lolleren
8 years ago
Time for Cobb to show he is worth his money, I thought we overpaid for a slot receiver and should have let him walk. Now is his chance to show he is not only the slot receiver I thought him to be.

Leaving him in the slot puts a huge burden on Adams and someone else(Would love that to be Janis to his growth, but unfortunately it might be by default.), and if they leave Cobb there, he is not worth his money in my opinion.

I think Rodgers is going to find it difficult without Jordy for an extended period, and really miss his ability to twist and turn his body on sideline catches when Rodgers moves outside the pocket.
blank
Barfarn
8 years ago
Cobb is not at all just a slot guy, i think I read he played 40% of his snaps outside. Just About every time you saw 2 WR or Addams in the slot; Cobb was outside.

GB usually pigeon-holes rookie WRs into one position so they master one instead of sucking at 4. I'm guessing Monty has been immersed at the Y [slot] since that is where he has been playing mostly. Janis typically lines up in the X, so that is the position they are trying to get him to master.

White has been playing mostly in Y, H and Z; but I’m sure he has all 4 positions mastered; he’s just a little slight to play X.

Addams and Cobb play the H, X, Y, and Z .

Note: I’m not sure how different the Y and H slots are in GB playbook.

Outside: w/ Addams and Cobb playing handling the X and Z; White the Z; Janis the X; I think Monty will stay in the slot until he has mastered it.

I expect us to start in next game Addams at X, Cobb - Z and White in Y. If Janis starts at X, Addams will go to Z and Cobb to Y and probably means they see Janis as able to play both X and Z and that would be GOOD NEWS.
luigis
8 years ago
This is a very interesting question because I really don't think Cobb nor Adams are pure outside WRs. In my humble opinion Montgomery is an outside WR and Janis too.

So my guess is that we'll see Montgomery & Adams or Montgomery & Cobb outside with the other guy playing the slot. Things get very interesting if Janis solves whatever his problems are and emerges as a valid option to play many offensive snaps. Then we could see Janis and Montgomery outside with Adams and Cobb inside.

This will present a very difficult problem for the opponents because if their two starting CBs cover Janis and Montgomery then Adams and Cobb will have a very productive day.

Myles White can play outside very well if he makes the team. I believe we are lucky to have so many options for such a terrible loss.

Luis
Barfarn
8 years ago

This is a very interesting question because I really don't think Cobb nor Adams are pure outside WRs. In my humble opinion Montgomery is an outside WR and Janis too.

So my guess is that we'll see Montgomery & Adams or Montgomery & Cobb outside with the other guy playing the slot. Things get very interesting if Janis solves whatever his problems are and emerges as a valid option to play many offensive snaps. Then we could see Janis and Montgomery outside with Adams and Cobb inside.

This will present a very difficult problem for the opponents because if their two starting CBs cover Janis and Montgomery then Adams and Cobb will have a very productive day.

Myles White can play outside very well if he makes the team. I believe we are lucky to have so many options for such a terrible loss.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Luis, agree with everything ya said except White is making the team...LOL [Unless they sign Jones, then maybe they try to get him back on PS, but if he gets good reps with AR, he's not making the PS].

I was shocked when Monty was drafted, seemed to make no sense. And 100% agree Monty would be a great outside receiver; but the second thing I thought of after him being KOR was him playing like a fast and big ole TE with a large catch radius guarded by a whispy little slot corner in the RZ. RZ is why they're immersing him in the slot.

Now that he's been immersing in the slot, i dont think they'll change it up, until later in the year after he's mastered it.
luigis
8 years ago

Luis, agree with everything ya said except White is making the team...LOL [Unless they sign Jones, then maybe they try to get him back on PS, but if he gets good reps with AR, he's not making the PS].

I was shocked when Monty was drafted, seemed to make no sense. And 100% agree Monty would be a great outside receiver; but the second thing I thought of after him being KOR was him playing like a fast and big ole TE with a large catch radius guarded by a whispy little slot corner in the RZ. RZ is why they're immersing him in the slot.

Now that he's been immersing in the slot, i dont think they'll change it up, until later in the year after he's mastered it.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

One thing that is putting Monty ahead of the others is that he showed a lot of interesting in studying the offense, and I mean the whole offense. Mike McCarthy said many times he was always asking questions in meetings and showing a lot of progress learning the system.

Maybe we drafted a genius and he can play inside or outside just as easily.

Luis
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Well, there's the answer... at least right now.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
8 years ago

One thing that is putting Monty ahead of the others is that he showed a lot of interesting in studying the offense, and I mean the whole offense. Mike McCarthy said many times he was always asking questions in meetings and showing a lot of progress learning the system.

Maybe we drafted a genius and he can play inside or outside just as easily.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Luis, no fair, Mike McCarthy is responding to your posts! LOL

Addams at X, Cobb Y and Monty at Z, for 1s in practice today. Wonder if this means Monty is breakin' in his second position in the 4th week of camp...Jennings was the only WR that I remember doing that and he was our #2 that year. Note: We lost to Bear 0-26 in week 1.

So maybe Monty is a genius or Janis and White not so much.

Abby was watching practice today, speculation was he's nearing end of protocol.
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Janis scored 30 on the wonderlic.... 88 cent scored 24. Janis is definitely smart but may not be football savvy like Montgomery appears to be but then, again, we don't know that for sure.

Coaches don't say too much about Janis...MM said he was an olympian type guy in the weight room and that he was ready by late November last year...Van Pelt ripped him pretty good the other day which is pretty unusual from a position coach. It's weird too see a player ripped by a HC much less a positional coach.

Janis may be a heckuva lot further along as speculated here and elsewhere...only the guys at 1265 truly know.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Hey Janis! They are angry at you because they care. They see your potential. They want you to seize the moment my friend. DO EEEET!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
8 years ago
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=21281&is_corp=1 

“If we’re in a three-receiver set, most likely I’ll be inside. If we’re in a two-receiver set, I’ll obviously be outside. It just depends on what we do,” Cobb said. “We’ll move around. We planned on moving around this year, so I don’t think our plan changes. It’s just finding that guy that’s going to be able to plug in and be able to fit into what we’re trying to accomplish.”

Here's another somewhat ominous quote from RC18 on who is going to help him besides Davante? Really scary that he doesn't know...gotta believe Aaron doesn't know and right on up to the top where Ted Thompson sits.

This one from Demovsky at espn.go.com:

"We're a couple of weeks out from the season opener now, and we need to know who we can count on," Cobb said. "Who are the guys that are going to step up and make those plays for us in those critical times during the season? We have to find that out. There's not a lot of time. Obviously, me and Davante are going to do everything we can. I think we have the ability between me and him to lead this group, and we're looking forward to the opportunity."

Man, are 3 WR sets going to be interesting, or what? Who is that guy opposite Adams? The rook? I know 88 cent is getting first crack. Janis? I can't imagine it being Abby, White or Pink. Pink and White would be quite the nickname if those two were higher on the pecking order.

Randall gets hurt and then what? Wow...can't even get my head around that one. Even if he misses a few series much less some real time that's going to be different. He did break his leg a few years ago but we had James Jones back then, and White Lightning, of course.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (16h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (21h) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.