Barfarn
8 years ago
LOL, stop this nonsense!

It's just one guy taking 1/7th of the cap money and playing at a $550K level. Fix or replace the guy and you'll be fine.

This team is alot better than Dallas without the QBs.

We lost Rodgers for most of 2013 and 2015 and made POs both years. Dallas loses their QB in that division, playing the NFC South and can barely win a freakin' game.

FACT: Our receivers are open no less than they've been in any other year since we had Lofton and co.
The_Green_Ninja
8 years ago

Green_Ninja, I think it is quite improper to say our o-line is injured, and then suggest our team building approach is wrong. Injuries will often make any sound approach look bad if there are enough of them.

I wonder what the breakdown would be of the position players drafted with high picks. I'm willing to guess the majority are accounted for at the QB, D-Line, and O-line positions. I don't think we have glaring holes at any of these positions (yes, when healthy I think our o-line starters are good enough).

Before this season, was there ever a complaint that we didn't have "fast" enough WRs? I don't really remember it. And frankly, in a WCO based system that Mike McCarthy utilizes, you really don't need speed burners.

I don't think this is an issue of bad draft picks or wrong players picked by Ted. You can blame him for no speed at TE, but it has been pretty clear (even going back to Finley and him being asked to put on more weight) that Mike McCarthy prefers thicker TEs. You should still have had a team able to exploit the middle of the field by using Cobb and Montgomery. Both are quicker players, and Montgomery is "bigger" than your average slot WR.

The drafting of players to fit McCarthy's system is fine. Ted's method isn't the problem - he could stand to be more aggressive or dip into the FA pool more, but his method has still gotten us talented enough players.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

*face palm*

I never said our team building method is wrong. I said currently there is an issue in the sucess of on of our "department" (GM or coaching). Hypothetically if we are doing it right, young players should develop in 1-2 years. But maybe the issue isn't either of these but just drafting low in general makes this tough. If ted had his way he would probably trade a top 10 picks for a bunch of lower picks which work just as well - more opportunities.

Our top linebacker was drafted 23rd and our good run-stopper was drafted 9th both in the first round. I think we might all agree if 2008 didn't happen 2010 might not have happened either.

UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
The downfall of this team lies between McCarthy and Rodgers. Whatever it is going on between those two is tanking a team that is still talented enough to win the Superbowl this year.
The_Green_Ninja
8 years ago
Everyone seems to be coming to the same point - which was one of my main points - is that either Ted fails to draft good players or Mike fails to make good players. Or, the alternative that no one likes, that maybe other teams that also have professionals who understand football very well and understand good talent... but happen to have higher draft picks.
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
8 years ago

LOL, stop this nonsense!

It's just one guy taking 1/7th of the cap money and playing at a $550K level. Fix or replace the guy and you'll be fine.

This team is alot better than Dallas without the QBs.

We lost Rodgers for most of 2013 and 2015 and made POs both years. Dallas loses their QB in that division, playing the NFC South and can barely win a freakin' game.

FACT: Our receivers are open no less than they've been in any other year since we had Lofton and co.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

So we are better then Dallas. We are better then a 4-12 team.

FACT: What you say is flase. The tape disagrees with you with past preformances.http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-wymm/article-1/What-You-Mightve-Missed-No-one-was-open/963470f7-4ae6-44f2-8b0b-9897b4e3274d?qwr=nomob 
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
8 years ago

Then why is this team on position to probably have no chance of breaking the second round of the playoffs? (Granted I hope Im wrong and we win the Super Bowl lol)

Nobody gets open and McCarthy has been approving and running with stupid gameplans.

Why hasn't Cobb "developed into a #1 WR?

Because he's not. He's a slot receiver / return man who happens to be a solid #2. I'll take Greg Jennings over Randall Cobb any day.

why hasn't Adams broken out yet?

Because he's injured and most receivers breakout in their third or fourth season. Case in point -- Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson.

Why do teams with just a decent passing game crush us?

Because Dom Capers' stupid zone scheme has them playing ten yards off the line of scrimmage literally every time. If we're going against an Elite QB, we're screwed.

Are they secrect top 5 draft picks that just havent shown yet and have an odell beckham jr hidden on our team?

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Beckham was drafted 12th overall.

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
nerdmann
8 years ago

*looks at New England*

Yeah, you're done.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

This type of protestant guilt trip is bullshit man.

Just because you experience something good, doesn't mean that you have to or should be forced to suffer or experience something negative. Get over it man.

There's no providence here. Our QB has sold us out, and our HC doesn't have the balls to stand up to him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
blueleopard
8 years ago

This type of protestant guilt trip is bullshit man.

Just because you experience something good, doesn't mean that you have to or should be forced to suffer or experience something negative. Get over it man.

There's no providence here. Our QB has sold us out, and our HC doesn't have the balls to stand up to him.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Oh please your conspiracy theories are even worse. If Rodgers is hanging McCarthy out to dry, then he should shut it with the humble act and call him out publicly.

If the garbage you're saying is even half true, then both Rodgers and McCarthy would stop giving the media the typical Green Bay Kool-Aid and leave it all out for everybody to see.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Barfarn
8 years ago

So we are better then Dallas. We are better then a 4-12 team.

FACT: What you say is flase. The tape disagrees with you with past preformances.http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-wymm/article-1/What-You-Mightve-Missed-No-one-was-open/963470f7-4ae6-44f2-8b0b-9897b4e3274d?qwr=nomob 

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

I said GB's 53 guys less Aaron Rodgers are better than Dallas' 53 minus Romo. Dallas with Witten, Bryant, the greatest OL in history and a great D on paper. Please dont dishonestly restate things.

And thank you for posting that link because it is my Exhibit A! Spoffard's first play shows Cobb has 1.5 steps in the middle, w/ no LBs in front and a wide open throwing lane BEFORE Aaron Rodgers is pressured. That's open even for mark Sanchez; can you not see that? The second play there are 3 receivers open; can you not see that either? Dont just take what these dorfwads say; you gotta think for yourself.

What is open to you? A guy running around with no one within 10 yards? Go back and look at any game from last year: receivers on the sideline, w/ CB on inside shoulder and ball goes low and outside for completion; R.Rodgers, Q or Cobb in the middle with a guy on their hip and ball goes low to opposite hip for completion. 40% of Rodgers' passes were completed to guys that were more covered using Spoffard's example of being covered. Oh and by the way, that's why he got and deserved $20M per.

Today on the last play and last play of Carolina game; guys WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open and Aaron Rodgers couldn't find one in Carolina and look like he took a dive on the INT v. Minnesota. Sayin' the receivers are not open makes you look a little silly.
Cheesey
8 years ago
Seriously, look at how many "can't miss" first rounders end up on the junk heap? ANSWER: A lot of them! Just because you have a high draft pick doesn't mean the guy will be a stud.
It's a crap shoot.
No player is a guarenteed pro bowler.
I wonder how many teams that passed on Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft are kicking themselves now?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (4h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (7h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (21h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.