uffda udfa
8 years ago

What do you mean you are not thrilled with this group. Did you forget that it doesn't matter who we have at WR because its all Aaron Rodgers anyway. Who needs experience when Aaron Rodgers is throwing the ball.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

First off...I don't like Myles White...that is part of it. I don't think much of Davante, that is the other part. Davante went from a guy I didn't think much of as our 3rd WR, and now he's got to be our top outside guy? What? That's unreal to me. I'm speaking from my perspective...I don't think much of him as you well know... now, he's going to be basically our #1 WR???? Yikes. Just yikes. I love RC18...Janis is a work in progress and 88 cent is a rookie that I love but he's a rookie. I do think 88 cent is a little scared out there. Doesn't look like a guy who loves contact. Barfarn mentioned that a long time ago and I've been honing in on that to see if he's full of it but I think he's right.

Pinkard is a guy I really really wish we'd keep but I think he's toast due to our overwhelming lack of experience already. I think Pinkard can be as good as anyone on our roster right now at WR. He's just too raw to keep, imo. Keeping him wouldn't even make me feel better because he's got too far to go for this season.

Abby would make me happy if he could get back. MR thinks he's our 3rd best WR. I think he could be as high as 2nd...he's probably better than Adams and only behind Cobb. Guy is smart and savvy. Just plays same position we really have a glut of guys at.

Yes, it doesn't matter as much because of 12 but rookies are going to frustrate the living pi$$ out of him and we know how he gets when he's frustrated on the field. Not liking the thought of that. Jordy is not that great talent wise...he's just a professional of the highest order who has had 7 years with Aaron. Any of our guys could be him given that amount of time with 12 but they have next to none. Jordy wasn't diddly for a few years.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

What do you mean you are not thrilled with this group. Did you forget that it doesn't matter who we have at WR because its all Aaron Rodgers anyway. Who needs experience when Aaron Rodgers is throwing the ball.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

That may be sarcasm, but it's basically true. We do NOT need to go off half-cocked and give away something as well as cut somebody with decent potential just to pick up somebody we don't need and probably ain't much good anyway judging by the teams that have seen fit to get rid of him.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
8 years ago
Doesn't anybody remember winning the division year after year with Freeman, Bradford, and Schroeder? You guys really need to untwist the panties We have a lot more talent at WR now than trotting out Bradford and Schroeder. And yeah, having a pin point passer helps this problem.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Doesn't anybody remember winning the division year after year with Freeman, Bradford, and Schroeder? You guys really need to untwist the panties We have a lot more talent at WR now than trotting out Bradford and Schroeder. And yeah, having a pin point passer helps this problem.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

James Jones still has some left in the tank. He would be the third WR on the roster who actually knows the play book. Well, maybe Abby.

But I still think we need a T more.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I recall finishing 2nd behind the Bears at 12-4 with Freeman, Schroeder, Bradford and a young Donald Driver in 2001. That year Ahman caught 62 balls.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
8 years ago

I recall finishing 2nd behind the Bears at 12-4 with Freeman, Schroeder, Bradford and a young Donald Driver in 2001. That year Ahman caught 62 balls.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah, but we beat them twice. We had a couple of those shitfest games.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

James Jones still has some left in the tank. He would be the third WR on the roster who actually knows the play book. Well, maybe Abby.

But I still think we need a T more.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Just let it go!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

If you're referring to me on the Rison thing I'm lost as to why it blows your mind? We lost Brooks and Wolf IMMEDIATELY acted to remedy that situation. No situation will ever show the difference in methodology than this one.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I think you're more intelligent than the jokers I had described. You want the Packers to add a player at WR, I get that. The problem I have is any one actually thinking it would be wise to send a late round pick for a former WR who even during his best days was barely a #3 possession WR. Some of us fans get hooked on nostalgia.

Furthermore, if we lost Jordy Nelson after seven games and the Packers looked like a real Super Bowl contender around week 10 a starting WR like Andre Rison were available, you know the Packers would pull the trigger as evidenced by Howard Green being claimed off waivers from the Jets during 2010 season.

The Packers do not need another possession WR. They need a big speed guy to threaten the secondary and fortunately for the Packers, they may have him in none other than WR Jeff Janis.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Yeah, but we beat them twice. We had a couple of those shitfest games.

I'd have to look, but weren't Freeman, Schroeder and Corey around for awhile? Cobb is young, Davante is a 2nd year guy, as is Janis...then you have a rookie and a guy who did diddly in his few years here.

It isn't about talent. It's about TIME. Jordy is being lamented because of his "greatness"...it was more about his TIME with Aaron. That can't be replaced. No one in our WR room has close to the 7 years of working with Aaron 87 did. Any of the current guys given 7 years with Aaron would be as good or better than he was save for Myles White and I'm not sure he couldn't come somewhat close.

Talent behind Jordy is a secondary theme to me...it's about the lack of TIME the other guys on our roster have had with him. Randall is the ONLY guy we can really trust. It's made worse by not having a single reliable experienced threat at TE. Quarless has the TIME part he just never had the talent.

These kids have to grow up faster than they should've had to. If they can, we'll be just fine...if they can't, we're in trouble. Fun to see a new star develop. I hope I'm wrong on Adams and he's it.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (13h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
41m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.