PackerTraxx
8 years ago
If some team wanted to trade a draft pick for Hundley right now what would you take/want? If it were Wolf and he and he felt Hundley is really as good as he's looked I believe he would not hesitate to trade a #1.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
earthquake
8 years ago
I have to imagine that anyone who thought highly enough of Hundley to trade a #1 for him would have picked him in the draft a few months ago. He hasn't demonstrated at this point that he's worth a #1 pick, just that he was worthy of being drafted. Too early to really say anything else.

That said, if a team offered a #1 or #2 for him I would make that trade. Maybe for a #3 was well, #4/5 or less, meh.
blank
musccy
8 years ago
Good point by earthquake about his value.

That said, 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. IMO he has a ton of potential and as his contract expires Aaron Rodgers will be mid 30s. I feel we have something really good in him. 2 years ago showed us how valuable that can be.
greengold
8 years ago
1.) Nobody will offer a 1st round draft pick for him right now. Like Earthquake said, they could have had him in the 4th round in April if they wanted him.

2.) Hypothetically, if a 1st/2nd round draft pick was offered for him, I would take it. But that is pointless because it won't happen.

sschind
8 years ago
I really don't think GMs draft players with the idea of trading them for draft picks later on down the road.

If a #1 or #2 is offered jump all over it and give Blanchard a call and try not to laugh out loud at the GM who made the offer. Why am I thinking of Kevin Costner right now?

My thinking on why he drafted Hundley is that he saw a great talent available and the opportunity to develop an decent inexpensive backup for Aaron Rodgers for several years. I doubt if the idea of Hundley taking over for Rodgers was a factor at all.

Assuming Rodgers leaves Green Bay on his own terms (ie plays until he decides to retire) Hundley won't start for us unless its for injury or a Matt Flynn type relief game. He is not the heir apparent because if he has the stuff he won't want to sit behind Rodgers for 8 more years until Aaron Rodgers decides to hang it up (and if he does that tells me something right there. Competitors want to compete not sit on the bench) and other teams won't let him sit once he becomes a FA.

I think Tolzein will leave next year via FA unless no team wants him (the Packers won't offer him his million plus to come back as a backup because they have Hundley) and Hundley will become our backup for the next three seasons.

Ted will draft a QB somewhere in the mid rounds in 2018 (maybe 2017 if someone is there he really likes) and try to develop him like he will Hundley.

Hundley will leave via FA after the 2018 season if he doesn't get beat out before.

If Hundley gets some significant playing time (I sure hope he doesn't) and really lights it up it some team may offer a decent trade for him and Ted Thompson may take it but I think that is a long shot.

For all you trade him advocates what would be an enticing enough pick to get you to trade him away. Keep in mind he really cost the packers two picks already since they traded one away to move up to get him. Without significant playing time in real games teams are probably not going to be offering a whole lot. Would you trade him for a 4th rounder? Is that enough of a "profit on him" to give up a seemingly very good back up considering you gave up two picks and and entire off season of development or more depending on when the trade goes down. Besides that if he is good enough for other teams to offer even say a 3rd rounder might it not be a better idea to keep him around as a backup if he is that good. You also have to remember that if he is that good and leaves via FA we will likely get something in return via a comp pick so its not like trade him and get something or get nothing for him later.

Bottom line for me is barring injury to Aaron Rodgers which allows Hundley significant time to show he has what it takes to be a starter I think he will be our backup for 2016, 2017 and likely 2018 and then he will move on and someone else will take his place. That guy who takes his place, that might be the guy we have to start looking at as ARs successor.
DakotaT
8 years ago
The best thing Hundley could do is continue going to Quarterback U in Green Bay, and then ask for a trade. He showed more this training camp than I've ever seen from a rookie quarterback. He is going to be very good and puts the GBP's into another one of those horrible problems to have situations. Tolzien does not factor into any of this. He is overachieving being a #2.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (14h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.