uffda udfa
8 years ago

Jordy is a HUGE loss, but I agree w/ Tex, Z2C and others: we’re not as good, but we got the WR horses to still be the best O. The scary thing is what happens if we lose Adams or Cobb for a period of time.

It’d be nice to have 1 more dependable WR and we may need him for POs, though come PO time Monty and Abby will be helping more and maybe Janis, but I don’t think his light is coming on this year, he’s gonna need more time.

If we get another WR, he’ll have to be experienced and be a decent route runner and/or have worked in our system in the past. Some thoughts on those discussed and other possibilities:

*James Jones signed a min deal w/ 80K signing bonus his cap hit is only $665K and he will be cut as he was signed only for injury protection and to help teach McAdoo’s system. The Giants insist their BU WRs play STs and Jones don’t play STs, so he will be cut unless one of the top 3 [ODB, Cruz, Randle] is a surprise cut or injured.

The Giants’ safeties have been decimated, a trade could be worked out now Jones for Fanor or Banjo [if GB don’t see him making the 53]. Banjo stayed on PS last year despite numerous offers, he may not do that this year given depth at S. Giants may also want Sebetic back.

*Jennings signed 2 years/8M/3M G, he is not gonna be cut, unless Dolphins see him as totally done and they’re not trading him and getting whacked for Signing bonus.

*Dorsey is out there; but he’d be in camp if he was worth a plugged nickel.

*Boykin went from being a probable cut by Car. to the bubble w/ Benjamin going to IR. Some psychological infliction must have hit him in 2014, if those inflictions were GB related, then there’s no point in bring him back; but if personal and cleared up, he’d be an asset.

Non GB dudes that might have value that could be acquired are:

1. Giants are loaded at WR and having been under McAdoo for 1.5 yrs the WRs already have insight into GB’s passing game. Soup Harris was placed on IR, bummer for us. They are like GB and will try to keep 5 WRs or 6 if quality or STs demand. Plus they are decimated at safety and we are deep there and every WR is better than their stats because Eli sucks. ODB, Cruz, Randle, D. Harris are locks and most believe Geremy Davis a 2015 6th rounder will be on 53, leaving at most 1 spot for Jones, Preston Parker, Corey Washington and Julian Talley; so 3, maybe all 4 will be cut if they see D, Harris as a slot guy capable of starting:

a. My favorite is Parker [2014: 56 (targets)-36-418-2, 4 drops, 0 fumbles] He’s a slot guy and returner, who’s jobs area all taken by D. Harris. Parker was dismissed from FSU after 3 arrests. Signed by TB in 2010 as an UDFA, had some success in 2011 [554 yrds, but 8 fumbles]. Sitting out of football in 2013 and working at Big Kahuna Tiki Huts [on his 1st day on the job he didn’t even have money to buy lunch] began Parker’s transition into being a man and appreciation for the privilege of being an NFL player. In ’14 he had 3 drops coming off bye in Indy and tweeted to fans such behavior is unacceptable and in next game was 7-7-79-1 @ Seattle and had no drops for rest of season. I don’t know if he’ll clear waivers, we may need to swap a 6th for a 7th or maybe they take Banjo or Richardson in trade. If we get him, it’ll payoff like Ryan Grant. And he’s a STer [had 1 fumble 21 KOR w/ 25 yrd avg; 1 Fum in 8 Punt ret and 64 other ST snaps w/ 3 tkls]. He’s playing for 4th yr min $$ and will be a UFA in 2016.

b. Corey Washington is 6-4 220lb outside WR from Newberry [Bostic’s school]. A 2014 UDFA signed by AZ and claimed by Giants and made 53; he was/is the Giants Janis x2 [He had 4 TDs last preseason, LOL] w/ some fans mad he hasn’t played more. But, he was active for 14 games in 2014 and had some production: 98 snaps on STs and in only 12 snaps had 6-4-48-1 v. Colts week 9. He’s in 2nd yr of min. rookie deal so 2 cheap yrs left.

c. Julian Talley-6’1”, 200, signed as an UDFA in 2012, he was on PS most of 2013 and 2014, but had 3 stints on the 53 being active 4 games in those 2 years. Has no O stats, but has 2 ST tackles in 2013 in 47 snaps. Dont know anything about him; but, Giants have kept him around the promotions may have been made to keep him from being raided.

2. J. Wright might get cut by Minn if they keep 5 WR.
3. Austin Collie is starting for BC Lions and has stat line of 26-284-4. With Abby and Austin we’d lead the league in concussions; but this guy if healthy would be a relative stud.
4. Pry Hakeem Nicks from Tennessee; he might be cut anyways signed a 1.4M y deal with 100K G.
5. Wayne If he has what he had last yr left in the tank, he’d be an asset-not sure how much $$ he wants gotta believe it’s the winning team he’s holding out for.
6. Jason Avant could provide dependable serviceable play.
7. Danarious Moore signed a min deal w/ Cincy for 25K G, I always liked him.
8. Kris Durham at Oak-wonder what his stats would look like with a real QB throwing to him, he's on a min deal.
9. Always liked Jeff Maehl at Philly on a min deal but he’s shown nothing yet on field.
10. Greg Salas in Det. might be ready to play like a man and maybe we can get some intel on Lions. He's on a 745K contract, 0 bonus and cap hit of $585,000.
11. Avery [Has the hops, but drops and poor route running probably renders him useless in GB].
12. Welker [We got a bunch of slot guys, plus I think, got no facts or evidence, he’s a cancerous a-hole].
13. Lloyd [not sure what is left in the tank, he’s was said by some to be a malcontent in Wash, but is a good enough route runner to help Packers]
14. Then Sanzenbacher, Hagen, Ogletree or Meacheam-blah.

In the Andre Rison vein:
1. Anyone know which fed lock-up slot guy and solid route running Devone Bess can be contacted at? The guy was a football player, w/ Rodgers and focus he’d have been really good. Oh and the nude photo he posted of himself in the mirror and marijuana pics he posted on Twitter should be constituted as art.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Your #5 guy signed with New England hours ago. A trade might be the better route. Are we seriously going to keep and or pay Hayward if our young guys are players? Nope...Casey would be a one year rental. Like in MLB, get rid of him before he goes Davon House on us. Get something for him now. Shoot, I'd trade Clay away for the right WR...any chance Reggie McKenzie gives us Amari Cooper straight up? Man, I deal Clay in a heartbeat for Amari.

Of your list, Nicks is the most enticing to me. Dorsey has retired from the NFL so he's out.

The most intriguing is Austin Concussion, I mean Collie.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (8h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (11h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.