yooperfan
8 years ago
In my mind the Packers are in as division champs.
I don't want to see a scenario that Pits the Packers against the Seahawks in the 1st game.....even at Lambeau.
luigis
8 years ago
In my simulations the final game between GB @ MIN decides where the next game is played either GB(#6)@MIN(#3) or MIN(#6)@GB(#3). Seattle travels to some funny NFC East team as #5 and will win.

Then

GB(#6) @ Car(#1) and Sea(#5) @ Ari(#2)

or

GB(#3) @ Ari(#2) and Sea(#5) @ Car(#1)

What I don't like about being #3 is traveling to Arizona, I think we have no way to defeat Arizona.
Luis
steveishere
8 years ago
The offense is still garbarge. Unless that changes significantly this team has little chance of making it to the Superbowl. We've been expecting things to improve for several weeks not but it really just looks like the coaching staff has absolutely no answer for whatever various problems are effecting the team. Without some big staff or schematic changes I just don't see the current unit being able to improve enough to be a threat in the playoffs.
DoddPower
8 years ago

The offense is still garbarge. Unless that changes significantly this team has little chance of making it to the Superbowl. We've been expecting things to improve for several weeks not but it really just looks like the coaching staff has absolutely no answer for whatever various problems are effecting the team. Without some big staff or schematic changes I just don't see the current unit being able to improve enough to be a threat in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

While that appears to be true, the Packers aren't winning another Super Bowl under Dom Capers, either. At least without an elite offense. The Packers must win with an elite offense because it they aren't going to have an elite defense to carry the team. At least not under Dom Capers, imo. Dom Capers could only do it if he had more defensive talent than most other coaches. At that point, many defensive coordinators would have a great defense, as well.
steveishere
8 years ago

While that appears to be true, the Packers aren't winning another Super Bowl under Dom Capers, either. At least without an elite offense. The Packers must win with an elite offense because it they aren't going to have an elite defense to carry the team. At least not under Dom Capers, imo. Dom Capers could only do it if he had more defensive talent than most other coaches. At that point, many defensive coordinators would have a great defense, as well.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

With a top offense they could win with Dom's defense. The thing is Dom's defenses are fully capable of playing well even in big games but they are just prone to having legendary meltdowns for whatever reason. If they have one of those meltdowns then yeah they probably wont win even with the offense on point.
beast
8 years ago

GB(#6) @ Car(#1)
or
GB(#3) @ Ari(#2)

What I don't like about being #3 is traveling to Arizona, I think we have no way to defeat Arizona.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I have the same concern, the Packers have struggled most against teams with veteran QBs, physical/tough OL and extremely talented WRs, especially when they have a good pass defense... and Arizona seems to check more of those boxes than any other team that going to be on the NFC side of playoffs.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

In my simulations the final game between GB @ MIN decides where the next game is played either GB(#6)@MIN(#3) or MIN(#6)@GB(#3). Seattle travels to some funny NFC East team as #5 and will win.

Then

GB(#6) @ Car(#1) and Sea(#5) @ Ari(#2)

or

GB(#3) @ Ari(#2) and Sea(#5) @ Car(#1)

Originally Posted by: luigis 

#1 and #2 get byes.
Packers win their division they will be #3 if they don't get passed The Cardinals.
#3 plays #6
#4 plays #5
1st round.

Packers win The Division they will most likely play Seattle or Minnesota(again).
The Packers best scenario is to win out and jump The Cardinals for #2.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
8 years ago

Packers win their division they will be #3 if they don't get passed The Cardinals.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

If the Packers win their division... Vikings still got about an even chance, as who ever wins in week 17 will hold the tie breaker.

So basically either team needs to get two games ahead of each other in the next 3 weeks to make the game less important... which unless there is a complete melt down, I don't see happening.

Both teams have to play at the Cardinals still
Vikings also host the Bears and Giants
While the Packers host the Cowboys then travel to the Raiders.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago
To me, Seattle and Arizona are the toughest teams going into the playoffs. We can beat the Panthers, but only if we play 4 quarters of football.

It'll be just another wasted year of a hall of fame quarterback. That's how we roll.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
8 years ago

It'll be just another wasted year of a hall of fame quarterback.That's how we roll.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Sorrowfully that has come to be expected.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (28m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.