Randall: 4 catches; 40 yards; targeted for 2 INC; below avg. coverage 1
Hyde: 8 catches; 85 yards (1 TD); targeted for 3 INC; below avg. coverage 5
Rollins: 3 catches; 23 yards; targeted for 1 INC; below avg. coverage 3
Dix: 3 catches; 73 yards; targeted for 2.5 INC; below avg. coverage 2
Banjo: 1 catches; 8 yards; targeted for 1 INC; below avg. coverage 0
Palmer: 8 catches; 60 yards; targeted for 1 INC; below avg. coverage 2
CM3: 2 catches; 29 yards(1 TD); targeted for 1 INC; below avg. coverage 1
Thomas: 1 catch; 6 yards; targeted for 0 INC; below avg. coverage 1
Peppers/Neal mismatched on Oliver or Leprechaun: 4 catches; 60 yards; targeted for 0 INC; below avg. coverage n/a

Note: 1 completion on CM3 for 10 and 1 on Palmer for 7 were erased by penalty; but are included in grading above.

Our pass rush was quite good. 11 times our rush was substandard and 6 of Rivers incompletions came on those 11 plays and in 2 others Shields had elite, if not perfect, coverage on Allen who caught back to back balls for 38 and 16 yards. In those 6 incompletions no one was near Rivers, he threw the ball away because in his head he counted to 2 Mississippi and got rid of the ball. How can you sack a guy under these conditions? Yet we got 3 sacks and 13 hits. On 3rd and 2 Clay jumps on him in 1/10th of a second, its a success just for QB to throw ball away; but Rivers completed the pass for a 1st down. Rivers was ridiculous.

Guion played a below average pass rush game, but I’m certain some of that was scheme; Pennell played better.

Outside of the offside penalty, Daniels was his usual stud self.

Datone was a 3rd down stud. He forced a FG attempt in 1Q by knocking down a pass on 3rd down; pressured Rivers on 3rd down to force a punt in 3Q; got a sack on 3rd down to force a punt in 4Q; and on 3rd down on last drive he got a TFL.

What is absolutely amazing was with Rivers torching us, normally the front 4 and blitzers will try to get Rivers w/ a pathological disregard for their run responsibilities. Take away each rusher’s longest run the D held SD to 18 for 25 yards. And how many times have we seen in the red zone on 3rd and goal from the 5 we have great coverage and a pass rush only to have a RB or QB run up the middle untouched to EZ? SD scouted that weakness and tried to exploit it twice on their last 4 plays, to no avail.

The D:
Blitzed: 9 times [1st half]; and 15 in 2nd.
3 man rush: 1; and 3
Cross dog zone blitz w/ 96 and 56 dropping into coverage: 1; and 4
Psycho: 1; and 3
And countless variables in coverages.

14 blitzes came on final 4 drives [Punt, FG, Punt, Downs] So I think Capers made numerous adjustments that had success after that initial 3Q TD drive. That 3Q TD drive was aided by a 50 yard Dix bad misjudgment and Green getting behind Clay for a 19 yard TD that took certain glory away from our RZ D. The adjustment that didn’t work was having Peppers and Neal covering RBs in the flat for 60 yards on 4 plays; 3 times on the cross dog w/ Neal and Peppers dropping into coverage.

This D w/ 3 starters missing, enduring 38+ minutes of time of possession, and 92 freaking plays [plus those that did not count due to penalty]; played with gusto to the very end. The depth and conditioning of this defense is unprecedented in my recollection of GB defenses.

The Outsiders have our D ranked 6th!!!!! They adjust for quality of opponent and the quality of yards gained. EG, a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 15 is not worth nearly as much as a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 5; and garbage yards at end of game or half are discounted.

There are several things Capers tried once in 1st half to probe SD’s reaction and then he adjusted in second half. Banjo replace Rollins in 2nd half [w/ Hyde moving to slot] and he played well again. Banjo is a wonderful player to have; we are definitely tendering him I’d expect w/ min [and that b!tch McKenzie better leave him alone].

In this game Banjo was the better S over Hyde, and Randall is a stud. Hayward played great in run support as well as coverage. Shields was not terrible. When Burnett comes back it’s Randall that plays the Nickel w/ Hayward to slot. Hyde is dime slot. And Banjo, Rollins, Goodson and Gunter give us the deepest secondary in the league.
Fan Shout
beast (1h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (1h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

21h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.