Yerko
8 years ago
Barfarn- can you stop blabbering on about it just being Rodgers? Rodgers is playing sloppy football but its not the only issue. Just stop.

Look at the routes these receivers are running and how they are running them. Half-assed routes and slow coupled with zero ability to gain any type of separation from the defender.

Cobb, our $10 million WR, was shown twice through replay last week against the Vikings being easily covered by a d-lineman dropping back into coverage and was man covered by a damn linebacker another play. We maybe get one good route out of Cobb a game and anything else is him getting open during a scramble drill (the only successful plays this offense has).

McCarthy's plays just do not work with the current players we have at WR. Add to that the poorish performances Rodgers has had.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Barfarn- can you stop blabbering on about it just being Rodgers? Rodgers is playing sloppy football but its not the only issue. Just stop.

Look at the routes these receivers are running and how they are running them. Half-assed routes and slow coupled with zero ability to gain any type of separation from the defender.

Cobb, our $10 million WR, was shown twice through replay last week against the Vikings being easily covered by a d-lineman dropping back into coverage and was man covered by a damn linebacker another play. We maybe get one good route out of Cobb a game and anything else is him getting open during a scramble drill (the only successful plays this offense has).

McCarthy's plays just do not work with the current players we have at WR. Add to that the poorish performances Rodgers has had.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

No offense is going to work if your QB is going to stand there for 8 seconds because no one is "open" enough. No has been "open" for 4 years. That hasn't changed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
8 years ago

Nothing has changed except Rodgers? You expecting anyone to just believe whatever you say because you smash your CAPS LOCK key! 😂

[list]

• It's spelled out right here  about the OL
  • Losing your top flight elite WR Jordy Nelson hurts your one trick pony offense
  • Play-calling duties were shifted
  • We have a former QB coaching BOTH the QB and WR positions
  • Packers were crazy healthy last season and far from this season.
  • Randall Cobb has a shitty shoulder from that A/C Joint deal
  • Davante Adams still hasn't recovered from the ankle and apparently has sand in his vagina
  • [/list]

Nothing has changed????? NOTHING? What load of garbage!
    [nohair]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Nice dishonest Strawman! The argument isnt that nothing has changed; of course their have been changes and I have acknowledged them all. The issue is why does the offense sucks and I'm saying the ONLY material thing that has changed to cause that offense going from near first to worst is Rodgers' play!

Dont limit your thinking only to last year. Rodgers has lost his top flight WRs before; Rodgers has played with drops among the lead leaders; Rodgers has played with really bad OLs; bad RBs and several points of his career he was inflicted with all of these things all at the same time. And the offense was effective, because Rodgers played with poise, was great at reading and reacting to blitzes; went thru his progressions; he saw all the open receiver on the field; was deadly accurate; played a flawless mental game; etc. You see this is why he got 20M and was worth EVERY PENNY.

In 2013 we had Tolzien and Flynn playing with Myles White and Boykin as #3 and 4 behind Nelson and Jones and behind a MUCH worse OL and the offense was MUCH better. The tackles were Barclay [5 starts], Newhouse [3starts] and rookie Baktieri [8 starts]; the center EDS and Lang was not as good at guard as he was in 2014 and 15. What's is your argument: that the loss of Nelson hurts the offense more than the loss of Rodgers? That'd be pretty stupid. Com'mon why did this offense far out shine this 2015 version. since bye week. There is only one possible answer: Rodgers in 2015 is playing worse than Tolzien and Flynn did in 2013.

100 out of 100 times Aaron Rodgers would have executed that EASY 3rd and 2 play in 1Q of Viking game I described in another post; but he misses a play or 2 like that per game now. That is why the O is dead , no other reason.

Z2C ya gotta WATCH THE GAME, study it, apply what you know to what you see, dont allow prejudice into your evaluations by looking through a prism of bullshit stats.

Now to be successful Aaron Rodgers apparently needs to be surrounded by 10 all-pros. This never used to be.
    nerdmann
    8 years ago

Nice dishonest Strawman! The argument isnt that nothing has changed; of course their have been changes and I have acknowledged them all. The issue is why does the offense sucks and I'm saying the ONLY material thing that has changed to cause that offense going from near first to worst is Rodgers' play!

