Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
We got one of our lost young ducklings back in Thomas. Now I'm hoping we can sign Henry back to PS.

After we signed Perillo yesterday Denver cut Mitchell Henry. They cut him before week 6 so he didn't accrue a full season and replaced him w/ a street FA. If faced w/ a choice between Denver's and GB's PS, he should chose GB's.

W/ Q being a UFA and maybe facing a suspension next year he should realize he's behind Rodgers and Perillo. In Denver he'd be behind Daniels and Green, who are under contract until 2018. Plus, GB will have a stud QB over the next 5 years; Denver, probably not.

To sweeten the pot, it'd cost about 300K more at this juncture; GB should pay his salary as if on the 53!

Of course, he would then provide sweet intel on Denver's O and D, cause he's a smart kid!
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
Why would we want this guy? He never showed anything in preseason (unlike Thomas). Just to give us intel on Denver? Peyton improvises so much that it wouldn't make much difference. Anyway, we're way better than the Broncos.

Better R. Rodgers, Quarless (in a while), Backman, and probably even Perillo.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
8 years ago

cause he's a smart kid!

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

That made it sound like you have some sort of man-crush on him.

We got one of our lost young ducklings back in Thomas. Now I'm hoping we can sign Henry back to PS.

After we signed Perillo yesterday Denver cut Mitchell Henry....
W/ Q being a UFA and maybe facing a suspension next year he should realize he's behind Rodgers and Perillo. In Denver he'd be behind Daniels and Green, who are under contract until 2018. Plus, GB will have a stud QB over the next 5 years; Denver, probably not.

Packers IRed S Richardson, brought up TE Perillo and signed CB/S Kyle Sebetic to the practice squad. So the Packers already have gotten "one of our lost young ducklings back" in Sebetic, who I liked his potential to possibility play back-up S.

So with no free spots, bring back TE Mitchell Henry would involve releasing/cutting someone, looking at the PS it's most likely be TE Henry vs TE Blake Annen (who's already on the practice squad). Henry might be the better long term prospect when it comes to reachable potential.

But like you said he could sign else where too, in GB he's behind Rodgers, Backman and Perillo (for now) and in Denver is behind Daniels, Green, Gordon (who they released him for) and have their own prospect on their PS.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Packers IRed S Richardson, brought up TE Perillo and signed CB/S Kyle Sebetic to the practice squad. So the Packers already have gotten "one of our lost young ducklings back" in Sebetic, who I liked his potential to possibility play back-up S.

So with no free spots, bring back TE Mitchell Henry would involve releasing/cutting someone, looking at the PS it's most likely be TE Henry vs TE Blake Annen (who's already on the practice squad). Henry might be the better long term prospect when it comes to reachable potential.

But like you said he could sign else where too, in GB he's behind Rodgers, Backman and Perillo (for now) and in Denver is behind Daniels, Green, Gordon (who they released him for) and have their own prospect on their PS.

Originally Posted by: beast 

They already had their choice. They signed Sebetic.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

They had their choice of available FAs.... TE Henry wasn't available then, so no they didn't have their choice between TE Henry and the others currently on the PS as until after they signed Sebetic (since the 53 man cut down).

And besides with Richardson going to the IR, I think they wanted another DB on the practice squad. They might like one TE over another TE still on the practice squad. I doubt they switch out, but you never know.

I also wonder if we'll be seeing more of Backman or Perillo at TE with Quarless gone... I don't think Backman is ready, but if he were, he might be the Packers best deep threat from the TE position.

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

Why would we want this guy? He never showed anything in preseason (unlike Thomas). Just to give us intel on Denver? Peyton improvises so much that it wouldn't make much difference. Anyway, we're way better than the Broncos.

Better R. Rodgers, Quarless (in a while), Backman, and probably even Perillo.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I thought that he didn't do much either; until i saw Denver put him on their 53! Then i said, wowwwwwww nelly, what did i miss! Think about it: probably 50 UDFA and late round TEs were released on final cut downs and Denver picked this guy and tossed their 53rd best player into the sea for him. I keep a min of 2 years of preseason games [FYI😁] and I went through the games and charted everyone of Henry's plays. In the games he showed wayyyyyy more than Backman and to my surprise more than Perillo. Now I'm not saying cut Backman 'cause he has super upside and the guy has desire, so, unless he's Janisly challenged he will be successful.

