Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Regarding nerdmann being "100%" right, let us not forget a broken clock is right twice everyday and that doesn't mean the clock is worth it's weight in salt! (nerd, just ribbing ya buddy!)

Rodgers aint coming back. Beside succumbing to narcissistic arrogance; he's got money and prestige and lost the will to take a hit! He's a scared little egocentric debutante.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

After being sacked 46 times or nearly three times every game, I would be a little a weary about taking a hit too, lol. If you read this phenomenal insight here  you'll see that the offensive line isn't that good and the only reason they gave the illusion of being good in 2014 was the amazing continuity they were fortunate to have.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

What made this offense so great was the yards after catch. In the past, receivers have been able to get open with space in front of them and Rodgers would put the ball in the perfect spot. That has not happened this year.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

It also seems we run far more sideline routes than over the middle where one gets more YAC. RR is painfully slow and seems to be the only guy who gets thrown to over the middle. Every throw to Cobb over the middle seems to be an incompletion.

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

"Idiotically" is such a strong word-especially when Nerd is 100% correct.

at 22 seconds Rodgers is looking left; Rodgers/Cobb in flat; Jones slows as if to block and takes off; but his CB stays to guard the screen. Sendejo is late and Jones is WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE open for 15-20 yards! FOR 15 TO 20 YARDS.

This was 100% by design. And Aaron Rodgers 100% literally shit his pants.

You make a somewhat advanced football thinking statement about the WR needing to be ready for the ball, only problem, it has no application to this play.

It is a strong word, and it is correct. What I have been saying is that just because on video after the play we can see a player open. Doesn't mean that it was even an option when the play was actually being run. There is so much more than how close coverage is at a specific time into determining whether to throw the pass or not. When a play is called there are dozens of possible options. When they are at the LOS, Rodgers is looking at defense and going through their trends to eliminate possible options before the ball is ever snapped. If they were in a coverage where the scouting says that the deep sideline would be covered than the QB would not be looking for it during the play.

On that play, it is typically not the CB that determines if they throw or not, it is the deep coverage because the ball is supposed to lead the WR over the outside shoulder. Normally on a play like that, The ball is in the air about 5 yards from jones making his break and timed to hit him about 20 yards further down the sideline. If before the snap or break the Safety is showing something that would make them believe he would be in position to make the play on the ball, they don't throw the ball even if the CB releases the receiver.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
8 years ago

Regarding nerdmann being "100%" right, let us not forget a broken clock is right twice everyday and that doesn't mean the clock is worth it's weight in salt! (nerd, just ribbing ya buddy!)

After being sacked 46 times or nearly three times every game, I would be a little a weary about taking a hit too, lol. If you read this phenomenal insight here  you'll see that the offensive line isn't that good and the only reason they gave the illusion of being good in 2014 was the amazing continuity they were fortunate to have.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ya good article! But, here's the RELATIVE facts! Let's adjust for another variable:
2015: 2.7 sacks per game
2014: 2.8 sacks per game [This # surprised me]
2013: 2.8 sacks per game
2012: 2.8 sacks per game

The OL has never been very good; yet Rodgers played a really really good to MVP level; now suddenly Rodgers is Trent Edwards...Why? Well we know one thing: IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF THE OL.

Let me repeat: Minn @ GB 2012; Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton, Barclay; Top 2 WRs out [Nelson/Jennings], Alex Green as starting RB and the O gained 435 yards. I watched that game recently and Aaron Rodgers was unbelievable, magnificent...got no protection at all, yet was simply worth every penny of 20M. The only thing that is similar between the QB I saw in this game and the last 10 games of 2015 is the jersey #.

UPI just reported: Shortly before the Denver game; Rodgers witnessed a mob hit; he went into witness protection. Murphy not wanting to see ticket sales fall hired Rodgers' doppleganger dude and he has been playing QB since.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Ya good article! But, here's the RELATIVE facts! Let's adjust for another variable:
2015: 2.7 sacks per game
2014: 2.8 sacks per game [This # surprised me]
2013: 2.8 sacks per game
2012: 2.8 sacks per game

The OL has never been very good; yet Rodgers played a really really good to MVP level; now suddenly Rodgers is Trent Edwards...Why? Well we know one thing: IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF THE OL.

