hardrocker950
8 years ago

Also I hope fans of other teams aren't browsing our site because we sound like spoiled assholes. My step-father who I grew up with my entire life is a die-hard Vikings fan. He fucking wishes Bridgewater could someday be accused of "stat whoring".

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

Although I get where some get irritated with the "state whoring" debate - some QBs couldn't if they wanted to. When things don't go smoothly, many of us get worked up - sometimes myself included. When this happens, I think to myself - "at least I'm not a Browns fan."
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

Wow, just wow. You have to be joking right? Everything is wrong. Your first sentence claims that the vast majority of this site agrees with you. Disagree.

You claim that Tolzien would have made specific plays in specific situations that Rodgers did not. Complete speculation.

You claim you are not speculating, then try to back that up by providing statistics that are insignificant based on sample size. When I consistently used passer rating as an argument in the previous thread you blew me off. Now that you find 1 half in 1 game that Tolzien produced a passer rating that was 112 its relevant? Aaron Rodgers CAREER passer rating is 105.1. Rodgers has played in 122 NFL games compared to Tolzien's 3. You tell me which is a more relavant statistic. Disagree.

You claim that my opinion is "baseless, factless, and feckless" and then provide ZERO FACTS to argue yours.

Mentioning the fact that Seneca Wallace started a game for the Packers is cruel.

Your either Tolzien himself, related/friends with Tolzien, or crazy.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

Wow just wow! The teacher gave you one assignment; read Dostoyevsky’s "The Idiot" and you failed.

I addressed the irrelevant nature of your CAREER [shouting] PR stat. 😂 The infinitely more relevant stat to this discussion was AR’s passer rating for the last 6 weeks. Sure, a career stat can be considered in proper context of potential; but right now, for 6 games, his PR is 76.6 and that is inflated with serious “garbage time stats” racked up in both Det games and v. Car when those teams had supposed insurmountable leads and the D lets up and DC’s play cautiously. When Aaron Rodgers is playing in the confines of this offense against a non-prevent D, his PR is around 45-50! These stats are for you; I have shown countless examples that prove Aaron Rodgers has just SUCKED [Other threads], the 76 PR rating doesn’t reflect how bad he is, the 45-50 stat does.

Even giving credit for a 76 PR, seasonally adjusted, puts Aaron Rodgers at #49 of all QBs and #30 of 32 for qualifying players; AR’s been worse than Manziel, Sanchez and EJ Manuel. And outside of garbage time stats; Aaron Rodgers is the worst QB in football by a large margin for 6 games. THE WORST. This is physically impossible, and the gravamen of this drop cant be explained by OL play, WR drops or any other ancillary stuff. Aaron Rodgers has a core attitude problem, no other position explains the facts at hand.

Now could Tolzien have amassed a 76.6 PR rating over the last six games? I think he easily would have and there may be legitimate rebuttal; but only a stone-cold dumbshit thinks that answer to this is an unequivocal NO. I’ve evaluated EVERY play Tolzien has snapped. It’s a good resume. The snaps he took in regular season on 40 or so scripted plays are quite impressive when put in context of his time in the system good limited practice. Do you realize how complicated the GB passing system is to learn? Do realize when he was 3rd string, he was QBing scout team simulating playing the opponents game plan each week? I think one with such strong opinions should first understand GB’s system and then learn to evaluate within the system; not blindly use stats.

Sure one needs a large sample to make a statistical evaluation; but talent evaluators nor I use stats to make their evaluations. The Pro evaluates plays; not statistical output. This is what Mike McCarthy means when he says, “STATS are for LOSERS.” Stat output often fails to accurately reflect quality of play; this is why stats only assist in communicating an evaluation, they cannot establish one.

Again, I AM NOT YOU! You need large sample sizes of stats because you use stats to establish your evaluations. I do not need that many because I watch THE GAME. See, like you, on Sunday, I watch GB play on TV. BUT, on Monday, you evaluate the players by reading stats with recollections of the game filtered through the prism of whether we won or lost. I evaluate by watching THE GAME. And this is important: the Hail Mary’s success is one play, it doesn’t change my opinion of how Aaron Rodgers performed on his other 66 snaps.

