nerdmann
8 years ago

No discussion about the shit sandwich (in comparison to the rest of the NFL) Ted gives Mike McCarthy annually in his refusal to fill holes with free agents, etc. I know of no other team that operates as we do as regards draft and develop ONLY.

To me, it feels like a recipe for acceptable performance, not one to produce a great team. I still say we are squandering the skills of an Aaron Rodgers and others because of this conservatism.

I'm hanging with Mike McCarthy because of my perception as regards the above. We go nowhere this year, yet again, btw. I saw that many weeks ago... you probably did also, deep down.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Part of Ted's job is to keep this franchise financially viable.

Anyway, we got robbed by the officials in '09, won it in '10 and were good enough to get it last year, despite supposedly not having good enough players. That shit sandwich wasn't on Ted's inability to stock shelves.

Let's also factor in career ending injuries, Ted's lost a few elite players.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
8 years ago

The team had 70 yards of offense in the first half...are YOU watching the same game I am? I commented on Aaron Rodgers in another thread, that Davante play you referenced and the end zone td...bad stuff, i agree. Before we get all gaga for how close we could have been, again, 70 damn yards in the 1st half. Aaron Rodgers not throwing that int so its 10-3 would have merely been lipstick on a pig. When in the game did the offense show it could protect or move the ball if not gifted garbage time leniency or a 15 yard field to operate with?

Abby's first target and Adams in the endzone yet again highlighted one of the bigger culprits. Even IF they get open, they can't catch. RRodg gets tackled by grass. What viable weapons does this offense have?

Originally Posted by: musccy 

You have to let your prejudged opinions of Rodgers go; you have to evaluate how he played in Arizona, not through a prism of what he did in the past.

He's failing to execute well-rehearsed scripted plays! He cant react right to a blitz! He's not going thru his progressions. He's like a safety that cant tackle; a DLman that cant get push; an OLman that cant block.

Your logic is out of whack; you have to control for variables!!! You're like the DR that concludes hot dogs caused cancer because all 10 of his cancer patients admitted to eating them.

There probably have not been 6 halves of football in the last 10 years where the the other 10 guys on Offense played close to flawless. Marshall Newhouse was a LT for 1.5 seasons for god sake; we've consistently been in the top of the league in drops; Rodgers has had up to 6 dropped passes in a half; wrong routes are run all the time...But before this year how many of those times when the other 10 offensive guys were performing not so great did it cause us to have 70 yards in a half?????

If you control the variables, you will see NOTHING has changed this year EXCEPT RODGERS. He was a great/MVP player, he simply is not one anymore! Personally, I'm amused by how difficult this has been for so many Packer fans to understand this. It really underscores how the masses are easily led. America became convinced there were WOMD in Iraq as easily as being convinced it's not AR's fault, 'cause he be good. Starr was great, just not anymore!

Everyone's looking for excuses to protect Lord Rodgers that's why their heads are confused mess of cause and effect. If Rodgers was MVP this year: everyone would be talking about how great Davante has been, he'd have 70 catches for 1000 yards and 6-7 TDs; an what a 3rd round steal R.Rodgers was, etc.

It's not MM's fault either; Mike McCarthy hasn't lost this team in anyway; Mike McCarthy got 52 guys fired up to play great in AZ, especially amazing given the PED news that came out that morning. It was Aaron Rodgers that didn't come to play! But, a team can be lost on one bad decision, like continuing to start a shitty QB.
luigis
8 years ago

You have to let your prejudged opinions of Rodgers go; you have to evaluate how he played in Arizona, not through a prism of what he did in the past.

He's failing to execute well-rehearsed scripted plays! He cant react right to a blitz! He's not going thru his progressions. He's like a safety that cant tackle; a DLman that cant get push; an OLman that cant block.

Your logic is out of whack; you have to control for variables!!! You're like the DR that concludes hot dogs caused cancer because all 10 of his cancer patients admitted to eating them.

There probably have not been 6 halves of football in the last 10 years where the the other 10 guys on Offense played close to flawless. Marshall Newhouse was a LT for 1.5 seasons for god sake; we've consistently been in the top of the league in drops; Rodgers has had up to 6 dropped passes in a half; wrong routes are run all the time...But before this year how many of those times when the other 10 offensive guys were performing not so great did it cause us to have 70 yards in a half?????

If you control the variables, you will see NOTHING has changed this year EXCEPT RODGERS. He was a great/MVP player, he simply is not one anymore! Personally, I'm amused by how difficult this has been for so many Packer fans to understand this. It really underscores how the masses are easily led. America became convinced there were WOMD in Iraq as easily as being convinced it's not AR's fault, 'cause he be good. Starr was great, just not anymore!

Everyone's looking for excuses to protect Lord Rodgers that's why their heads are confused mess of cause and effect. If Rodgers was MVP this year: everyone would be talking about how great Davante has been, he'd have 70 catches for 1000 yards and 6-7 TDs; an what a 3rd round steal R.Rodgers was, etc.

It's not MM's fault either; Mike McCarthy hasn't lost this team in anyway; Mike McCarthy got 52 guys fired up to play great in AZ, especially amazing given the PED news that came out that morning. It was Aaron Rodgers that didn't come to play! But, a team can be lost on one bad decision, like continuing to start a shitty QB.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Interesting post. I disagree with you because I think it is MM's fault and not Rodgers but let's play along to see if you can convince me.
Let's assume Rodgers is the biggest problem in our offense, now the questions:

1: Why? How can a MVP QB turn into Blake Bortles from one season to the other?
2: Why did he play very well the first 6 games? Rodgers was 24/35 for 333 yards and 5TDs against Kansas City.
3: What is the solution?

Luis
nerdmann
8 years ago

Interesting post. I disagree with you because I think it is MM's fault and not Rodgers but let's play along to see if you can convince me.
Let's assume Rodgers is the biggest problem in our offense, now the questions:

1: Why? How can a MVP QB turn into Blake Bortles from one season to the other?
2: Why did he play very well the first 6 games? Rodgers was 24/35 for 333 yards and 5TDs against Kansas City.
3: What is the solution?

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Kansas City figured out how to rush only as deep as Aaron was dropping, to cut off his roll-out lanes. Just seemed to me his stat-whoring "sand lot" play was working at that time, until teams figured out that blueprint of how to shut it down.

The downward spiral started AFTER the bye week.

Oh yeah, and Ty Montgomery went down too, that dude was explosive early. Defenses REALLY had to be aware of him. I think that is an underrated factor.

But overall, Aaron seems to have lost his fundamentals. He lacks them in throwing the football and he lacks them in playing the game, vis a vis progressions and whatnot. He also seems to be taking a diva attitude toward his HC.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”