RaiderPride
8 years ago
Watching the Hawks game.. Watched Jon Ryan kill one.

Punting

Ryan - Average Punt - 47.6 Inside 20 - 11

Masthay -Average Punt - 43.3 Inside 20 - 5

Why did the Packers cut the Canadian from Winnipeg again? (He took an extra half step to get the ball off)

That extra half step is working.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
luigis
8 years ago
I'm sure there were non-football related issues that lead to cutting Ryan. He was punting well and I think we can all agree that he is better than Mashtay.
Mashtay is average+ so we don't really have a huge problem in the position.

Luis
Smokey
8 years ago
The Packers are 6 - 0, yet there will always be those that feel they just have to bitch about something.

The punter ? [boxing]

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

The Packers are 6 - 0, yet there will always be those that feel they just have to bitch about something.

The punter ? [boxing]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

It isn't like we're tearing off heads and shitting down necks now does it? Well, there has been some shitting.

Besides, this is stress release for me.
UserPostedImage
8 years ago
just wait till he bitches about his Depends leaking
greengold
8 years ago
I hear what you are saying RaiderPride.... But punter envy? Just doesn't seem right. 😁
steveishere
8 years ago

Watching the Hawks game.. Watched Jon Ryan kill one.

Punting

Ryan - Average Punt - 47.6 Inside 20 - 11

Masthay -Average Punt - 43.3 Inside 20 - 5

Why did the Packers cut the Canadian from Winnipeg again? (He took an extra half step to get the ball off)

That extra half step is working.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

Ryan also has punted more times. Masthay punts have averaged 4.0 yards per return, Ryans have gone for 18.1 per return. This is despite Masthay being in an obvious funk to start the season. Great Ryan might be a better punter but the difference between him and Masthay isn't great enough to be of much importance.
RaiderPride
8 years ago

just wait till he bitches about his Depends leaking

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Now.. The "Depends" leaking comment is something that needs to be expanded and explored.

A comment like that does not appear on a football forum with out some sort of childhood trauma that preceded the thought.

packerfanoutwest It is not your fault. It is not your fault. It is not your fault. It is not your fault.. Let it go..

It is not your fault.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
beast
8 years ago

Why did the Packers cut the Canadian from Winnipeg again?

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

Official: Who cares..

Unofficial: Special Teams coach Mike Stock started working for the Packers in 2006 and someone inside the Packers found this kids with a ton of potential in Punter Jon Ryan. As most of us know, Ryan was inconsistent as something he'd hit a huge boom punt other times he'd shank one... let call this problem a "hitch" in his kicking motion (because I have no idea what to call it or what was wrong)....

But I do know rumor had it, that Ryan was attempting to fix the "hitch" problem... and in doing so, Ryan requested for the Packers permission for a trip/kicking consultation visit with "kicking guru" Coach (Gary) Zauner  and for the Packers to pay for said trip/visit.

Ryan's request was rejected... no rumor on the details on how that all went down... but rumor has it the results were Coach Stock some how was PISSED at Ryan for something (lots of different speculation of why Stock was pissed, like offended that Ryan thought someone else could do better, or that Stock said no and Ryan attempted to go around/above Stock for higher up approval pissed him off etc etc... we'll never know the details unless someone talks)

But anyways back on subject to the firm rumors, Ryan's request was rejected and Stock was PISSED at Ryan, and started looking for another Punter.... and Washington drafted a punter that year making a punting battle with Punter Frost... most people opinions seemed to be Frost was better than the rookie (but both were bad), they kept the rookie and cut Frost... Stock had some history with the Redskins and I guess at some point early in Frost career personally worked Frost out and he was consistent and had great directional punting skills.... so PISS at Ryan, he was looking at the grass on the other side and took it. Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson either listened to Stock or let him have the final say and that was good bye to Ryan and hello to Frost.

And in the end, Coach Stock ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶̶ retired at the season in, and after being fired by the Packers, Jon Ryan went on to pay his own way to go visit "kicking guru" Coach (Gary) Zauner  and wouldn't you know it, 7 of his next 8 years all had better net punting than he had with the Packers, including Ryan being a more consistent and getting away from those shanks... so something worked out for Ryan.

Coach Zauner working with John Ryan after being released by the Packers

UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
8 years ago

Official: Who cares..

Unofficial: Special Teams coach Mike Stock started working for the Packers in 2006 and someone inside the Packers found this kids with a ton of potential in Punter Jon Ryan. As most of us know, Ryan was inconsistent as something he'd hit a huge boom punt other times he'd shank one... let call this problem a "hitch" in his kicking motion (because I have no idea what to call it or what was wrong)....

But I do know rumor had it, that Ryan was attempting to fix the "hitch" problem... and in doing so, Ryan requested for the Packers permission for a trip/kicking consultation visit with "kicking guru" Coach (Gary) Zauner  and for the Packers to pay for said trip/visit.

Ryan's request was rejected... no rumor on the details on how that all went down... but rumor has it the results were Coach Stock some how was PISSED at Ryan for something (lots of different speculation of why Stock was pissed, like offended that Ryan thought someone else could do better, or that Stock said no and Ryan attempted to go around/above Stock for higher up approval pissed him off etc etc... we'll never know the details unless someone talks)

But anyways back on subject to the firm rumors, Ryan's request was rejected and Stock was PISSED at Ryan, and started looking for another Punter.... and Washington drafted a punter that year making a punting battle with Punter Frost... most people opinions seemed to be Frost was better than the rookie (but both were bad), they kept the rookie and cut Frost... Stock had some history with the Redskins and I guess at some point early in Frost career personally worked Frost out and he was consistent and had great directional punting skills.... so PISS at Ryan, he was looking at the grass on the other side and took it. Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson either listened to Stock or let him have the final say and that was good bye to Ryan and hello to Frost.

And in the end, Coach Stock ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶̶ retired at the season in, and after being fired by the Packers, Jon Ryan went on to pay his own way to go visit "kicking guru" Coach (Gary) Zauner  and wouldn't you know it, 7 of his next 8 years all had better net punting than he had with the Packers, including Ryan being a more consistent and getting away from those shanks... so something worked out for Ryan.

Coach Zauner working with John Ryan after being released by the Packers

Originally Posted by: beast 

BRILLIANT HISTORICAL FACTUAL PACKER INSITE. As always BEAST.

My post was just an expansion on the HOUSE move thread that Zero posted, based on watching the kid tonight. In other words, why did they let Jon go?

Beast steps up with the interesting facts and info.

The depends guy sort of has a different contribution to this thread.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (28m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.