Many who don’t understand the game can’t discuss using reason and football acumen. I again invite you to do so, if you can. But, first please read “The Idiot.” Dostoyevsky brilliantly and artistically establishes the entire list of logical fallacies that people use to protect their emotional/irrational positions. It poignantly demonstrates how people utilize sleight of hand with fact and/or argument and as a last measure desperately berate and use sarcasm rather than address the issues with scholarship and 🏈 acumen.

It's not speculation; If Seneca Wallace's [perfect] efficiency in the system treats your opinions as "cruel;" maybe you should adjust your opinions to comport to the facts. If Wallace can be 5-5, playing in the system; so can Tolzien.

And why can't Aaron Rodgers execute scripted plays like he did even early this season [Games 1-6 66 1st points #1 in NFL; last 6 games 23 points, #31]?
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

And why can't Aaron Rodgers execute scripted plays like he did even early this season [Games 1-6 66 1st points #1 in NFL; last 6 games 23 points, #31]?

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Execute scripted plays? Mike Holmgren used to script the first 15 plays. I believe Mike McCarthy said he didn't when he was calling the plays. Does Tom Clements script plays to open a game? Or are you trying to use scripted in the same fashion as practice?

Anyhow, you've been shown visible proof of how to correctly spell Scott Tolzien's name and refuse to correct it. It shows stubbornness and disregard to accuracy. There's really nothing to see here anymore.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
8 years ago

What scares me about this topic, I remember in 2012 Bob Mcguin writing an article about how The Packers could win without Aaron Rodgers.

Personally, I don't want history repeating itself.

I will just say Scott Tolzien is as ready as he physically can be and let's hope we never find out this year what level he is at.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Agreed! Mcguin was wrong in 2012 and he'd be wrong with the idea today. I dont think we can win with Tolzien. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers gets his stuff together.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
8 years ago

Execute scripted plays? Mike Holmgren used to script the first 15 plays. I believe Mike McCarthy said he didn't when he was calling the plays. Does Tom Clements script plays to open a game? Or are you trying to use scripted in the same fashion as practice?

Anyhow, you've been shown visible proof of how to correctly spell Scott Tolzien's name and refuse to correct it. It shows stubbornness and disregard to accuracy. There's really nothing to see here anymore.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I did try to correct "Tolzien" in subsequent writing; How do I edit the topic?
Mike McCarthy doesn't rigidly "script plays" like Holmgren. They take tendencies of the D and repeatedly practice certain plays to attack certain formations given down and distance. Some of the plays are designed to check the D's game plan in addition to producing positive yards. The net affect is that it the first Q most if not all the plays have been practiced multiple times that week. The Scout D will be instructed to shift, blitz, then rush three, then stunt, play base, etc etc to prepare the O for reaction too D and AR's audibles. Some of the physical stuff is done in the classroom now that the practice rules limit practice time on field.
voiceofreason
8 years ago

Wow just wow! The teacher gave you one assignment; read Dostoyevsky’s "The Idiot" and you failed.

I addressed the irrelevant nature of your CAREER [shouting] PR stat. 😂 The infinitely more relevant stat to this discussion was AR’s passer rating for the last 6 weeks. Sure, a career stat can be considered in proper context of potential; but right now, for 6 games, his PR is 76.6 and that is inflated with serious “garbage time stats” racked up in both Det games and v. Car when those teams had supposed insurmountable leads and the D lets up and DC’s play cautiously. When Aaron Rodgers is playing in the confines of this offense against a non-prevent D, his PR is around 45-50! These stats are for you; I have shown countless examples that prove Aaron Rodgers has just SUCKED [Other threads], the 76 PR rating doesn’t reflect how bad he is, the 45-50 stat does.

Even giving credit for a 76 PR, seasonally adjusted, puts Aaron Rodgers at #49 of all QBs and #30 of 32 for qualifying players; AR’s been worse than Manziel, Sanchez and EJ Manuel. And outside of garbage time stats; Aaron Rodgers is the worst QB in football by a large margin for 6 games. THE WORST. This is physically impossible, and the gravamen of this drop cant be explained by OL play, WR drops or any other ancillary stuff. Aaron Rodgers has a core attitude problem, no other position explains the facts at hand.

