Dulak
8 years ago

Some people are freaking out over this 500 yards stuff but Rivers threw 65 freaking passes and his average wasn't anything special. He had almost as many incompletions as Rodgers had attempts. SD also couldn't run the ball. Their last 4 possessions (starting halfway through the 3rd quarter) ended in Punt, FG, Punt, Turnover on Downs. You can cry about yards all you want and the defense needs to do a better job getting off the field for sure but they were far from bad and came up clutch when it mattered which is a big thing they've been lacking in recent years.

The thing that bugged me about it was Capers insistence on blitzing constantly just for the sake of blitzing. That works great against QBs that aren't good at making quick decisions but good QBs always have somewhere to go with the ball when you blitz them. Their O-line was weak which is a great opportunity to let off on the blitzes and let 4 guys get at them. We needed the extra men in coverage more than we needed to throw more bodies at their busted line. I don't know what Capers was thinking especially because Rivers has historically been very good against blitzes. We needed to make him hold the ball a little longer because we have the horses to get after QBs even without blitzing.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I Agree with you - the chargers and especially rivers did an excellent job vs our rush compared to what it does to other QBs. We should of put one more guy on their receivers.
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

Randall Cobb, Eddie Lacy, Davante Adams, Morgan Burnett are not weak contributors. When they get healthy, things will get better.

Originally Posted by: azrunning 

Just to be clear, Cobb is back playing - if not 100%, close to it - he is not who I'm talking about.

Lacy of course is a contributor, but I'm increasingly having the opinion that his type of RB is not as valuable as somebody like Starks ...... but Lacy was not who I had in mind either. Sparks are gonna fly around here when Lacy's rookie contract is up, and we either sign him for big money or let him go - I hereby go on record as being for the latter.

Burnett, yeah, he's not exactly a weak contributor, but what I've seen from Hyde at least equals Burnett. Anyway, he wasn't who I had in mind either.

Adams, yeah - weaker than his replacements IMO

RAJI - the primary one I was thinking of

Nick Perry - better this season, but still not doing as well as the people who replaced him

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
azrunning
8 years ago

Burnett, yeah, he's not exactly a weak contributor, but what I've seen from Hyde at least equals Burnett. Anyway, he wasn't who I had in mind either.

Adams, yeah - weaker than his replacements IMO

RAJI - the primary one I was thinking of

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Hyde was toasted many times against San Diego on Sunday. I like him but I think the defense is better with Burnett. I also prefer Adams to his replacements and from the sounds of it, so does QB1. These are differences of our opinions though.

However if Raji was the one that you were thinking was a weak contributor, that is just wrong. He is having a monster season and is much better at the nose than Guion.
blank
Smokey
8 years ago

The Packers faced their toughest challenge yet this season against the Chargers. Yes, players had to step up and play in place of some starters and yes mistakes were made. Rivers performance had many of us on the edge of our seats as he delivered a fine performance.

Despite all of the less than great Packer level plays, there were also some brilliant plays. In addition, valuable experience was gained by rookies, who performed well (mostly). They will benefit from this game as will the Packers.

This win against a strong opponent has shown perhaps the best quality that champions all have, and that is Heart. I saw players that refused to give up. While much shall be learned from this victory, the greatest lesson to be celebrated has to be that the Packers have the Heart needed to carry them to a SB victory.

[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I'm quite sure that the Packers are well aware of everything that needs to be addressed following their victory against the Chargers. The bye week will help to heal many that have suffered injuries, and to learn from the experience. As a result, IMO the Packers will emerge from the bye with an even stronger team.

Best of all, the Packers have clearly demonstrated they possess the HEART that all champions require. Let's be happy that they are 6 -0 and will enter the remainder of the season as the team most likely to have Home Field Advantage in the playoffs.

Let's all try to be more positive, please.

[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
This season has been epic. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
Raji is NOT having monster season by any comparison except to the monstrous seasons he has had most of his career after his first year or so.

True, this may be an epic season by the time it is over. There is a long way to go, though, starting with 2 straight other unbeatens. Up to now, we have taken care of business, but really not anything all that unexpected. I could actually see us winning out all the way to and through the Super Bowl, and THAT would be epic.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Right now Raji is in my top 5 of most impactful players on our team. I really hope he can stay healthy down the stretch.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
gbguy20
8 years ago

Let's all try to be more positive, please.[/b]

Do I need to remind you how you were one of the most negative on this forum before the season started?
Smokey
8 years ago

Do I need to remind you how you were one of the most negative on this forum before the season started?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Your right, I did not like the DB's that Ted Thompson chose in the Draft. A 500+ yd. performance by Philip Rivers has done little to change that opinion. Luck played a role in that Packer win.
Going forward the Packers will face ever stiffer competition. Yes, they will win the NFC North, and post the best season record in the conference. Yet the playoffs will, IMO, show me to be either right or wrong. It just boils my blood to see better players passed by in a draft, in favor of picking players from schools that don't face the best in competition. It's all to easy to be a college star when your team plays Slippery Rock or West Toledo State.

Players from quality schools like Florida State, Oregon, Ohio State, or Michigan demand more money and Ted Thompson knows it. He banks on the less well known players to raise their level of play. Some do, but he is gambling on being right. When he is right he is happy to take the credit, yet Teflon Ted is not to be found when he picks wrong. The blame falls on the coaches, or bad luck, or anyone but him. He was the biggest cause for the Favre fallout, but the blame landed on #4 instead. Aaron Rodgers and the Packers could have waited one more year, but Ted Thompson forced the issue. Yes, Aaron Rodgers proved a good thing, and TT's good luck saved him. He counted on Favre's pride to not take a back-up QB spot to get his way, and it did.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
8 years ago

Players from quality schools like Florida State, Oregon, Ohio State, or Michigan demand more money and Ted Thompson knows it. He banks on the less well known players to raise their level of play.

Rookies entering the league have been handcuffed by the recent labor agreement

NFL rookie contracts have changed how agents do business with players 

The 2011 CBA took a sledgehammer to the old rookie compensation model. Owners thought top rookies made too much, and so did veteran player leadership at the union.

The new system eliminates the vast majority of negotiating required:contract value and bonus amounts are predetermined. There are very few negotiable items: offset language (the ability for the team to recover guaranteed money if the player is released and signs elsewhere), bonus payment terms, roster bonus allocations and other miscellaneous structural issues. Deals are negotiated within hours (Jameis Winston’s deal was negotiated the evening he was taken with the first pick).

In short, Ted doesn't even have to try and lowball anybody because the NFL rookie wage system already does this for him.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.