Per ESPN, the Packers gave the following sack totals.
[list]
  • 2015: 47 sacks or 2.9 sacks per game
  • 2014: 30 sacks or 1.8 sacks per game
  • 2013: 45 sacks or 2.8 sacks per game
  • 2012: 51 sacks or 3.1 sacks per game[/list]

• Aaron Rodgers was sacked ...
    [list]
  • 2015: 46 sacks or 2.8 sacks per game
  • 2014: 28 sacks or 1.75 sacks per game
  • 2013: 21 sacks or 2.3 sacks per game

• Now that we some accurate statistics about sacks laid out, let's understand that sacks are not 100% on the offensive line and that a quarterback who holds he ball too long rather than throwing the ball away needs to absorb responsibility too. The poor offensive line play has contributed heavily (not all) to the poor offensive output.

The Packers have QB and WR being coached (swear I've mentioned this before and it was ignored, interesting) by a former quarterback. That is a mistake most predicted last off season.

Jordy Nelson has really hurt the offense.

Both Randall Cobb (shoulder) and Davante Adams (ankle) have been toughing out injuries all season and the offense has suffered from it.

Many claim Eddie Lacy has lost his passion (actually Eddie acknowledged this to be true) for football. He claims to have regained it.

Let me make this clear, once again, Aaron Rodgers play is not THE only issue, rather it is one of an assortment of issues the Packers offense has. The facts are there and it just takes an ounce of objectivity to observe it clearly.

UserPostedImage
    Barfarn
    8 years ago

It is a strong word, and it is correct. What I have been saying is that just because on video after the play we can see a player open. Doesn't mean that it was even an option when the play was actually being run. There is so much more than how close coverage is at a specific time into determining whether to throw the pass or not. When a play is called there are dozens of possible options. When they are at the LOS, Rodgers is looking at defense and going through their trends to eliminate possible options before the ball is ever snapped. If they were in a coverage where the scouting says that the deep sideline would be covered than the QB would not be looking for it during the play.

On that play, it is typically not the CB that determines if they throw or not, it is the deep coverage because the ball is supposed to lead the WR over the outside shoulder. Normally on a play like that, The ball is in the air about 5 yards from jones making his break and timed to hit him about 20 yards further down the sideline. If before the snap or break the Safety is showing something that would make them believe he would be in position to make the play on the ball, they don't throw the ball even if the CB releases the receiver.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Of course, the safeties and LBs are typical key reads; but not on this play. And of course some plays are thrown before the player makes his break. And of course if the safety moved off the hash to sideline behind the CB, the throw is not even made...OF COURSE! And if my Aunt had balls....you know the rest! Why in the eff do you continue speaking hypothetically when we have the play right in front of us to discuss?

Perhaps you are unaware that most of the Packer plays have built in adjustments depending on how the D reacts? Ya see, on those adjustment plays, you must wait for the D to react then instantly throw. If you throw the ball before Jones makes his break you wont know where he CB will be; you must know what the CB is doing before making the throw.

It's a 3 on 3 on the screen outside. The key is what the outside CB does. If Jones takes the CB deep, you throw to Cobb, who gets 7-8 yards and gets OOB. If he can juke one tackle he can go 15-20 yards and get OOB. If CB comes up to get Cobb; you throw to Jones in the window between the CB and S. The problem is the CB totally bit on the screen and the safety was way late so the window was HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. The safety was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy late; why are you even talking about him being positioned to stop that play? why!?

And then Rodgers shit himself...TWICE

After rolling out missing the WIDE OPEN JJ, he could have still hit Cobb, who would have gotten 8-10 very important yards to the 29-31 quicker than that rainbow OOB throw to Jones. Leaving three decent shots into EZ. They could have used that roll out right play and Rich Rodgers position in EZ a yard from sideline w/ his guardian on his right hip, then throw the ball 1 yard OOB low and left for TD.
    Barfarn
    8 years ago

Per ESPN, the Packers gave the following sack totals.
    [list]

• 2015: 47 sacks or 2.9 sacks per game
  • 2014: 30 sacks or 1.8 sacks per game
  • 2013: 45 sacks or 2.8 sacks per game

• Aaron Rodgers was sacked ...
    [list]
  • 2015: 46 sacks or 2.8 sacks per game
  • 2014: 28 sacks or 1.75 sacks per game
  • 2013: 21 sacks or 2.3 sacks per game

• Now that we some accurate statistics about sacks laid out, let's understand that sacks are not 100% on the offensive line and that a quarterback who holds he ball too long rather than throwing the ball away needs to absorb responsibility too. The poor offensive line play has contributed heavily (not all) to the poor offensive output.

The Packers have QB and WR being coached (swear I've mentioned this before and it was ignored, interesting) by a former quarterback. That is a mistake most predicted last off season.

Jordy Nelson has really hurt the offense.

Both Randall Cobb (shoulder) and Davante Adams (ankle) have been toughing out injuries all season and the offense has suffered from it.

