dfosterf
15 years ago

Ted Thompson has his shit together. He always has. Sorry he doesn't follow down the path of least resistance by resigning aged and/or non-commited football players. It would be very easy to do, as those players have contributed in the past, and the fanbase has an emotional attachment to them. Sorry he doesn't go out in the free agent market and sign "big splash" players in order to appease some folks need for off-season excitement. That would also be easy to do, as the fanbase leans toward the "big-name". He is doing what he has always done, QUIETLY doing the best thing for the Green Bay Packers, as he sees it at the time. Does he make mistakes? You bet he does. One Harrell of a lot fewer of them than he gets credit for, even when his critics have the complete luxury of 20/20 vision in HINDSIGHT. Those jerk-offs that wore those Ted Thompson Sucks/swallows shirts to Lambeau disgust me. That kid and mostly his father that told Aaron Rodgers he sucks disgust me. Anybody that continues to bash on Aaron Rodgers at this point, after all the crap he had to endure these past few months... well, I'll just speak for him, as he was as right then as I am now... You just need to support Aaron Rodgers or shut up... it really is that simple. You may not believe it, but us Ted Thompson supporters got to listen to the Favre love-fest/Ted Thompson hate-fest and grew so friggin' tired of it that many of us are absolutely convinced that those that continue to bash on Ted Thompson are not fans of the Green Bay Packers. Entitled to their opinion? Fans? NO. ... and if you think it wasn't wise to pay Aaron Rodgers this contract, this fan thinks you are either so biased against Ted Thompson and/or Aaron Rodgers that you cannot even recognize brilliance when it's staring you right in the face... so like my boy Aaron said, I think you ought to just shut up about it.... FOR ONCE.

"dhazer" wrote:

hey sod where can i find one of those Ted Thompson sucks shirts? So let me get this straight if i don't love Ted Thompson and Rodgers i'm not a packer fan ? and no i won't shutup because as a fan i have a right to speak. Btw i don't agree with the contract make him play out his contarct and throw the franchise tag on him if he does well, hell they are paying him that money now anyhows.What happens if he has a season ending injury sunday you still going to stand behind your remarks?

"dfosterf" wrote:

I left out a "yes" in my post. I fixed it. You are entitled to your opinion, thing is, I already know where your opinion is going to go before you even post it. Now, that could be due to my absolute brilliance and foresight- and my wife will tell you that is quite impossible- or it COULD be due to the fact that virtually without exception when there is an avenue to criticize TT, that is the avenue that you and to a much larger degree Roddyboy will pursue. So, my OPINION is that you should keep your own counsel in the Aaron Rodgers signing thread, much like many of my fellow posters that share my viewpoint have been admonished to stay out of the we love brett so much me wish we could service him rubber room.
dhazer
15 years ago
Sod sorry i just don't understand all the praise for Ted Thompson i went through all the drafts since he took over and saw alot of players he made mistakes on. As far as the contract i believe a player should play out their current contract unless they have proven for 3 years they are that good. I'm just a little gun shy i guess i didn't think Grant deserved the big bucks nor do i think Rodgers does. Packer history has shown that its not a good thing to do. Remember Freeman wanted big bucks and got it after 1 year and he didn't do the same after, how about Levens he signed the big contract an was out of the Packers 2 years later. Thats why i'm against the one year wonders getting the big payday. I also believe rookies should have a cap on contracts, they get huge money with no stats to back it up. Maybe now you will see why im against the Rodgers extension, kinda funny Jennings turns it down and says after the season but Rodgers jumps right on it, maybe he plans on another night out this time maybe spend 1600 bucks and leave a $20 tip lol 😉
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Sod sorry i just don't understand all the praise for Ted Thompson

No one needs to read anymore and you need not type anymore. Instead, you need to go back an watch the last two seasons of the Packers. If you can't see the progression and improvements from his moves... you don't need to follow the Packers anymore lol
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

