead of blowing people out, or shitting ourselves, we'll revisit this absurdity. We don't have a tight end threat, and our receivers struggle getting separation against quality corners.

Do we have a good team, of course we do, but I watched this movie before at the tale end of Wolf's tenure and the disaster that was Mike Sherman. If all we get is one championship from Aaron Rodgers' career, then the Packers blew it, again. Somewhere Carmen Policy and Eddie DeBartelo will be laughing their asses off.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

The "middle ground" and "adult conversation" that you seek is that of losing when it counts. I have never seen any of the "adult" "middle grounders" ever admit that our TE's SUCK. Nope. It's Richard Rodgers is gonna be (insert whichever superlative you wish) and Davante is ready for superstardom because Mike McCarthy said he was MVP of OTA's and Aaron said something nice about him. The desire to believe in things that aren't there is NOT ADULT it is NOT MIDDLE GROUND it is a complete avoidance of THE TRUTH...and real adults don't avoid the truth. Adults speak the truth and desire to rectify things that aren't operating at maximum capacity. Fantasy landers love livin' where they live because facts and reality never have to enter in and when they do it's extremely upsetting and perceived as trolling negativity.

Nobody here has an ego as far as I can tell...there are those who are happy with division titles and love talking about how other teams wish they had it as good as us and then there are others who see we have maybe the greatest QB to ever play and are pissed that we're squandering his career with not going full tilt to win. NOBODY can argue that we are going full tilt. Instead I see the happy crowd celebrating CAP SPACE. Yes, CAP SPACE, while Aaron ticks into his 30's. No TE...and a D that still blows after countless top picks. Yes, let's be happy because we can ride the back of our HOF QB to another playoff exit. We can then get excited and blow out of proportion all the guys who didn't get it done this year and talk of how they will next because that's what our program does...produces stars after a few years. That's the Packer way, right?

Dakota...NEVER stop. NEVER. Be you not them. We have more than enough them here.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
8 years ago

All of us Packers fans want improvement in the Packers team... but most of us also seem to understand that this isn't a video game where you can create players and stack your team unstoppable players.

Yes the Packers have some weaknesses... just like all the teams since Vince Lombardi's Packers...
UserPostedImage
earthquake
8 years ago
This is some expert grade straw-manning. By all means, continue to set up your toy soldiers so you can knock them down, puff up your chest and feel good about yourselves. You keep making statements about what everyone else thinks, but rarely do the people you're accusing of holding such opinions actually express those thoughts themselves. Nerd may be a bit of an exception here, but I'm not convinced he doesn't do this simply to mess with you guys.

Again, you jump to the absolute extreme to try to make your point seem to have more impact. Yelling louder and more frequently doesn't give your opinion more merit or relevance. Tell me what your opinion actually is, rather than what mine is, and we might begin to have reasonable discourse.
blank
musccy
8 years ago

Nobody here has an ego as far as I can tell...there are those who are happy with division titles and love talking about how other teams wish they had it as good as us and then there are others who see we have maybe the greatest QB to ever play and are pissed that we're squandering his career with not going full tilt to win. NOBODY can argue that we are going full tilt. Instead I see the happy crowd celebrating CAP SPACE. Yes, CAP SPACE, while Aaron ticks into his 30's. No TE...and a D that still blows after countless top picks.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Great, more straw man arguments instead of actually responding to relevant points.

Anyway, so the relevant discussion is about the Packers having no TE for the RZ...what should they have (or still could do) to rectify the situation?

1) Draft - who should the Packers have picked, and in what round in lieu of Monty, Rollins, etc?
OR
2) FA - who should the Packers have signed (or still could)?
OR
3) Trade - who and how should the Packers have traded for (or still could)? If it's Jimmy G, since he cost an All Pro and a 1st, what do you give up for in order to obtain him?

FYI - I was hoping Ted would have kicked the tires on Gresham just.

uffda udfa
8 years ago

This is some expert grade straw-manning. By all means, continue to set up your toy soldiers so you can knock them down, puff up your chest and feel food about yourselves. You keep making statements about what everyone else thinks, but rarely do the people you're accusing of holding such opinions actually express those thoughts themselves. Nerd may be a bit of an exception here, but I'm not convinced he doesn't do this simply to mess with you guys.

Again, you jump to the absolute extreme to try to make your point seem to have more impact. Yelling louder and more frequently doesn't give your opinion more merit or relevance. Tell me what your opinion actually is, rather than what mine is, and we might begin to have reasonable discourse.

If you told us exactly what it was and not speak in generalizations there would be no need for us to pigeonhole you the way we do... but, I really do believe the reason you don't is because we're right and saying nothing is the best course of action for you. That is my opinion. It might be wrong.

You want discourse then give it. Tell us how you feel about our TE position. Tell us how you feel about our overloaded with 1st round picks defense and tell us why it sucks, if you even think it does in the first place? Tell us how you feel about having the greatest QB of all time and routinely getting knocked out of the playoffs? Why does that happen?

A lot of this stuff has already been put out there. The majority here IS happy with the way things are. Good is the enemy of great. I see it in your postings all the time. Good is not good enough. Comparing us to Cleveland and their jealousy is an awfully childish way to speak about YOUR team. Cleveland and it's fans aren't relevant as aren't any others. Why is it you don't want to maximize this team's ability to get to the show and win? Why? Oh, it's NOT a video game where we can have studs everywhere? No duh. We have an all world QB and what else is great or even close that? I love RC18 but he's not the elite of elite. Nobody on D is even close to that. We have one superstar and a bunch of good players. Lacy might be ready to make the leap to superstar this season. It's PATHETIC that we have a TE position group like we do. Not a single good player there...a middling talent in Quarless an unknown in Rodgers and junk after that that ain't ready to take us anywhere. The D? DL is as bad as I can remember. Raji jumped the shark years ago. Guion is a meathead who played last year to resurrect a career that was on the verge of ending. Datone Jones is a JOKE of a 1st round pick. Who else? Pennel and Gaston? Are you kidding me? Those are the guys who are taking us places? A 2nd OLB has been an issue for how long now? Now, we're going to have to use our only good one at ILB. Oh, wait...we have a middle aged tall guy at OLB this season. Team doesn't even know if it wants to play him full time anymore. It's unreal. We have to take our star OLB and make him an ILB because we suck so bad there. All the while, lets not forget we just can't ever spend money on proven players unless their careers are over. We'd rather use some UDFA who sucks vs. a real player because of cost. We have the cap but we'll sit on it and live with guys who suck instead of spending where we could to help. (Here comes the tired question: Who could we have added?) this isn't just about THIS offseason, it's about the last 10. We all saw what Charles Woodson meant to us. Pickett, too. Good thing nobody wanted either or we wouldn't have gotten either of them. It just sucks sometimes to be a Packer fan despite how awesome it is to celebrate that Browns fans must be jealous.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
8 years ago

Dakota...NEVER stop. NEVER. Be you not them. We have more than enough them here.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

That's one thing you don't need to worry about Uffda!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (8h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (8h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (11h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (12h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (15h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (16h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (21h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.