Many claim Eddie Lacy has lost his passion (actually Eddie acknowledged this to be true) for football. He claims to have regained it.

Let me make this clear, once again, Aaron Rodgers play is not THE only issue, rather it is one of an assortment of issues the Packers offense has. The facts are there and it just takes an ounce of objectivity to observe it clearly.

WARNING: stay away from teamrankings.com 😂

The first thing you need to do is LISTEN to my argument. I'm not speaking of why the O has "issues." I'm postulating as to why the O absolutely sucks.

Obviously all of these things contribute to offense being less effective. But, your argument stands on the proposition that the next man up thing has suddenly stopped working and this would be WRONG. My point is these injuries or whatevers only account for dropping from 1 to 3 or to 6 or heck maybe even to 10; But it is Rodgers play that has caused our Offense to be like no 29 in last 10 games and if we take away garbage time stats our offense is the absolute worst [and it is not even close to No 31].

Or let me restate it this way: Rodgers was playing better in first 6 games, not great, we we're 6-0. If Aaron Rodgers kicked to an MVP level; we'd be 14-2 at worst. We'd be recommending Adams and RichRodgers for sainthood as they would both have close to 8-900 Yards. Our O would be ranked like #3-7 and we'd still be fascinated with the announcers saying, "you cant cover a guy any better, but with Rodgers at QB that is not being covered;" "There's Rodgers again throwing his receiver open;" etc.

One thing your missing from you analysis is how much better the D has played. Yea stats look the same; but if the O played like last year this D would easily be top 7-8. And a good D will make the O stats look better.

Your also not factoring in the affect a mediocre player [A.Rodgers] has on the team when he is trashing his mates in the media.

Fat Lacy and Starks are still better than old Ryan Grant and Alex Green. How much of Lacy's attitude comes from watching AR. Julius Campbell 😂 said "attitude reflects leadership." It is very true.

Jennings and Nelson missed big chunks in 2012; the OL was worse in 2012; yet the Pack was 5th in scoring and Green was the RB. And the O didn't suffer at all w/ Nelson out. what changed compared to 2105? Yep, 1 answer: Rodgers!

As Cobb and Adams got better and healthier in 2015; the O has gotten WORSE. Hard to figure that their injuries have caused the O to turn to complete suck.

I dont buy the coaching thing. Im not sure how good Van Pelt is; but a guy can teach or he cant, it has nothing to do with his position. Mike McCarthy was TE in Div 3 and was a great QB coach, and this seem to be the rule not the exception across the NFL. Also the coaching labels mean very little, Guys are getting new titles and probably more money so they don't leave. Bennett still works with the WRs even though hes the OC; Clements has had several titles; but his role is not changed much.

So yes I agree Aaron Rodgers is only one factor in the O getting worse. What I'm arguing is that his play is the ONLY reason we are the worst offense in the league sans garbage time over 10 games as opposed to being #5, like we were in 2012.
    Zero2Cool
    8 years ago

Jennings and Nelson missed big chunks in 2012; the OL was worse in 2012; yet the Pack was 5th in scoring and Green was the RB. And the O didn't suffer at all w/ Nelson out. what changed compared to 2105? Yep, 1 answer: Rodgers!

One answer if you have one eye shut and are squinting through the other.

Greg Jennings played in 8 games
    Jordy Nelson played in 12 games
    Jermichael Finley played in every game. Read this to get an idea  of what a TE can do without big numbers.
    Donald Driver played in 13 games.
    James Jones played in 16 games and was a better player then (14 TD's) than he is now

2012 team had more weapons than 2015
    Plus the other changes I mentioned several times.
    UserPostedImage
    Laser Gunns
    8 years ago

Jermichael Finley played in every game. Read this to get an idea  of what a TE can do without big numbers.
    James Jones played in 16 games and was a better player then (14 TD's) than he is now

Yup.

You see it every week, we have nobody who can work the inside.

Richard Rodgers is awful, id almost bet Kuhn is faster than him.

MintBaconDrivel
    Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
    Barfarn
    8 years ago

Bullshit!

Love how you shape stats to humiliate your point. Stop squinting and open your eyes, MAN. This 2012 rag tag bunch of losers was the #5 Offense ONLY because of an MVP at QB.

All you Rodgers Boys/Girls are doing the same thing. You acknowledge he’s part of the problem. But when you go and point to other players as also being another part; you fail to take into account that a major reason they look as they do is because Aaron Rodgers is a problem. Only an idiot thinks Adams or Rodgers took a step back; these are good players.