Sod sorry i just don't understand all the praise for Ted Thompson i went through all the drafts since he took over and saw alot of players he made mistakes on. As far as the contract i believe a player should play out their current contract unless they have proven for 3 years they are that good. I'm just a little gun shy i guess i didn't think Grant deserved the big bucks nor do i think Rodgers does. Packer history has shown that its not a good thing to do. Remember Freeman wanted big bucks and got it after 1 year and he didn't do the same after, how about Levens he signed the big contract an was out of the Packers 2 years later. Thats why i'm against the one year wonders getting the big payday. I also believe rookies should have a cap on contracts, they get huge money with no stats to back it up. Maybe now you will see why im against the Rodgers extension, kinda funny Jennings turns it down and says after the season but Rodgers jumps right on it, maybe he plans on another night out this time maybe spend 1600 bucks and leave a $20 tip lol ;)

"dhazer" wrote:

Well, what you (and I) think it SHOULD be like in the NFL isn't what it IS like in the NFL. After all the bullshit Aaron Rodgers has put up with, he could have easily been pissed off at Green Bay, Wisconsin, and quietly said to himself, ya know self, these pricks can kiss my ass... I'm going somewhere that appreciates a good quarterback when they see one... For that matter, Ted Thompson could easily do the same. While many fans don't see the smarts, character, and courage of his convictions, you can bet your ass many prospective employers do. They are both quite marketable, thank you very much.
dingus
15 years ago
I think this was a great move, I've been thoroughly impressed with Rodgers this season and can't wait to see him in his second full year as starter without all the pre-season distractions he suffered through this year.

7th ranked QB in his first year, Hell yes you extend him! And he's injured!

What more do you need to see that will prove to you he's for real?
blank
dhazer
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No one needs to read anymore and you need not type anymore. Instead, you need to go back an watch the last two seasons of the Packers. If you can't see the progression and improvements from his moves... you don't need to follow the Packers anymore lol

stick to the thread its about the god rodgers :pottytrain2: but your right bustin has been the best 1st rounder ever hahaha

see i praise rodgers i have his siggy lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dingus
15 years ago
Name 1 GM that has hit on every pick he's ever made.

Come to think of it, name 1 other GM in the league.
blank
dfosterf
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

stick to the thread its about the god rodgers :pottytrain2: but your right bustin has been the best 1st rounder ever hahaha

see i praise rodgers i have his siggy lol

Ya, that loyalty to Aaron lasted about 30 minutes... Justin Harrell gets a lot of ribbing, especially from me. It is just that... ribbing. I'll bet you dollars to donuts when Bustin gets his ass on the field and stays healthy for more than a few weeks we will all be collectively impressed with that young man. He could easily become a mainstay in the D-line, and dhazer, I know you read what Bruce threw up stats-wise on Bustin for last year when he was in there (over in PC world). Guess what I REALLY think about Bustin Harrell? I think Ted Thompson made a hell of a good pick, and if I am right, I'll cut a deal with all the Ted Thompson bashers, if I'm right, you will at least recognize that Ted Thompson knows what he's doing, and if you are right, I'll STFU about how great Ted Thompson is. That's right, I'm putting my "put up or shut up" dead-square on the shoulders of Justin the bustin Harrell, or more accurately put, our next force to be reckoned with on the D-line. Aaron Rodgers has exceeded my very lofty expectations of him and just about everyone, especially in light of the crap he had to endure. That young man has got the future of the Green Bay Packers written all over him, and if that can't be seen by some, I have no friggin' clue what they are looking at.
longtimefan
15 years ago
HOW MANY GMS GOT THEIR TEAM TO THE NFCG GAME IN SAME AMOUNT OF TIME TED HAS
dfosterf
15 years ago
...And since I mentioned 20/20 hindsight, anyone that wants a really good laugh should take a moment to revisit the websites as pertains to the 2005 draft... you know, the one where Alex Smith was taken first and Aaron sat on his keester until the 24th pick. Now tell all of us about how dumb Ted Thompson is. I guess I can also give a nice shoutout to Brett Favre for vacillating enough that year to make the pick viable in BrettFavre is God world... just barely. Kindly make sure to put that pick in your calculations when you start bashing on Ted.