Henry had only 1 catch; but he had a club on his had for the first 3 PS games [Saints 3Q, 3:10], he ran a sweet route exactly where he was supposed to be and made the catch going to the ground.

But, I was really watching him: EG in 4Q 13:06 2nd goal from 16; beats the LB badly and is wide open in EZ, but Hundley hit White underneath.

4th Q 7:17 he and White are split right, as they are breaking the huddle it is Henry that tells White where he's supposed to line-up. White catches his 2nd TD and Tex says Henry did nothing😲 😂.

Go to 3Q at 11:01 and beyond in Philly game and watch this kid block with a big club; he also played 1st team KOR and Punt special teams w/ the club. Awesome.

3rd Q 13:44 Pitts game, speaking of Janisly challenged: Janis was playing X and Henry the H [in line]. Henry ran a 5 yard square out, got separation and Tolzein threw a perfect strike. But Janis was in wrong spot and his guy cut in front on Henry. This really pissed me off 'cause I wanted to see if Henry could catch that pass with the club on.

I'll bet Denver sent a mole to our practices and saw this guy catching everything with that club on.

In Denver he was active for 2 games [Week 3 and 5] he played on 2 ST team units for them and got one offensive snap.

I got man crushes on all potential 1st contract studs; and proud of it!

Yes agreed I like Sebetic too.

Annen has been with 3-4 programs and with his Lyerla-type measureables something is wrong for him to keep being released. He's the guy i think must go. but whatever; Henry was one of our best 63, If he wants to come, then we gotta keep him. Maybe Bradford goes or Williams or Robinson. [Dont forget we need a spot for Pinkard in a few weeks too].

They had their choice of available FAs.... TE Henry wasn't available then, so no they didn't have their choice between TE Henry and the others currently on the PS as until after they signed Sebetic (since the 53 man cut down).

And besides with Richardson going to the IR, I think they wanted another DB on the practice squad. They might like one TE over another TE still on the practice squad. I doubt they switch out, but you never know.

I also wonder if we'll be seeing more of Backman or Perillo at TE with Quarless gone... I don't think Backman is ready, but if he were, he might be the Packers best deep threat from the TE position.

Yes! Henry wasn't released until after Perillo was promoted and probably after Sebetic was offered a job.

And Backman is not ready; but Perillo is. And I'm guessing MM's got some deep surprises packages in store for us with Backman in the future. Maybe we'll see some 2 TE stuff this week w/ Rodgers and Perillo.

PS I got a man crush on Perillo too!
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

UserPostedImage
beast
8 years ago

and now Henry... told you they didn't have their full choice then [whip2]

Annen has been with 3-4 programs and with his Lyerla-type measureables something is wrong for him to keep being released. He's the guy i think must go. but whatever; Henry was one of our best 63, If he wants to come, then we gotta keep him.

Yeah I don't think Annen has gotten used to route running, he seems like an H-back blocker with more potential that he'll probably never be able to reach. Where Henry seems like a natural receiver with more upside potential that's reachable, and as a couple of TEs have talked about, they came into the NFL not liking or not having any idea how to block and you can learn to block, much harder for them to learn how to be a good receiver.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Aha!

He's white. No wonder everyone's all excited.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
greengold
8 years ago

Aha!

He's white. No wonder everyone's all excited.

You are joking, right? RIGHT?

I hope so.

Dude that got released, Blake Annen? He's white too. It happens, some players are white. 🤬

Mitchell Henry had some highlight reel catches this spring despite having a broken finger for much of camp. The coaches had a lot invested in him and hoped to sneak him onto the practice squad. Unfortunately he didn't clear waivers.

Now he's back. Skin color has nothing to do with it. If that was a joke, apologize. If it wasn't a joke, grow up!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (56m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.