Zero2Cool
8 years ago
What I have liked about James Starks is he is a pile moving and a thumper. I didn't see that same aggression in his running this last exhibition game. If I base my opinion off his last "game" action, no, he is not safe and wasn't coming into the season. I think only Aaron and Clay are truly safe.
UserPostedImage
sschind
8 years ago

I would likely use the selection Sunday method for the NCAA BB tourney and just rip the committee for the guys who made it over other more deserving guys in my eyes. That's just some straight shooting.

A couple of more games and weeks for me to mull this over. Should be fun.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Let someone else do the heavy lifting and then rip their results. That's how I prefer to do it too 😉

I'd never criticize, well not much anyway, someone else's attempt. I may criticize some of their logic (like beast said) but as to why they would choose one guy over another (Rolle over Goodson last year is a perfect example) if I didn't see enough of either of them to form my own opinion how can I challenge someone else's.

Not to keep harping on the 2 RB thing because you have explained yourself, I don't think its a sound strategy to just keep 2 so I may disagree with doing as far as keeping one over another for the #3 I can disagree and argue with you but I can't really discount your opinion.

Beyond certain depth requirements its all open as far as I am concerned. I also realize that people may disagree with what that certain depth requirement is. Some people might think that 6th WR is essential while others may be fine with 5 while, truth be told, you could get by with 4 or even 3 if you really wanted to take chances with your roster.
Bigbyfan
8 years ago

What I have liked about James Starks is he is a pile moving and a thumper. I didn't see that same aggression in his running this last exhibition game. If I base my opinion off his last "game" action, no, he is not safe and wasn't coming into the season. I think only Aaron and Clay are truly safe.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It took him a few plays to get going, but I saw the same slashing Starks that I've seen the past couple years. Made a couple catches for first downs.
blank
uffda udfa
8 years ago

It took him a few plays to get going, but I saw the same slashing Starks that I've seen the past couple years. Made a couple catches for first downs.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

One thing I can say about James if/when he goes. I will miss his running style...he looks cool when he's running and nobody does that ball through the legs thing he does all the time when he gets tackled. He has some unique about him.

Oh, and for ripping 53 roster attempts...I don't really do that when it comes to the fans so much...I'm speaking from when Ted Thompson and co. decide the final group. You brought up the best example...Rolle should've made it based on performance over Goodson. That is a fact. As many Goodson supporters noted, it may just have been they thought Goodson had more upside, but I have no doubt draft status played a role no pun intended. Of course, a drafted guy vs. a UDFA by definition means an org was higher on the draftee because they could've drafted the UDFA but chose not to.

I'll give you an example for this year...If Janis gets cut and we kept a 4th RB I'd be livid. I'd be upset if we kept a 3rd RB and ditched him also, at this point. I don't want to see some guy who might be able to help us depart. IE: Larry Pinkard. I love that guy. Back when I got the news that night we signed him...I YouTubed almost every UDFA and was really impressed with him. His story is sad...he screwed himself. Small school guy like him usually doesn't get the chance he's getting. He may be Charles Johnson in a sense. Guy just had a look on the field of a baller. A real WR. If we cut Pinkard to keep some scrub OL or ILB or RB or whatever, I'm not going to like that at all. I'll be fine if he gets cut and actually make it to the PS. So, right now, I want 6 WR's with Pinkard being one. I really prefer going light at a position than to give up a potentially really good player at a stacked position. It makes much more sense to cut the scrub OL and carry the good WR because NOBODY is going to pilfer the scrub OL from our PS where they might steal our good WR as happened to Charles Johnson.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
8 years ago

I'll give you an example for this year...If Janis gets cut and we kept a 4th RB I'd be livid. ... I don't want to see some guy who might be able to help us depart. IE: Larry Pinkard. I love that guy. ... If we cut Pinkard to keep some scrub OL or ILB or RB or whatever, I'm not going to like that at all. I'll be fine if he gets cut and actually make it to the PS. So, right now, I want 6 WR's with Pinkard being one. I really prefer going light at a position than to give up a potentially really good player at a stacked position. It makes much more sense to cut the scrub OL and carry the good WR

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

One of the reasons I was hoping you'd do that 53 man roster, was to see what positions other than QB and WR you liked... because I seems like you love the WR position and could live without all the rest. Assuming you're not going to want to keep 10 WRs on the roster, there has to be another position you like... right?

Or at the very least another position you'd put more depth at than what would be normally expected, or at least a different player. Unless you only like the WR position... and got a thing for them.

Do you like anyone on defense? any positions on defense? ... or positions on offense other than QB and WR?

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (6h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (6h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (6h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (7h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (22h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (22h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (22h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.