Anyways: I Love this one: Donald Driver played in 13 games, but James Jones wasn’t as good. Why the comment on JJ and not a mention that Driver was just a name, a guy that got a legacy roster invite and sucked and played in 13% of snaps? He only played because there were a ton of injuries. Any whoever believes 2012–Driver was a weapon is just a dolting fan. All WRs on the 2015 roster including Janis and Myles White were better than 2012-Driver. Oh yea, lets not forget Driver 2012 stat line 13 targets, 8 catches...nice weapon!

2012-Jennings was a “weapon?” Com’mon man! You are a dolting fan! With Aaron Rodgers at QB, 62(Targets)-36-336-4, are you nuts? Of 1054 snaps; he got 371. Of course, Jennings went to Minnesota and Miami and he has shown just what a power stud elite receiver weapon he was, hasn’t he?! Jennings was good, but a system WR that was never an elite receiver....NEVER! But in 2012 he was mostly unavailable, and when available, he sucked along with his sister!

JJ wasn’t as good in 2015, really? And you base this on what?! 2012: 64-784-14 playing w/ Aaron Rodgers and 50-890-8 playing w/ the goof we had at QB in 2015 and an Offense that sucks donkey dick. Oh and how did Jones acquit himself when he didn’t have an MVP QB throwing to him with a rookie QB and no other weapons: 112 targets (65.2% catch Rate) 73-666-6. Not too bad, much better than Jennings. Goes to Giants camp and leads all receivers in catches, yards and TDs. Stop listening to the announcers and watch the game! And as Nerd pointed out; he should have one more long catch and a TD in just 45 seconds of Minn game, puts him at 52-930-9. What would his stats be if we had an MVP QB in 2015: 70-1100-12 maybe? Would you then be saying he’s not as good?

Yes Nelson was and is a weapon; but stating he played in 12 games is dishonest. The truth is he had 549 snaps out of 1054. That’s 50%. And I have pointed out that statistically for the 6 games he effectively totally missed the offense gained a few more yards better than their season average. So in 2012, Nelson was a weapon, who when absent, didn’t hurt the O. Though I think Jordy is elite, this is a strong argument for those opining that he’s Greg Jennings; an average system WR who gets good stats ‘cause an MVP is at QB.

Cobb, was/is a weapon, but in his second year was nowhere near as good then as he is now. And he was amongst the league leaders in drops. Only Jimmy Graham, victor Cruz, Megatron, Brandon Marshall, Welker and Damarious Thomas had more! And Graham was the only one with a higher drop rate. And I keep pointing out, in 2015, as Cobb and Adams got healthier, the O actually got worse. When Aaron Rodgers had more weapons, the O gets worse. This sucky O is not because of the weapons, if it was, it would be better with more weapons. IT IS THE QB Folks.

Here’s a trivial question for ya: in 2012, who was only OLman to play every snap? [Hint, he plays for the Giants now and his name rhymes with suckhouse].

Who were are RBs????? #1 Alex Green; #2 Cedric Benson; #3 Starks [124 of 1054 snaps] and Dujan Harris and Ryan Grant [68 snaps]. 2012-Ryan Grant, how desperate did ya have to be to put that stiff on a roster and give him 68 snaps?

Yea and another really good article on TEs; But WTF does that have to do with Finley?
    RichRodgers in year 2 is a better TE than Finley ever was! In 2012 w/ Aaron Rodgers at QB, Finley: 87-61-667-10.9-2; R.Rodgers in 2015 w/ the goof we had at QB and an offense that sucks donkey dick: 85-58-510-8.8-8. Plus as you say Finley was surrounded by more weapons, so you must clearly subscribe to the idea that Finley obviously got less attention in 2012 than RichRod in 2015. Oh and Finley led all TEs in drops that year [Jimmy Graham is a WR] plus lost a fumble and couldn’t block worth didly-poo.

I’m going to show you just how good Jermichedusoffor5years Finley was: In 2012, Williams, Crabtree and Taylor had 28 targets, if they had 84 targets their combined stat line would extrapolate to 48-813-9; Finley on 87 targets 61-667-2. Finley was BY FAR a worse receiver than that 3 headed TE monster of WillTayTree. Next man up is a real bitch with an MVP QB, not so much with Mark Sanchez playing QB for us in 2015?
    Fan Shout
    Martha Careful (3h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (6h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (7h) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (10h) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (10h) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (10h) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
    beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
    Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
    wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
    Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
    Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
    Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
    Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
    Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
    Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
    Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
    beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
    beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
    beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
    beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
    Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
    Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
    Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
    beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
    dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
    beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.