Dont limit your thinking only to last year. Rodgers has lost his top flight WRs before; Rodgers has played with drops among the lead leaders; Rodgers has played with really bad OLs; bad RBs and several points of his career he was inflicted with all of these things all at the same time. And the offense was effective, because Rodgers played with poise, was great at reading and reacting to blitzes; went thru his progressions; he saw all the open receiver on the field; was deadly accurate; played a flawless mental game; etc. You see this is why he got 20M and was worth EVERY PENNY.

In 2013 we had Tolzien and Flynn playing with Myles White and Boykin as #3 and 4 behind Nelson and Jones and behind a MUCH worse OL and the offense was MUCH better. The tackles were Barclay [5 starts], Newhouse [3starts] and rookie Baktieri [8 starts]; the center EDS and Lang was not as good at guard as he was in 2014 and 15. What's is your argument: that the loss of Nelson hurts the offense more than the loss of Rodgers? That'd be pretty stupid. Com'mon why did this offense far out shine this 2015 version. since bye week. There is only one possible answer: Rodgers in 2015 is playing worse than Tolzien and Flynn did in 2013.

100 out of 100 times Aaron Rodgers would have executed that EASY 3rd and 2 play in 1Q of Viking game I described in another post; but he misses a play or 2 like that per game now. That is why the O is dead , no other reason.

Z2C ya gotta WATCH THE GAME, study it, apply what you know to what you see, dont allow prejudice into your evaluations by looking through a prism of bullshit stats.

Now to be successful Aaron Rodgers apparently needs to be surrounded by 10 all-pros. This never used to be.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Not only that, but he would have hit JJ running wide open down the sideline on that second to last play. Then would NEVER have thrown the 0 yard screen in the middle of the field with time winding down like that to end the game. No way he gets out of bounds there.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Barfarn
    8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Of course it is not the ONLY issue? Duh.

Last year, if the other 10 guys executed perfectly we'd have scored 50 points/game. But they didn't, so we averaged 30. The other 10 guys are executing pretty darn close to years past, when our offenses were #3, #5, #6 etc.; so why are we #26 in last 10 weeks? Answer: it's not because of the way the other 10 guys are performing, because they are performing the same.

Ya Cobb ran a real shitty route wide open in end zone and first read on last play of Carolina game; Jones shitty route to be open by 5 yards at end of Viking game; I get why Nerd says Aaron Rodgers threw the game, in 7 years I never saw Aaron Rodgers do anything close to this stuff; i would have said 1 year ago that this was impossible.

Buddy, ya gotta go look at a game from last year ANY ONE. Plus, you dont know what separation is; please educate yourself! Stop repeating lies by idiots! Last year what was adequate separation to complete a pass, this year is not BECAUSE OF THE QB. Don't you have any recollection of last year?

Remember that 3rd down seem pass to Jennings on last drive in SB? Jennings was open. This year the ball would be thrown behind Jennings and knocked down or too far in and fallen INC and you'd say Jennings couldn't get separation.

There is no defense to the perfect pass; the difference between good and bad coverage is how perfect the pass must be. The DBs only seem to have better coverage because 2015-AR is Mark Sanchez, not AR.
    Mike McCarthy plays have worked fine for 10 years when executed by a good QB; his plays worked just fine executed by Tolzein and Flynn with Nelson, Jones, Boykin and White as top four WRs; Q and Taylor as top 2 TEs and a much much worse OL.

Stop looking though your A and R glasses!

Oh and on Cobb running one good route a game; what a stupid thing to say.
    Zero2Cool
    8 years ago

Nice dishonest Strawman!

What do you mean with this?

The argument isnt that nothing has changed; of course their have been changes and I have acknowledged them all.

When you said "NOTHING HAS CHANGED; but Rodgers' ability to play MVP QB." that is not acknowledging them all. Actually you cited one change -- after capitalizing your key phrase to add emphasis I might add -- and that was it. I list off a half dozen or so changes from this season to the season prior.

So instead of debating each change I listed, you're going to insult me with this fabricated line of garbage?

Come on! Tell me how we added this player or that player or Tom Clements is better at play-calling or something to debate the points laid out! It's shallow to question another fans football knowledge directly like this. Don't stoop to that.

I think Aaron is still reading PackersHome and we all know this was directed towards, lol.