Now could Tolzien have amassed a 76.6 PR rating over the last six games? I think he easily would have and there may be legitimate rebuttal; but only a stone-cold dumbshit thinks that answer to this is an unequivocal NO. I’ve evaluated EVERY play Tolzien has snapped. It’s a good resume. The snaps he took in regular season on 40 or so scripted plays are quite impressive when put in context of his time in the system good limited practice. Do you realize how complicated the GB passing system is to learn? Do realize when he was 3rd string, he was QBing scout team simulating playing the opponents game plan each week? I think one with such strong opinions should first understand GB’s system and then learn to evaluate within the system; not blindly use stats.

Sure one needs a large sample to make a statistical evaluation; but talent evaluators nor I use stats to make their evaluations. The Pro evaluates plays; not statistical output. This is what Mike McCarthy means when he says, “STATS are for LOSERS.” Stat output often fails to accurately reflect quality of play; this is why stats only assist in communicating an evaluation, they cannot establish one.

Again, I AM NOT YOU! You need large sample sizes of stats because you use stats to establish your evaluations. I do not need that many because I watch THE GAME. See, like you, on Sunday, I watch GB play on TV. BUT, on Monday, you evaluate the players by reading stats with recollections of the game filtered through the prism of whether we won or lost. I evaluate by watching THE GAME. And this is important: the Hail Mary’s success is one play, it doesn’t change my opinion of how Aaron Rodgers performed on his other 66 snaps.

Many who don’t understand the game can’t discuss using reason and football acumen. I again invite you to do so, if you can. But, first please read “The Idiot.” Dostoyevsky brilliantly and artistically establishes the entire list of logical fallacies that people use to protect their emotional/irrational positions. It poignantly demonstrates how people utilize sleight of hand with fact and/or argument and as a last measure desperately berate and use sarcasm rather than address the issues with scholarship and 🏈 acumen.

It's not speculation; If Seneca Wallace's [perfect] efficiency in the system treats your opinions as "cruel;" maybe you should adjust your opinions to comport to the facts. If Wallace can be 5-5, playing in the system; so can Tolzien.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

You can't even spell his name right you silly troll. Shove Dostoevsky down my throat at your own peril. I just got home from driving a great distance and paying many dollars to watch the Packers win. I've given you stats while you've given me bullshit. "To live without Hope is to Cease to live." My favorite Dostoevsky quote. I sincerely wish that you gain hope in our team. Otherwise Fuck right off. Drop the ban hammer on me, Its worth it.

blank
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Passionate fans, gotta love them. As for Tolzien over Rodgers, enough already. Seems like a joke gone bad then stubbornly refused to acknowledge the bad joke.

Packers won. Cheer up!
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
8 years ago
Am i really reading this? Scott Tolzien can run this offense better then Rodgers? LOL. First off this offense is stalled because the WR's cant get separation when defenses play man coverage. Thats a fact, not an opinion. Many opposing teams and coaches have publicly stated that the Packer WR's are not very good at all and they can get away with playing man coverage all day long. There's a reason why our offense had some success today because the Cowboys went full retard in the first half and decided to play zone defense. The 2nd half they smarten up and play man coverage but our run game was on point so we were able to run on them but we couldnt throw on them.

Scott Tolzien is not good nor is he on Rodgers level. Some of you need a time off from talking about football and recollect your thoughts again if you think other wise especially if u think he can run this offense better
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
In all fairness. Tolzien showed some great poise in the pocket when put in against the Cowboys.
Porforis
8 years ago
Rodgers = Stat whore. Could have stayed in the game to kneel down, instead he throws Tolzien in there to protect his rushing yardage.

On a serious note, never get why they do that stuff. Sure, I guess it's possible someone on the D blows through the line and takes out his knee, but in a multiple-score game?
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (1h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (3h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (5h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (5h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (6h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (21h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (22h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (22h) : fuck
beast (23h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (23h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.