Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

Is it Aaron’s fault we have had four starters on the line miss time this year? Does the line have nothing to do with giving up more sacks through 12 games than through all of last year? Is it Aaron’s fault Lacy and Starks now have fumbling problems? Is it Aaron’s fault we lead the NFL in drops from weeks 4 through 11 with 23 drops?

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

This is the thing I found interesting; but, sorry if this sounds condescending.

You think this makes sense dont you? You have to open your mind, it's not the 60's!!!! Football is the ultimate team game and GB's offense is the ultimate team event in football.

In years past Aaron Rodgers often didn't have time to throw, yet he was really good; he was like the way Rivers played against us this year. CM3 blitzing left A gap untouched on 3rd down; did he get sacked? Did he avoid the rush? NO!!!! he hit the hot read for a first down!!!!!! Oh and 3 of his starters are on IR and a 4th was missing from that game.

Dont just sit back and say, "its the OL's fault too." You need to evaluate the drop in how Aaron Rodgers handles a rush in years past and why Aaron Rodgers cant handle the pass rush today.

On drops: Rodgers Adams, Jones all have good hands, Cobb to a lesser degree; Starks' have been suspect; so this has never happened before? Finley led all receivers in drop% w/ 50 catches in 2011. In 2012, Cobb, Finley and nelson all had alot of drops and in 2011 and 12 the OL didn't play well great. true most drops are the WR's fault; but a significant number [I;m thinking around 25-30%] of the drops come from Aaron Rodgers is not placing the ball when and/or where the receiver expects it and the receivers pressing because the O is sucking. The idea that they all suddenly forgot how to catch rings of crazy to me.

These issues in the past didn't cause the O to drop to late 20's. Why? it is because of the difference in AR"s MVP type ability to ADJUSTED. And why has he lost the ability to overcome when the other 10 on O are not playing perfect? As I've pointed out on scripted plays: 10 guys playing great 1 QB screwing up. These are the issues you avoid.

Find the answer and you'll realize something needs to be done. And benching Aaron Rodgers for a practice, a series, a quarter a game, is not that far down the list. And of course I suspect things are being done, we just don't know it yet.
Porforis
8 years ago
For the record if Rodgers puts up a stinker in the first half of this Sunday's game I'd be fine benching him. You don't not start him though.
OlHoss1884
8 years ago
Rodgers has not been as sharp as some seasons in the past but Tolzien isn't going to suddenly provide a running game or make receivers get open or stop dropping the ball. Rodgers is not the problem.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
nerdmann
8 years ago

Where are you getting Rodgers openly disregarding offensive playcalls because he's a diva from?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Are you saying he's doing it for some other reason?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Are you saying he's doing it for some other reason?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Are you saying Aaron Rodgers is disregarding offensive play calls? If so, what offensive play calls were originally called and what did Rogers call in their place?
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
8 years ago

Are you saying Aaron Rodgers is disregarding offensive play calls? If so, what offensive play calls were originally called and what did Rogers call in their place?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I honestly don't know how anyone in this forum could know that or pretend to know that.
That being said, I don't have a problem with relieving him if he is not getting the job that he is being well paid to do done in the eyes of the coaching staff.
They would be the best judges of that.
McCarthy is the QB guru, I would trust in his judgment.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My original suggestion was that Aaron refuses to take the ball from under center, even on third and 1. However my long standing thesis is that Tom Clements is Aaron's yes-man.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Smokey
8 years ago
IMO, Aaron Rodgers is experiencing a slump. Many players in all sports have had the same thing happen and most have recovered from it. In this case though it is more difficult to recover when the WR's he must throw to are doing a poor job.

No Chicken Little the shy is not falling, but the choices of players in the future needs to dramatically improve.

NOW LETS MOVE ON TO A RELEVANT SUBJECT, LIKE THE PISS POOR CB'S .

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

My original suggestion was that Aaron refuses to take the ball from under center, even on third and 1. However my long standing thesis is that Tom Clements is Aaron's yes-man.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What brings you to that suggestion and also that long standing idea of Clements being Rodgers' yes-man? It really seems speculative and that's fine, I'm just curious where this is coming from.

I think the running game (and playaction) works substantially more effectively out of the single back or I-formation myself. The whole shotgun snap handoff gives the defense a half second jump.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

IMO, Aaron Rodgers is experiencing a slump. [cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I pondered great while on this idea. The problem is it doesn't explain how Aaron Rodgers has been consistently good when way behind at the end of games.

And we see how good the staff has been over the years in scripting and preparing the O play in the 1st Q. The staff continues to work this scripting magic on runs. EG IN Det. Starks for 5, then 6, then 4 [Then a 3rd an 1 and Aaron Rodgers doesn't audible out of the run in 9 man box]. But, suddenly even though these plays are run over and over again with the scout team showing the O different looks, Aaron Rodgers is pedestrian to aweful.

So, Aaron Rodgers sucks on well prepared plays; plays great when game plan is tossed out, this is not a "slump;" it's an attitude problem.

Lacy was not in a slump either, the issue was attitude. Now supposedly Lacy is rejuvenated after his benching...I guess because benching can change bad attitudes...I'm just sayin' 😂